Harshlands, opinions?

Icon - Harshlands
Icon - Harshlands Posts: 255 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Dawnglory (EU)
OMG a thread with meaning, no rage, no flaming.

Seriously, what do you think of this server?

My personal opinion, in Lost City I ran FBs all day, I met new amazing people daily constantly meeting people who are 70+ 80+ that I never knew existed. This server is repeatidively the same people over and over and alot of people who quit, is that a sign of a dead server?
Post edited by Icon - Harshlands on

Comments

• Aeneas - Harshlands
    Aeneas - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My personal opinion, in Lost City I ran FBs all day, I met new amazing people daily constantly meeting people who are 70+ 80+ that I never knew existed. This server is repeatidively the same people over and over and alot of people who quit, is that a sign of a dead server?

A lot of people got disappointed and bored by the obsessive focus on level 90 and nothing else before that by the majority of the server. It made faction politics dead, TW's a snore-fest, and was the opposite of what people looked for in a PvP server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Epic - Harshlands
    Epic - Harshlands Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It could be, but the server is still fairly new. The people who are high level now are those who spent an extended amount of time getting there first. IMO, give it some time to grow. There's still plenty of amazing people to meet, the main thing I really miss from LC was FB_HELP, which isn't the same here. :/
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the server is new, reason y u dont find so many ppl...but server is growingb:victory
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Icon - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    It could be, but the server is still fairly new. The people who are high level now are those who spent an extended amount of time getting there first. IMO, give it some time to grow. There's still plenty of amazing people to meet, the main thing I really miss from LC was FB_HELP, which isn't the same here. :/

I cant stand the fb help room here, I need Spirea to verbally battle.
  • Epic - Harshlands
    Epic - Harshlands Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I cant stand the fb help room here, I need Spirea to verbally battle.

Exactly, that's what made me feel at home the most on LC, the people in that channel. I've tried bringing it over here, but it's on working. ><
  • Seraphim - Harshlands
    Seraphim - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    u do know MMO's normally are played over months if not years.
    I think i see enough new ppl in the 50-60 regions when i do my WQ's.

For the 90+ i am sure its boring, thats the only reason i have some alts to keep up with the average of the guild.

But then again, we also have to wait what impact Aion will have on this server/PW version.
  • Nightfaii - Harshlands
    Nightfaii - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i hope aion is good b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowreign - Harshlands
    Shadowreign - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i hope aion is good b:dirty

It is good.....very good actually. I have a friend who was on the Aion team as a quality tester. In fact, it's on pre-sale now and is scheduled to be released in the US in September.
  • Crucifix - Harshlands
    Crucifix - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The server is dead and has BEEN dead in many regards,

I've noticed there aren't ANY new faces above 60, none that I've never seen before. Starting zones are dead as a door-nail, and most of all, it seems like everyday someone is lost off the radar, and probably quit the game.

Most people will argue it, this server doesn't have and will never have the fun benefits of the older servers, or the population.

TL;DR - We're doomed to the same people for months to come, better get used to the people you're around, because the chances of people popping up in levels and there being new faces is VERY slim.
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Unless QQme reforms at approaching its previous strength, Crimson has no chance against KD/Kylin. And Kylin is the weak-sister of the two, existing only on KD's sufferance.

In other words, KD will quickly, essentially, own the map.

To put it briefly, GG server. Game likely over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moon - Harshlands
    Moon - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I thinks HL so far is not to bad. Compared to LC i think the battles might turn out ok. Its just HL had a Steroid boost to early in the life of the server with the oracles boosting the power guilds to the top. So it makes the map the way it is and hard for small new guild/players to gain land. All in all the server is still new who knows what is to come? Only time will tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Icon - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Unless QQme reforms at approaching its previous strength, Crimson has no chance against KD/Kylin. And Kylin is the weak-sister of the two, existing only on KD's sufferance.

In other words, KD will quickly, essentially, own the map.

To put it briefly, GG server. Game likely over.

Irony Crimson and QQme made it that way. If they had not gave someone instable director, they would have killed KD and Kylin, got Crimson, GG server.
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Irony Crimson and QQme made it that way. If they had not gave someone instable director, they would have killed KD and Kylin, got Crimson, GG server.

Nobody in QQme was aiming for server wide-domination. That's pretty much the anti-thesis of what QQme's goal was. That's un-fun, and we just want to enjoy this server as long as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lamarcus - Harshlands
    Lamarcus - Harshlands Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    >.> if KD gets all land in this server i'll just create another KICK **** faction b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Teehee - Harshlands
    Teehee - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The server is dead and has BEEN dead in many regards,

I've noticed there aren't ANY new faces above 60, none that I've never seen before. Starting zones are dead as a door-nail, and most of all, it seems like everyday someone is lost off the radar, and probably quit the game.

Most people will argue it, this server doesn't have and will never have the fun benefits of the older servers, or the population.

TL;DR - We're doomed to the same people for months to come, better get used to the people you're around, because the chances of people popping up in levels and there being new faces is VERY slim.

Incest?b:shocked

lol, we are the amish community of PWI.
  • Anemone - Harshlands
    Anemone - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    To be honest, a lot of things went wrong with this server. A lot of things were wrong with LC as well, but because it was the only PvP server during that time, we all accepted it for what and how it was. Now more than half of HL will always compare HL to LC instead of relaxing and enjoying the server.

Anywho, as for things actually wrong with it? We all already know. Oracles and legendary pets sped up server progression quite noticeably, many guilds collapsed early on, the old Crim+KD alliance scared some people off, big guilds picked off the smaller ones instead of attacking each other (sound familiar?) while saying they didn't want another LC TW map, etc.

Tbh if you read this forum section, then read LC's.. LC looks like a community, no matter how ridiculous the egos mesh and nutty the inter-guild propaganda.. HL looks entirely different. It took that server a good long while to get to that point though, even with many closed beta interactions already in play.

If you want more people to join it again, make it look less like a craphole. Keep the forums interesting to read, keep the TW map surprising, and so on. Stop making new guilds everytime something pisses you off and join one of the small guilds that can't seem to recruit because everyone keeps joining the bigger ones / making their own constantly. Small guilds, merge together and form new powerhouses like the many guilds that lost their land in LC that went on to make GZ. This server is far from dead, but it will eventually die if no one does anything to prevent it.

PWI got some E3 notice this month, so it's entirely possible for HL to get a second wind of new players. Let's face it though, if everything they read about is negative, do you really think they're going to want to play in HL?
    Formerly /Haiku/ of Lost City.
    Still cognitive atrophy at its finest.
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Lack of population will kill the server.

Everything in Perfect World (Gigantic map, insane world bosses, etc) leans towards needing a certain amount of players to engage in.

This number increases by like 50% in a PvP server to keep it interesting as far as events and counter events.

Lack of population is a much worse ailment atm then anything else.
  • Nightfaii - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    I made a sig for this server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I made a sig for this server.

"Make the Spotted Felis tamable!"
  • Nightfaii - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    "Make the Spotted Felis tamable!"

sry i changed it right when you posted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well,

No new ppl around. Gold is too expensive making it nono friendly for new players. Who can make a cleric with gold being 200k and charms around 600k each? Or new players will lvl so damn slow that high lvl ones will get bored and quit before.
    Oracles+pets destroyed the server.

I dont think this server will go further :( its a shame though
  • Lethe - Harshlands
    Lethe - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Seriously.. what are you talking about? I see a healthy server with a good pop in the starter areas. Unless you made this thread to troll about server dying just to TRY to kill it, I have no idea.
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    sry i changed it right when you posted.

Mostly I think that the general enviroment for new players is not really that good.
    Cash Shop items are not really needed for playing this game, though you WILL need charms, and these are quite expensive for a normal player not that much hardcore.
    Even having a strong group of ppl to play with, getting money from them can be quite hard, plus cleric ie burn them like crazy.
    On the other hand many items are getting cheaper in order to acquire more gold from AH or CS items from players. Mirages are being sold at 33k when 3 weeks ago they were like 45k!
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Mirages are getting cheaper b/c ppl are starting to farm TT more.

Honestly it only seems lonely to the high lvls b/c they rushed their way to 90, you can't expect everyone to be able to play 30-40 hours/week. There's quite a lot of activity in the 40-60 range, and given maybe 2 more months they'll be in 7x to 8x range.

This game is free, so even people who claim to stop playing still log on for TW's, events, and such. This server is far from being dead, and I doubt even people leaving for Aion would kill it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Thc - Harshlands
    Thc - Harshlands Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    umm yyeah i dont see why you think its dead.. for the level 80+ areas, yes its pretty damn dead. but take a look at anglers village/orchid temple.. its crowded like hell, way more people than a month ago.
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    But will those lvl 30-60 be able to lvl up to 80? Considering the cost of gold? I find myself a bit overpriced the actual cost of gold.
    OFC this server is not as populated as LC, I just hope it keeps getting more ppl to have fun with, and more guilds.
    I dont see enough guilds around
  • Lamarcus - Harshlands
    Lamarcus - Harshlands Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Funny thing is when i logged in LC there wasn't that much people as it was when LC was young server. This server will survive, it got potential to be great, unless people will come to this forum, troll w/ their alts, and talk trash to everybody then it'll eventually die. If people just play the game for fun and not hate it would be so great.
  • Moon - Harshlands
    Moon - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    good night peeps.b:cute

luv u ll? b:laughb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thc - Harshlands
    Thc - Harshlands Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    But will those lvl 30-60 be able to lvl up to 80? Considering the cost of gold? I find myself a bit overpriced the actual cost of gold.
    OFC this server is not as populated as LC, I just hope it keeps getting more ppl to have fun with, and more guilds.
    I dont see enough guilds around

Yeah ithink thats one of the many reasons, but remember we are doing that ourselves.. GM should implent a limit for gold sell price, like 120k :P

also, i think the rpk on low lvls makes them quit too, what can u do as a lvl 30 if u have level 80s pking you constantly?
  • Snakedoctor - Harshlands
    Snakedoctor - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    RPK are you kidding me? There is like 10 people on this server that do it. You can go 2 weeks without even seeing one. LC had about 30 times the amount of PKers. Any level 30-80 can do just fine.

And Gold is not that expensive. When it gets to 2 mil for a charm then you can complain. It is about 100k more for a charm here then other servers. That is one hour of grinding.

I find the server more populated now then my first char on this server. I went through Tusk and i was alone for a week on it. Now i have to compete or party with the 10 people there doing quests all day. I think it is just young but will be fine over time. If all the high levels quit because they are bored, well that's their problem for being in such a rush to be the first for anything instead of just playing and enjoying the game for what it is