What skillls to lvl up?

MystiMonk - Sanctuary
MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Cleric
What skills to lvl up as I have a lot of spirit atm.

My Ironheart is at 8
PlumeShot is at 8
Great Cyclone is at 7
Well Spring Surge is at 3
Revive is at 1
Vanguard Spirit is at 10
Magic Shell is at 10
Spirit's Gift is at 7
Chromantic Heam Beam lvl 1
Celestial Guadian Seal 8
Wield Thunder lvl1

I am mostly working on Celestial Guardian Seal,Plume Shot,Ironheart Blessing to get them to 10.I can now get Stream of Rejuvenation or is that wise choice.What would you lvl up?
Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
Post edited by MystiMonk - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think there are a lot of threads on this...

Most go with plume, cyclone, ironheart.

I would suggest upgrading spirit's gift instead of hp/mp buff (I think this one costs way too much... & not even worth it...), but that's me.

I find wellspring much more useful than rejuvenation (mines at 1)... the cast is sooo long that I have time to throw a few wellsprings (maybe get it to 5 or smth, that will be enough + it's pretty cheap as I recall).

Don't bother with chromatic healing beam, I still have 1 & never even needed more, unless he entire party would be a bunch of hp-fatso barbs.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    as kott said,

max Plume, Cyclone and iron heart

then

you can get the group for magic and phy resists ( only if your are regularly grouped)

contrary to Kott, i like stream a lot, and the ppl i heal likes it too (when you know when to use it in aoe on your friends or yourself.. longer than IH but more hp recovered too )

you can level revive too, ppl will be gratefull ;)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Stream of rejuvenation is a great skill in many occasions, just it costs way to much mp....lv1 is great and youll be happy ;p
    b:dirty
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    yea max revive
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lavinia_may - Heavens Tear
    Lavinia_may - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I find wellspring incredibly handy in emergencies, Ironheart of course is priority, but if you need to throw someone a quick instant heal Wellspring can be a real life saver.
    For example if targets health is down to say, 25% (and in this case if you use Ironheart by the time it kicks in it's often too late b:cry) I would instead:
    Wellspring > Ironheart > Ironheart

Chromatic Healing Beam is really useful for healing entire group after any nasty aoe or if mulitiple members of the group are taking alot of damage (and obviously later you get blue ball for the serious aoeing bosses). In my opinion it's great in fb's and TT, though it takes a while to get used to the slow cast time....

Wield Thunder is awesome, especially handy as an opening skill while grinding. For example:
    Wield Thunder > Great Cyclone > Plume Shot > Great Cyclone

Although don't be in a hurry to max....it gets very expensive b:shocked

Revive = Lots of new friends b:laugh

Just my opinion of course :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    my wellspring is lvl 9 and its realy handy its a fast spell(more or less) and heals half my hp lol (yea i ahve litle hp>_>)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What skills to lvl up as I have a lot of spirit atm.

My Ironheart is at 8
    PlumeShot is at 8
    Great Cyclone is at 7
    Well Spring Surge is at 3

Revive is at 1
    Wield Thunder lvl1

Vanguard Spirit is at 10
    Magic Shell is at 10
    Spirit's Gift is at 7

Celestial Guadian Seal 8

Chromantic Heam Beam lvl 1

I am mostly working on Celestial Guardian Seal,Plume Shot,Ironheart Blessing to get them to 10.I can now get Stream of Rejuvenation or is that wise choice.What would you lvl up?

These: Essential

These: Secondary, although Revive at level 10 is great to have.

These: You do not need to have the squad settings, Level 10 is great, I would hold off till you have the others maxed if you need to save some spirit for the essentials.

I would however recommend you getting Spirit's Gift to level 10 (it gives, at level 10, an increase in the target's weapon magic attack bonus by 70% for 30 minutes).

And Celestial Guardian's Seal is kinda eh, just make sure IF you use this, the person is not on a powder, although they should be the one to let you know. Also, I literally only use the squad buffs in a squad. IF someone randomly asks for buffs, I give them the level 10, unless they specifically ask for the 1 hours squad.

This: This can wait, level one is adequate for a good while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I honestly waited to level revive til 59 (with the 250-260k or so SP) I didn't need it before then for what I do in the game.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    These: Essential

These: Secondary, although Revive at level 10 is great to have.

These: You do not need to have the squad settings, Level 10 is great, I would hold off till you have the others maxed if you need to save some spirit for the essentials.

I would however recommend you getting Spirit's Gift to level 10 (it gives, at level 10, an increase in the target's weapon magic attack bonus by 70% for 30 minutes).

And Celestial Guardian's Seal is kinda eh, just make sure IF you use this, the person is not on a powder, although they should be the one to let you know. Also, I literally only use the squad buffs in a squad. IF someone randomly asks for buffs, I give them the level 10, unless they specifically ask for the 1 hours squad.

This: This can wait, level one is adequate for a good while.

Thanks Rose I got Great Cyclone to 8.Well Spring Surge to 5 and Revive up to 5.I need some more coin now and some more spirit.I will keep this as my do list.Thanks to the rest.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    yea max revive
    I'm actually kind of sorry I maxed rev.... I get called across the map all day long to rev people... Cleric abuse!@b:cry Get scrolls & GAs people!
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm actually kind of sorry I maxed rev.... I get called across the map all day long to rev people... Cleric abuse!@b:cry Get scrolls & GAs people!

In your case, Clerics seem to be like blonds, they HAVE TO learn to say "NO" <.<;
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    In your case, Clerics seem to be like blonds, they HAVE TO learn to say "NO" <.<;

i agree on that >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Afterlyfe - Dreamweaver
    Afterlyfe - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    time = money

get them to pay u for ur trip because they'r wasting ur timeb:laugh
    and also ur helping them get back some of ur expb:victory
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Mystimonk.. you get like 1 level per month?
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Mystimonk.. you get like 1 level per month?

What do you mean by that char lvl or skill lvl?
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ok not to be rude but why is your revive at lvl 1!!!!!!!!! i lvl mine every time its time too, mines at lvl 8, just lvled it today. and chromantic isnt really needed, unless u plan to do rebirth orders untill lvl 60ish
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ok not to be rude but why is your revive at lvl 1!!!!!!!!! i lvl mine every time its time too, mines at lvl 8, just lvled it today. and chromantic isnt really needed, unless u plan to do rebirth orders untill lvl 60ish

You don't need your revive maxed pretty much before 64+, as you will end mostly solo till 65+ (all group activities will be regulated by a higher cleric in your FBs, and pretty much you can regrind any XP loss before 70). After 65 you get into the TT fever, where you forsake everything you have been told about FAC/FSC "builds" and become what you truly are, a "Cleric" ;>.>

Also, another reason why waiting for 64+ is that you start to get a major flow in of Spirit, which you "tried" to save up and upgrade "more important skills"; this is the time where you get even on lowish and highish skills...
  • DukesCleric - Sanctuary
    DukesCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    max plume and ur healin spells cause those r the most important skills. get cyclone up to lvl 1 or 2 but dont max it. i found cyclone doesnt do as much damaged maxed as plume does maxed. the third attack (i forgot what its called) doesnt do alot of damage at
  • DukesCleric - Sanctuary
    DukesCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    first. (srry for the 2 messages)
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    max plume and ur healin spells cause those r the most important skills. get cyclone up to lvl 1 or 2 but dont max it. i found cyclone doesnt do as much damaged maxed as plume does maxed. the third attack (i forgot what its called) doesnt do alot of damage at

.......Cyclone does more dmg later on with metal mastery...and its essential if you kite psy mobs on lower levels, not to say it does wonders on wood mobs. b:bye
  • Cyntar - Sanctuary
    Cyntar - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My other character is a cleric. I missed getting my revive skill at lvl 10. Does this mean I can't get it or do must I wait until lvl 24 to get it?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    My other character is a cleric. I missed getting my revive skill at lvl 10. Does this mean I can't get it or do must I wait until lvl 24 to get it?

you get it on lv19 O_o
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009

ok sory .. no wait im NOT sory... UR CRAZY not to max cyclone o.O?u are CRAZYb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Just max every single skill you use.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Cyntar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    you get it on lv19 O_o

Okay, but I am now a lvl 20 and don't have Revive. It says the next lvl is 24. Can I get it then?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Okay, but I am now a lvl 20 and don't have Revive. It says the next lvl is 24. Can I get it then?

Did you do your Spiritual Cultivation quest? If not, then thats your problem, you need Spiritual Cultivation for every new set of skills...if you do that you can get revive and you wont have to wait till lv24 to get it to lv1 then ;p
  • Cyntar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Did you do your Spiritual Cultivation quest? If not, then thats your problem, you need Spiritual Cultivation for every new set of skills...if you do that you can get revive and you wont have to wait till lv24 to get it to lv1 then ;p

U were right. I hadn't done the quest. I have Revive now and am loving it. Thanx for all the help.
  • ButtHurt - Lost City
    ButtHurt - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    max all buffs, attack skills(beside thunderball) and especially ironheart