bump here if ur lag or dc alot during the patch 141

Options
Xdmghyper - Lost City
Xdmghyper - Lost City Posts: 207 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Support Desk
i freaky havent been able to grind for 2 weeks coz everytime i log on i dc and lag every few mins wtf is going on here?! 2 weeks and no fix to this?! ive been spending like $800 on this game already such a let down b:angry

IM GONNA QUIT IF THIS CONTINUES ON AFTER NEXT PATCH b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
Post edited by Xdmghyper - Lost City on

Comments

• Xdmghyper - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    bump ! bump ! bump ! b:cry
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I Cant Believe No One Else Have Connetion Problems Recently !!!
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Nope... Actually I get dc less now.....

Lag is the same...

b:question... yuppers b:cool

P.S. Your way too hyper
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Ruby - Harshlands
    Ruby - Harshlands Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol yea d/c too much b:cry
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I lag about the same, but I haven't dc'ed in recent memory while I used to dc once or twice a day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Susaku - Heavens Tear
    Susaku - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I been D/C alot to but not only D/C But also game crashes to 2 memory leak or virtual memory
    b:angryb:angryb:cryb:cry
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I got dced few times a week or two ago.I can't see how you paid $800 dallars for this game unless you sell gold in AH to make coin instead of farming it.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Aside from some occasional lag (there was a bad spike of it yesterday for a bit) I don't seem to be getting most of the connection troubles other people have been having.. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i DC about once a day at the MAX, lag is the same...
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • d0pey
    d0pey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    bump. still dc-s when i'm afking in catshop-___- only difference is it can 'sit' longer now after the latest patch lmao.
    To act is to live.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    if i am playing the game constant (e.g questing/grinding) i wont dc for a good few hours

if i set up a shop however, i cannot last longer than 40 mins

weird...

• StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Bump.
    'nuff said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Far more frequent d/c lately as well as dreadful lag, even in quiet areas.
  • _Sharess_ - Heavens Tear
    _Sharess_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I only d/c when I over stress my PC from multitasking. But that more of a PC wide crash, not a d/c. ICP programs getting over zealous again. Time to send in the TRON program to sort things out...

Edit: Do you have to be able to spel rightly to git into inrage? >_<
  • DraukaGrissa - Sanctuary
    DraukaGrissa - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    dc while in cat shop mode for the most part & LOTS of lag (bump!)
    [SIGPIC]pwForumSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]

ʘ Lv 57 Veno w/Herc (alt)

"The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has limits" ~ Albert Einstein

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    no lag today...not even in west arch! =O
    BUMP!

• Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    A couple things which have helped me, especially the overnight DC in catshop:

-Upgrade your video card driver.

-Make sure your video card settings are at their defaults (nothing is shut off, like anti aliasing and stuff. whatever the settings were before leave em there)

-also found that with higher end systems who run max graphics have troubles with memory leaks. My friend played around and decreased the OPTIMIZE setting and used the individual settings to increase the visuals, seem to work for him.

Other then verifying game files and reinstalling the game theres not much more we can do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    it seems the network-fairies have come to make the game unplayable for me today since I didn't have any major problems. :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • FavoleRynn - Lost City
    FavoleRynn - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I d/c anywhere between 2-8 times a day, but I don't let it bother me. I have no lag while running PWI in full detail, so I don't let the disconnects get to me. I don't think it's a patch issue; I think it may be wireless router/cable issues. Depending on the power of your router, it could disconnect you often. However, if you want to solve this issue, use an ethernet cable running from your router to your computer. Keeps me in PWI without dc-ing or lagging.

The dc from PWI while in cat shop is more than likely due to the server becoming bogged down. In Shaiya, I could get disconnected five times in ten minutes due to servers overloading. They usually kick people who aren't doing anything, so try and keep mobile.

Then again, I have been booted while attacking things (not good, mind you, you respawn in a field of aggro....), so maybe the AFK may not be a contributing issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Favole Rynn: That Leader
    Solemn_Epek's Wife
    Nix acquired at level 38
    Herc acquired at level 41
    X-mas blessing attained at level 39

Summary: I have 72 levels to go until game completed.

betrayedanguish.deviantart.com
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I only d/c when the memory leak eats my computer for lunch, usually in West Arch which I blame on Genies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shazyousuckbot
    shazyousuckbot Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yup were about ready to leave for another game "waiting for open beta" cos of all these new crashes and dc's and general lag.

Im on a quad-core and a 800 dollar video card. I should not have a spec of lag! nor do I on any other game I have on my pc save this one perfectworld.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Well lag's and dc's may have a lot to do with the internet connections not the graphics of course. Seems like lot's of people have been having problems with this so I'm guessing it's not just the genies. Although they do create a huge problem when everyone afk's with them in the city along with any other animated thing on. Game Developer's really need to think about making a loading area for shopping just for the cats, since it lags even before the genies came about. However you should be able to shut of people in town and i think the catshops go with this. As far as lag and dc's out in non overpopulated area's then it may not be your computer. As said in another thread the company that PWI uses for their ISP has been known to be crappy for other games they have hosted.

If you have spent over 800$ in game it would be sad just to waste it. Your best option is too submit a ticket and let the GM's make sure there is nothing on your end, and may also alert you to any problems they are having on their part. Player's that are having major lag and dc issues make sure to do the same. I'm sure an overwhelming amount of dc issues will catch their attention. I do think over wide pwi has about 600,000 players but if only a small percentage of these people are dcing there isn't much they will do.
  • epherine
    epherine Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I don't get disconnects other than the ones that happened spontaneously at night from PW's ISP. As for lag, my framerate dropped somewhat after the genie patch, and I too suffer from the memory leak in West Archosaur. It has little to do with pc specs on my end, since I can turn every setting down to the minimum and it still happens until PW crashes. Not to mention my hardware is capable of running high end games well.

Just to say it? $800 is insane for a non-p2p game. Or any game for that matter.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It is difficult for us to help you with your issues you you all don't send us your system info.

90%-ish of users reporting similar issues to this thread have something amiss with their hardware, or network.

You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.