Noob-Can we cuddle or pet our own Pet??

CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver
CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Venomancer
Hello, I'm on day 2 of the wonderful PW and I have a level 2 sabertooth wolf (prob spelling it wrong). I love him and think having a pet is great!!

I'm wondering if we can cuddle/embrace/pet our own pets to increase their loyalty or something to that effect? I can see we can do it to other people, that is hug them but what about our animals?

Our pets are permanently ours right?

Also, I don't see any particular action when I feed my pet his water, I don't see any words come up as 'feeding him' but I can see that I have because when I click it again, it says 'in cooldown' A bit confusing and I wish it confirmed it.

Thanks for being patient with me, I will of course look at the help guides but didn't see anything yet that mentions being affectionate to our pets to increase their loyalty.
Post edited by CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SilentFlame - Harshlands
    SilentFlame - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    only way to increase it's loyalty is by feeding it, you can't embrace your own pet

how weird would it be for a veno to embrace a huge magnite?
  • CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    only way to increase it's loyalty is by feeding it, you can't embrace your own pet

I don't think it's weird at all if I could hug my wolf. I think it would be cute. As for large animals, yeah it would be strange lol.

Thanks for the answer b:thanks
  • SilentFlame - Harshlands
    SilentFlame - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I don't think it's weird at all if I could hug my wolf. I think it would be cute. As for large animals, yeah it would be strange lol.

Thanks for the answer b:thanks

lol cuddle a bee! (petite sawfly)
    edited June 2009
    speaking of which I find it enough to take care of 1 pet, dont know how someone would have multiple pets. I was lucky enough to find TWO Pet eggs just sitting on the ground near the pet trainer!! I quickly picked them up! level 9 riding wolf and some other level 15 pet. I think I will give them to my friends who are gonna finally join me in PW
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    speaking of which I find it enough to take care of 1 pet, dont know how someone would have multiple pets. I was lucky enough to find TWO Pet eggs just sitting on the ground near the pet trainer!! I quickly picked them up! level 9 riding wolf and some other level 15 pet. I think I will give them to my friends who are gonna finally join me in PW

I regularly use 6 pets.. and have a few extra as spares... all leveled up to 77 except one that is only 67... mmmmm I guess I like my pets
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • leskald
    leskald Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    1) Classes other than Venoamcer can not use pets (except non-battle rare pets from high lvl quests and $$ shop).

2) at lvl 17 it would be clever to go to City of humans and head North and a bit east from there to arrive to Timberwood and Tame (you will get Tame Skill after lvl 7 special quest - don't miss it!) Cristalline Magmite (You will love this pet and use it until end of your days! (Huge stone golem having great dmg, hp and def can take care of you the best of all (maybe except Hercules)).

3) Buy some oil from pet skill trainer and feed it to your pet until it's loyalty will be 999/999 it is good to have such a loyal pet as it's damage is 120% of normal then and it's exp is 150% of normal.

4) Keep your pet full, when You have your pet active there will be pet icon on the left side of screen, when it turns green feed your pet with a water (the cheapest one). It is good to put your water under some F button (i use F7 as F8 is teleport) to use it quick and without problems.

5) Have a good fun with Veno as it is great class! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "W życiu chodzi o to, by być trochę niemożliwym."
    (Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde)
    edited June 2009
    Thank you so much for your advice! I will look for that Magmite when I'm level 17, I think I have seen it. It's gigantic I believe?

I tamed some of those pink cat things, 2 bobcats and I was successful. They faded away and i don't see them on my pet list. I was in the human city etherblade. I am not level 20 but level 10. When will I get to call of my other pet besides my wolf pet?

I love being a veno and I love having pets!
  • leskald
    leskald Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Tamed pet is turned into an egg. You have to go to Pet Skill Trainer in order to hatch the eggs. Therefore there is really no point in catching few the same pets, and/or catching any pets between first wolf and cristalline magmite (maybe excpept petite sawfly).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "W życiu chodzi o to, by być trochę niemożliwym."
    (Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde)
  • Wynve - Dreamweaver
    Wynve - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2009

http://hitana.deviantart.com/art/Perfect-World-99550192

...How's that work for ya? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Wow good linkWynve and I see you use the same server as me. I look forward to seeing more of this PW art.

I'm nearing closer to level 14 then I will use my bloodthirsty adawolf at last then level 17 my magmite! I want a volcanic Magmite though, someone got one in the city of the lost for only 1,000 Some sell them for so much more.

What level is volcanic Magmite?
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    volcanic magmite is lvl 18..though the stats are little less then the crystalline (lvl17).
    Dont buy em..just catch your magmite or ask a friend veno...
  • Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I dont recomend the golems (magmites) unless your doing constant bosses and etc, because of the size and the speed, it's not nesscairly the best pet for grinding.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You just need to make sure your golem is wearing running shoes.. duh.

I find the golem great for grinding, since I can ship him around hitting mobs as I AOE them :) And since he is not a sprinter, the mobs tend to stay nicely bunched up.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.