Crystaline Magmite Is Better Then You Think

Options
LadyBastet - Sanctuary
LadyBastet - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
I know this is bringing up the Herc verses Golem issue again but this I could not pass up. I was roaming around the deserted sea looking for World Bosses and such as I was bored. As I was flying around I noticed a roaming level 100 elite named Pumot. Then I remembered a post saying that the Golem CANNOT solo most of the bosses in the game so I thought hey why not prove that post wrong so after 20 minutes of non stop healing on my level 60 golem I put that elite boss in its place and I feel very proud of myself. Just thought I would put it here for everyone to see that a Golem is NOT as useless as you Herc players say it is, and a picture(s) is worth a thousand words.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/Ravyn_Skyfire/Perfect%20World/2009-06-1020-49-57.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/Ravyn_Skyfire/Perfect%20World/2009-06-1020-53-38.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/Ravyn_Skyfire/Perfect%20World/2009-06-1020-57-40.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/Ravyn_Skyfire/Perfect%20World/2009-06-1021-00-12.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/Ravyn_Skyfire/Perfect%20World/2009-06-1021-01-27.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/Ravyn_Skyfire/Perfect%20World/2009-06-1021-02-40-1.jpg
Post edited by LadyBastet - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    gratz ^^, and yeah Magmite rocks
    b:dirty
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/mob/10299

it's weaker than most mobs my level with more hp.
  • Fyrah - Sanctuary
    Fyrah - Sanctuary Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I loved my magmite when I had it. But now, I looooveee my herc.
    You've got to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got, and remember what you had. Always forgive, but never forget. Learn from mistakes, but never regret.
  • LadyBastet - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Thanks. The first couple of tries was a bit off as I was nervous and accidentally hit wrong keys and also ended up in its AOE range which was a *****. Of course I came close with having to switch HP/MP and using HP/MP boost. I will say this that I will not do that again anytime soon, though the mobs surrounding Pumot are easy pickings.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    its an elite not a boss and it has VERY low stats http://www.pwdatabase.com/mob/10299 (lower/similar attack power to 9x non elite mobs) llv 89 quest mob for instance http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/9141
    or how about http://www.pwdatabase.com/mob/9137 , which a 90 herc can tank 10+ of these guys at once
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Send it against a weaker boss, like quillhog king. Herc can solo at 63, rocks die after 1 hit at 63.

The big difference is that herc gets pdef and mdef buffs, as well as damage reflect. Without these, any other pet is substandard at tanking. With these, almost any tanking pet (rocks, shadou, qingfu, armor bear) could be comparable to herc. Unfortunately, these only come from boxes which are near some nasty underwater bosses in Dragon Temple, so unless you're in a high level, PvP oriented faction, you're SoL.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    herc has a higher base hp than any normal pet. so ontop of having 150% the defense, it has about 1k higher hp.
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    herc has a higher base hp than any normal pet. so ontop of having 150% the defense, it has about 1k higher hp.

Said, comparable, not equal. Herc obviously still has the advantage, but most of the time you're over-healing the pet anyway. Higher HP really only matters in those cases where you lag out, or if you want to try getting an attack in.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    @ 90 herc = ~22k pdef 17k mdef, golem = crappy in comparison. pumot is as strong as mobs my level lol. so not very impressive at all :|
  • LadyBastet - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    @ 90 herc = ~22k pdef 17k mdef, golem = crappy in comparison. pumot is as strong as mobs my level lol. so not very impressive at all :|

Maybe for someone your level but me and my golem being both 60 and defeated a level 100 elite. That is good in my books and I could care less what you think. I am proud of myself for accomplishing the task at defeating Pumot and thats all I care about.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Maybe for someone your level but me and my golem being both 60 and defeated a level 100 elite. That is good in my books and I could care less what you think. I am proud of myself for accomplishing the task at defeating Pumot and thats all I care about.

Hell yea!

**** the opinions of all others! Right on girl! She says **** you guys all!
    (Especially **** those Venos with Hercs!!!)
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
    edited June 2009
    Options
    fill yourself with pride then, there was a thread a few weeks back about 40-50 players killing those 100+ mobs np. he isnt any stronger than any of the mobs out there, theres no need to get on a high horse and parade like you did something so difficult, when its been done :P.
  • Nightfaii - Harshlands
    Nightfaii - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I got so sick of the golem that I traded it for a shaodu cub. It has a little less pdef, but alot more speed, hp, and mdef. Which makes it worth it. No more annoying huge pet. b:pleased

edit: its just harder to hold agro because of less attack, but it seems easier to control when agro is lost so i dont have to walk to pick up my loot <3 laziness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hell yea!

**** the opinions of all others! Right on girl! She says **** you guys all!
    (Especially **** those Venos with Hercs!!!)
    fill yourself with pride then, there was a thread a few weeks back about 40-50 players killing those 100+ mobs np. he isnt any stronger than any of the mobs out there, theres no need to get on a high horse and parade like you did something so difficult, when its been done :P.

I'm too full of myself = win b:victory
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

edited June 2009
    Options
    you are a strange strange man zeph
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    you are a strange strange man zeph

Same goes for you... don't you have self-egotism also?

• LadyBastet - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    So what if this has been done before. I have never done it so that is why I feel so proud of myself. I posted this to let everyone know that with a little patience and effort that certain things can be done and please do not flame me for something that I feel proud of doing. I just wanted to share it with everyone.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Same goes for you... don't you have self-egotism also?
    nay im narcissistic,

The term narcissism means love of oneself, and refers to the set of character traits concerned with self-admiration, self-centeredness and self-regard. The name was chosen by Sigmund Freud, from the Greek myth of Narcissus, who was doomed to fall in love with his own reflection in a pool of water.

egotistic: characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance
    conceited: characteristic of false pride; having an exaggerated sense of self-importance;
    Tending to talk excessively about oneself; Believing oneself to be better and more important than others

see there is a subtle difference, those who cant tell, well, idk what to say to em.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    nay im narcissistic,

The term narcissism means love of oneself, and refers to the set of character traits concerned with self-admiration, self-centeredness and self-regard. The name was chosen by Sigmund Freud, from the Greek myth of Narcissus, who was doomed to fall in love with his own reflection in a pool of water.

egotistic: characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance
    conceited: characteristic of false pride; having an exaggerated sense of self-importance;
    Tending to talk excessively about oneself; Believing oneself to be better and more important than others

see there is a subtle difference, those who cant tell, well, idk what to say to em.

Cool, your like Narcissus. Who just stared at the pond all his dam @i$#ing life.

Yea but, actions speaks more than words... Or on the forums... What you really mean behind those words account for more than the words itself.

If everything else fails... It never hurts to BS.

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I would say Torgins are just as good.They move faster btw anyway good jop.When your hps came down what was that from using metablic boost?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • LadyBastet - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I would say Torgins are just as good.They move faster btw anyway good jop.When your hps came down what was that from using metablic boost?

Yes I did do the switch with the HP/MP technique
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Dont let them anger you, most of the venos wouldnt even try without a herc or nix...not to say 40lvs below that mob b:cute
    b:dirty
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Kowlin does better in 1-1 and 1-2 solo mode at mid-60's. A friend who has both with all skills properly and expensively leveled tanks better with her kowin. lol
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

It isnt 150% the defense, its an *extra* 150% of the defense.
    ie 250% or the original defense.

Same for magic def.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    that's just pointless bickering. anytime you use a herc it'll buffed.
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol my mechcrab could prolly do that too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If everything else fails... It never hurts to BS.

+1 b:victory

@OP: Good job, glad you achieved what you set out to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Sooo... anyone wanna come punch Kun Kun with me?
  • Fyrah - Sanctuary
    Fyrah - Sanctuary Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol@kunkun.
    You've got to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got, and remember what you had. Always forgive, but never forget. Learn from mistakes, but never regret.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I wanna tame Pumot. D: Or Spotted Felis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry