Which of these

Unrivaled - Harshlands
Unrivaled - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Venomancer
Which should I keep as my main pet?

My best pets ATM are Petite Sawfly, Volcanic Magnite, and Shaodu Cub.

What would be the best pet for me to keep lvling?

I kinda don't like magnite because EVERYONE has it but it's still good and I might keep lvling it

I also only have 2 pet slots so I can't have them all at once

If there's any other pet that's better than these 3 (exept nix and herc) please say so here

Thanks in advance b:thanks
Post edited by Unrivaled - Harshlands on

Comments

• Xelea - Heavens Tear
    Xelea - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the crystal magmite is one of the best tanks there is... thats what i use and i love him, but out of the pets u listed the volcanic wuld be the best tank out of them. so i say ur magmite.
  • Unrivaled - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    thanks, i might stick with magnite
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Shadou cub and sawfly. Magmite needs to go and sit in bank till you can farm some hay for expansion. Shadou actually ends up being a bit better than magmite against stuff that are both magic and melee, magmite has low mdef, and is also harder to work with.

Could even bank sawfly until you get some flying quests at level 31, but it is probably a good idea to keep it leveled.
  • Sleekit - Heavens Tear
    Sleekit - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The cub and the bee.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'd say work on getting that extra pet slot so you can keep all three. Save up 60k-80k Get one Hay (buy it, get it off a mob, steal it, whatever), and set up a cat shop in Silver Pool or the West Archo entrance offering to buy 19 more. You should get 20 within a few hours or overnight.

The golem will serve you better overall (it does a lot of damage to supplement your spells, the cub does not). Its main drawback used to be that it blocked your vision, but that's mostly been eliminated with the extended zoom range. That said, the cub is nice to have in reserve for magical mobs. The cub starts to become problematic around your 50s because it can't hold aggro anymore. I had to give mine Bash and use both Bash and Flesh Ream to hold aggro. The golem stays effective with its default skills (upgraded) pretty much to the end of the game.
  • Unrivaled - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    thanks, that was actually what i wanted to hear, i actually like shaodu cub better but i kept wondering wether magnite was better

also magnite has low magic defense and i wanted 1 good pet not 1 for magic and 1 for phys

thanks every1
  • Unrivaled - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    I'd say work on getting that extra pet slot so you can keep all three. Save up 60k-80k Get one Hay (buy it, get it off a mob, steal it, whatever), and set up a cat shop in Silver Pool or the West Archo entrance offering to buy 19 more. You should get 20 within a few hours or overnight.

The golem will serve you better overall (it does a lot of damage to supplement your spells, the cub does not). Its main drawback used to be that it blocked your vision, but that's mostly been eliminated with the extended zoom range. That said, the cub is nice to have in reserve for magical mobs. The cub starts to become problematic around your 50s because it can't hold aggro anymore. I had to give mine Bash and use both Bash and Flesh Ream to hold aggro. The golem stays effective with its default skills (upgraded) pretty much to the end of the game.

really? b:sad
  • Unrivaled - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    no1 knows which is better to keep as main pet? magnite or shaodu cub?
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I used a cub as my only land pet till my 70s in group settings if you want it to keep agro you will need to teach it bash. Even then Archers who dont control their agro will steal agro from you. It is a very good defensive pet little low on the attack, but at least you can see over it. I still use it for pulling, but everyone is sad when it dies pulling because it is just so cute lol.
  • Unrivaled - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    I used a cub as my only land pet till my 70s in group settings if you want it to keep agro you will need to teach it bash. Even then Archers who dont control their agro will steal agro from you. It is a very good defensive pet little low on the attack, but at least you can see over it. I still use it for pulling, but everyone is sad when it dies pulling because it is just so cute lol.

aw lmao

i think i'll have sawfly, cub, and some water pet

now i just need 20 hay for 1 more slot >.<