same sex marriage

kaiasa
kaiasa Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Chronicles
I think its ridiculous that we cant marry characters of the same sex, in game. yes i m sure this spark a massive arguement i dont really care i just want the oppertunity to marry my pw girlfriend. this is mostly irritating cause pwi made it strictly clear that girls cant marry girls and men cant marry men. i cant be the only one who is upset that those who are attracted to the same sex to marry in game. why is it we cant. and i wont respond to flamers and trolls, i dont mind people expressing their oppinion but hate and insults are not what im looking for. lets act like adults and talk in a positive non aggressive maner ok. ;)
Post edited by kaiasa on

Comments

• Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    dude its not gonna happen... quit QQing about it
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No, you are not the only one who feels like this. As evidenced by the fact that this exact thread pops up about once a week.

Unfortunately, this is unlikely to happen. People have made themselves heard on the matter. Sad, yes...but nothing that yet another post is going to change.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This type of thread has been started and locked over and over again. This will bring out the flamers and biggots. This is a traditional MMo with asian theme and culture we should just deal with it and enjoy the game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    why do people care so much abotu getting married on a game?

get over it
  • Ebrithiill - Lost City
    Ebrithiill - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    why do pepole really keep posting this. I DONT SUPPORT **** MARRIAGEs. Not only is it against religion, it is also against biology. Plus A marriage is symbolic of spiritual unification. What i suggest is that u "guys" ask for like a partner unification ceremony that does the same but is not called MARRIAGE.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    kaiasa wrote: »
    I think its ridiculous that we cant marry characters of the same sex, in game. yes i m sure this spark a massive arguement i dont really care i just want the oppertunity to marry my pw girlfriend. this is mostly irritating cause pwi made it strictly clear that girls cant marry girls and men cant marry men. i cant be the only one who is upset that those who are attracted to the same sex to marry in game. why is it we cant. and i wont respond to flamers and trolls, i dont mind people expressing their oppinion but hate and insults are not what im looking for. lets act like adults and talk in a positive non aggressive maner ok. ;)

Pretty sure that only 4 or 5 states in the US allow for same sex marriage.. It is not even allowed in California, where voters outlawed same sex marriages just a few months ago.

If you look at Europe only 5 countries allow for it.

So PWI is not that far off what the "general population" of where the servers are hosted believe in.

Not saying I agree or not, just stating what when you look at where most players come from and where servers are hosted, PWI's position is just about normal/average/common.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • kimink
    kimink Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    even if we cant have same sex couples on the game i think it's a very logical suggestion to ask that women could at least embrace women or men, men. Yes it maybe a bit wierd but my friend on the game is a girl and when she travels it would be nice if she could pick me up so i could go with her ... trying to find a member of the opp. sex to do this isn't hard, there are plenty of kind people it just would make things even more convienent.
    even if your against same sex couples it still would be nice to have certain opptions.
  • Kea - Harshlands
    Kea - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    kimink wrote: »
    even if we cant have same sex couples on the game i think it's a very logical suggestion to ask that women could at least embrace women or men, men. Yes it maybe a bit wierd but my friend on the game is a girl and when she travels it would be nice if she could pick me up so i could go with her ... trying to find a member of the opp. sex to do this isn't hard, there are plenty of kind people it just would make things even more convienent.
    even if your against same sex couples it still would be nice to have certain opptions.

i was also thinking the same thing as this kinda forgot to mention it lol
  • Kea - Harshlands
    Kea - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    why do pepole really keep posting this. I DONT SUPPORT **** MARRIAGEs. Not only is it against religion, it is also against biology. Plus A marriage is symbolic of spiritual unification. What i suggest is that u "guys" ask for like a partner unification ceremony that does the same but is not called MARRIAGE.

how is it against biology if animals exhibit **** behaviour, and as this is documented several times it is proven. thus if god made animals and humans how is it against god or un spiritual to love someone of the same gender. and also why must people who are **** be segregated from hetero couples when i comes to spiritual unification
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    we need to stop posting threads on this now it only leads to **** bashing. Anyone who reads into it will know these two things.

1. Homosexuality is based off of chemical reactions in the brain, the same way heterosexuality is.

2. Homosexual marriage is not abundant in the real world, and most definitly not in an ancient china themed world, because of this it may take alot of human evolution to get to this point, and even then it would most likely go against the theme of the game.

lets leave it at that please, suggestions can also be made through ticketing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Neonz - Lost City
    Neonz - Lost City Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    dude its not gonna happen... quit QQing about it

Stop being such a jerk it can or can not happen you never know don't contridict others because they are making fourms, if anyone is QQing it is you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Boojangles has a fetish with brambles o.O

---R-E-T-I-R-E-D----
    So troll elsewhere
  • Gosu_shami - Sanctuary
    Gosu_shami - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yet again, I don't mind what people do in their real lives but introducing same-sex marriages in a game is totally unnecessary. I don't like to judge others, because everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. I really hope that PWI doesn't introduce **** marriages. It'll be a horrible example, and though some argue that it'll increase income, u will also loss alot of income because I and many others who wish to not be exposed to this, even virtually, will be left with no other option but to quit this game.

I hope that my comments have not offended anyone. Just as some would like to see same-sex marriages, my position is that i would NOT like to see that in this game. And I believe I have as much right to express myself as those homosexuals out there.
  • goseri
    goseri Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Homosexual marriage is not abundant in the real world, and most definitly not in an ancient china themed world, because of this it may take alot of human evolution to get to this point, and even then it would most likely go against the theme of the game.
    I really hope that PWI doesn't introduce **** marriages. It'll be a horrible example, and though some argue that it'll increase income, u will also loss alot of income because I and many others who wish to not be exposed to this, even virtually, will be left with no other option but to quit this game.

Oops... I guess girls getting married with tigers,wolfs and panda is "abundant" irl ,part of the Chinese culture and a good example for chidrens ?b:chuckle
  • Raiendel - Dreamweaver
    Raiendel - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The reponses to this that are against aren't just incorrect, they're entertaining.

You can also tell who the American's are because they seem to think the world is against it.

If something isn't pertaining to you, why are you making it your business? Besides the fact that you're nosey and have to make everything about you.

I will never understand why people are so controlling that they would rather a system not be introduced for people who want to use it, when they would never have to use it themselves. It doesn't ****ing effect you.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    12. No inappropriate discussion types.
    Inappropriate discussion-types include, but are not limited to, the following discussion types: Politics, Religious issues, Abortion debates, etc. Common sense should dictate what is appropriate or not.

I have to lock this as it is an inappropriate subject as defined by our rules. Every time a thread like this is made it gets flamed b:shocked
This discussion has been closed.