Dex build Axe BM

2»

Comments

• Saffon - Dreamweaver
    Saffon - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Even if you use Mirage Scimitar's effect, getting double physical attack (yes, it is NOT double damage) for the price of getting a lot more damage from opponents (50% more) will just increase your chances to get killed much faster (specially running a low VIT build).

This is what I was hoping for in an answer.
    The second problem is that using Calamity Axes of Blood at level 99 is a joke, they won't be dealing any good damage, even if you Crit+Berserker. The damage without Crit+Berserker will be just something to laugh at.

For a n00b full of hope, I still think I can over come this as I will only weild the axe when I do AoEs, otherwise, I'd be holding my 1-hand blade.

In AoEs, since each target in range has a chance to be critted, even with a 40% crit chance, 4 out of 10 people in range will get decent damage, so I am ok with that.
    As you said, your build will be based on having enough STR to use XS which is 212, the problem now is that you're talking about using this combo at level 99, which means you will be using higher grade armors and level 90 ones need 227 STR to be used, while level 99 armors need 250 STR. That means you will be forced to have higher STR.

That's why I was looking at wearing LA with Pdef shards.

Well, please don't look at me like an ignorant n00b who loves to argue, I honestly appreciate the feedback as they help me refine my idea. I'll give it a try, worst case scenario, restat back to a normal build at the end if it doesn't work, I'd rather take it to the end, then give up; rather than giving up half way and keep wondering every day what it would have been.

I could end up being the only 'Rogue' in PWI b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My in-game experience has not borne this out. Sycke completely destroys me (+5 gx iirc) while szaku_cy is a joke and can't kill me (+7 firelotus). Assuming base stat point distribution is the same (for simplicities sake), I think the DoT might be the same, but spike dmg would be different:

gx: 582-1358 (.83/sec) dps - 805.1

lotus: 494 - 918 (1.11/sec) dps: 783.66

This might as well be identical overall, but there are other things to consider... I will need to hit more with the lotus, so I have to repair it more. I can't aoe that well. Also, in hitting more, I proc more, losing more life and burning more heiro.

Main thing is it only counts base weapon damage, no refines or gems. With higher atk speed weapons, they get their DPS boost from refines and non-weapon sources. 1.11/.83 = about 34% more effect from your rings, lvl, refinements, and any phys attk boosts (atk add, gems,etc.)

So DPS will be higher for lotus than for GX on same set builds. Though that is also just counting auto-attack. Would need more in-depth analysis for skill use.