Forgotten Frostlands (FF) Squad mode

Thraxx - Heavens Tear
Thraxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
ok i hit lvl75 and can finally do FF...WOOT!!

but all i hear is horror stories about how hard it is and any thread thats opened is quickly closed with no more useful information even when people have said they will post more later. b:cry

i would first like to say that even though you may say its impossible or improbable that it can be done...im still gonna try b:victory

so down to business...id like to know ANY useful info (not that its hard) so my team and i can go in at least somewhat prepared.
i have tried google to find guides but found nothing b:cry so if you can post links to any that would be much appreciated

lastly... wish me luck b:surrender
(going to bed now though so sorry if i dont reply til tomorrow)
My alarm tried to wake me this morning,Things escalated and now my alarms broken and im awake. . . Not quite sure who won . . . .
Post edited by Thraxx - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    found this map if its any help to other future adventurers b:victory

http://forum.ejongebloed.nl/viewtopic.php?f=57&p=15022

and this 1...

http://ollien.free.fr/BD/frostcovered.jpg
    My alarm tried to wake me this morning,Things escalated and now my alarms broken and im awake. . . Not quite sure who won . . . .
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Frostcovered Lands is not particularly bad in solo mode.

Squad mode, however... have you ever been in twilight temple and fought bosses where even with 3k hp before buffs damage dealers need a cleric using her blue bubble so they can avoid death from area of effect attacks? Well... imagine a place where you had to fight your way through dozens and dozens of non-boss monsters which all do high damage AoE attacks, with something like 40m+ radius. And you have to lure them one by one so they do not all gang up on you. And ... oh... go and find out for yourself! You will have... fun?

err.. ok so i asked for any useful info other than its too hard and wont be able to do it :3
    i respect that this is a forum open to peoples oppinions but what is the point in this reply? o.o i already knew its gonna be hard...
    just incase you were really asking if i have been in that situation in TT - yah i have...but who hasnt?
    i do find it fun and so does the squad im in..to go into a dungeon and face the challenges in there. we enjoy working as a team to get through each boss and mob alive and in the process probably learn a few things too.

although now i know about the aoe thing ima guess we gonna be buying a few charm packs and hope like crazy the clerics can keep heals up.

so...anyone want to try with some HELPFUL info? b:sad
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Not useful information, but...judging on how everything else that everyone claimed was so ridiculously hard and almost impossible without outleveling it by 20 levels....and then experiencing it myself and realizing how simple it was. I'd say this is another one of those exaggerations. I'll be this place is just as easy as HH, it might just take longer.
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Not useful information, but...judging on how everything else that everyone claimed was so ridiculously hard and almost impossible without outleveling it by 20 levels....and then experiencing it myself and realizing how simple it was. I'd say this is another one of those exaggerations. I'll be this place is just as easy as HH, it might just take longer.

i have been thinking that myself...i try asking ingame and all i get is people say they were told its impossible. yet they have never tried themselves, nor have the people that told them...
    i only met 1 person that has - and they gave up cos they started at like midnight... but he said its do-able b:victory
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    b:laugh bump - cos i really need good info
  • Viprae - Sanctuary
    Viprae - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    so down to business...id like to know ANY useful info (not that its hard) so my team and i can go in at least somewhat prepared.
    i have tried google to find guides but found nothing b:cry so if you can post links to any that would be much appreciated

Ideal squad is 2 clerics 1 blademaster 1 venomancer 1 barbarian and 1 archer.
    Bm must be able to stunlock well if you want to save on charm costs. Archer for it's ability to also stun, freeze opponents trying to escape, and tanking Wu's(Decent def wizard can tank Wu too) sharpened tooth helps lower miniboss/boss hp. Venomancer for constant luring, barbarian for tanking above average bosses, clerics to keep said barbarian alive since you can't always use bubble. Also helps if barbarian/other members have remove stun or stun prevention genie skills.

And, squad of about level 90ish with decent but not above average gear takes around 4-6 hours to get to 5th boss even with the guide.(Originally 9 hours on our very first run) ^^

6 threads below yours is the guide I posted. :P

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=306842
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    we did it at lvl 78, worked well, but took forever, when people say every mob aoes, not true, some don't but its rare, your best bet is to have a good veno, 2 clerics and a barb. barbs need to tank dmg from the bears and magmite things, we found it worked best to have both clerics healing a dd, one heals veno other heals tank which normally worked, for the elemento glacix, veno tanks those without pet skills on, while clerics heal, they do around 1k a shot, so if you have a veno and a wiz or archer, can have both hit, they do have aoes (this place makes a barb feel useless lol)
    aside from the aoes everywhere, if you know what each thing does, you can do it in 6 hours or so, it does take a lot of time. also side note, the bears in there SUCK, heavy physical dmg, kills clerics quick, have cleric healing cleric healing tank, that worked best for us
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    =D ty to both of you - sorry for the late reply though...ive been at work all night xD

i had a look at your guide Viprae...would you mind if i used it in my guilds forums (credit to you ofc) b:victory

looks like its gonna have to be a weekend thing after hearing bout it xD
  • Viprae - Sanctuary
    Viprae - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    =D ty to both of you - sorry for the late reply though...ive been at work all night xD

i had a look at your guide Viprae...would you mind if i used it in my guilds forums (credit to you ofc) b:victory

looks like its gonna have to be a weekend thing after hearing bout it xD

It's posted on public for the public to use. :P
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    It's posted on public for the public to use. :P

lolz so is a lot of information but i still prefer to get permission first b:chuckle

hopefully this weekend ill be able to get my curvades quest finished...then next weekend im off work for a week, plenty of time to FF =D
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    just be sure to do Frost 3-4 times in solo mode to have all curvades.
    ( so time your time right )

you can do solo mode up to 4 ppl (permits to avance quickly)

Each ppl 75+ can open solo mode for free once a day ;) so ...

and GL in squad mode ;)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Waittilli - Lost City
    Waittilli - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    can you open squad mode with 1 person over lvl 70 done with quest and everyone else under level 70? or do all 4 ppl in the squad have to be over level 70?
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    can you open squad mode with 1 person over lvl 70 done with quest and everyone else under level 70? or do all 4 ppl in the squad have to be over level 70?

everyone i have asked has said you have to have all 75+ to open but they never tried with anyone lower
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i did try with ppl under 75 , and you dont have the option for squad mode..

all ppl needs to be 75+, and the leader needs to have done the curvade quest.

otherwise in solo mode, whatever the level works.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Kawayuki - Heavens Tear
    Kawayuki - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    well i saw one thing :D if veno dont use agro skills (pet skills at all like bash or other) and tank dont use agro skill like everyone wont use skills that use chi mostly (abopt chi skills not sure), mobs wont do aoe :D

but i am pretty sure if u go at them without pet skills and barb not using agro skills they wont aoe
  • Thuundaar - Sanctuary
    Thuundaar - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    it is very possible to complete frost i have talked with a few who have u will need 2 clerics atleast lvl 83+2 barbs or dd either and a veno if barbs cant pull with genie skil exrreme pioson.all mobs need to be pulled one at a time.and most of all.all players in squad need high hp or atleats be lvl 83+ the aoe is ruff and the damage high from the mobs true.how ever with this squad and atleast 2 or threes hours on ur hands.it can be acomplished hope this helps a friend to all thuundaar
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    First boss hits like a truck and either curses or debuffs, im not sure. You will need at least 2 clerics, and a well geared level 85 barb minimum.

Many of the trash mobs before the first boss do fairly powerful aoe spells, and at your level you are probably going to be dying a lot, unless you have some pretty amazing gear with health shards in it, and probably a lot of points in vit (which is a bad idea)

Even if you were to succeed and farm enough stuff to make a weapon, I think the minimum level for them all is 85.

And finally, each run you are going to need to make the equivelant of an ultimate substance, but with the highest level mats which only drop in heaven/hell and need a level 89+ who has done the culti quest.

Sorry but the best advice I can give is level up some more before you waste your time and everyone elses. Stick to TT and farm stuff for your level 80 weapon. I know thats not what you want to hear, but lots of other people read these forums and they deserve to know the truth.
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I tagged along for a run, I was 64 @ the time.
    I went more for the experience of doing it than for actual rewards.
    (A.K.A. Bored of Grinding)
    It was fun to do an outing with my Faction mates as well.

I recommend 1 or 2 ppl have additional Mats on hand as the drops are random and you may find yourself short.

With that said, couldn't someone Port out and buy the mats if needed and run back to the action?

Why I ask...
    We had a flying archer that was being a pain, so I used my ranged pet to hit him, I figured another character or their Herc would retake Aggro as long as I didn't attack. Nope. He killed my pet then me in very short order. No biggie, 'cept no cleric. Props to Cupie Dolls...
    So I "went to town" and ran back. On my way I noticed CatShops in town sellin' the Mats... Not sure if they were the right Mats, but if they were that would work right?
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    We got tired after 6-7hrs in the place squad mode, so we decided to afk there where it was safe, and all took a break nap. Turns out the mobs respawned after a time and punted us all back to snowy village =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Currently I am a lvl 88 BM, I have done Frostcovered Squad mode a couple different times. The squad make up that was used was 2 clerics, a barb, a veno, an archer, and myself, and the second time there was a second BM rather than an archer. The first set of Wu's are easily bypassed if you quickly run under them. The clerics tanked all of the ranged magic mobs since they run all over the place if stunned or melee'd, which renders BM useless against them. In the hallways with the dozens of AoE magic mobs, the second BM ran in, using apoc pots, stunned and dragons and the clerics followed with tempest. All the mobs dropped in 2-3 hits. We managed to get to the little girl all the way by the crystal door at the end and proceded to head back to the entrance when we lost our barb. The veno did very little luring and the barb did very little tanking, he only tanked the bosses. Also, the mob count for the quests in there doesn't count until you have reached the little girl and start heading back. I have yet to get to the other side of the crystal door.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • xdudux
    xdudux Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hi all,
    I'm lv85 veno with Herc. Did solo run in there, My Q is wat drop we can get frome bosses there, bcauce i soloed 3 times no mat drop just fragments ans Es.. Is that nomall or just min bad luckb:cry. take a litte time tolke about drops there plz. thx.