Tw 05/06/09-07/06/09

Options
Inias - Heavens Tear
Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Etherblade (West)
so because i saw no other topics about this weeks TW's and there is no hisui predictions b:sad i just made this topic for ppl to give their thoughts and comments about this weeks TW's

i personnaly wassurprised that tao didn't take city of lost , they have the high lvl's ..

im guessing on a small mistake made in strategy or miscomunication?
thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Inias - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Huli_Man - Heavens Tear
    Huli_Man - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Considering they lost in about 30 minutes, I'm guessing it was not anything small. But I would be curious to hear from someone who was there.
  • Krasava - Heavens Tear
    Krasava - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Inias, i too was disappointed that there were no predictions this week.
    I guess Hisui is getting burned out on PWI. I know I am. b:chuckle

About the only thing i log in for anymore is to see the map on the weekends b:sad
    If it wasn't for all the dramatic politics on our wonderful server, i'd be gone long ago. But i digress.

Tao losing to Enrage was no surprise to me. Enrage remains half a notch higher then the rest. Respect.

Now i wanna see Caesar vs. Enrage, regardless who is attacking. b:cute

P.S. in US we use the following format for dates: mm/dd/yyyy
    So the topic dates were a bit confusing to me b:chuckle May thru July? lol
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yea. I was really inactive this weekend. I didn't play in the Tao TW either. All of these can be attributed to the following:

1) Drinking
    2) Being a horrible drinker and needing an entire day to recover
    3) Drinking right after recovering
    4) Drinking during hangover.
    5) Go-Karting while drunk. That was pretty dangerous but not against the law!

Tao vs Enrage was a bit surprising to myself, even. I didn't think Tao's high level roster would let their crystal go down so fast. Enrage's crystal was at min of 85%ish according to my friend in Tao, who also recognized their defensive vulnerability.

At least this shows the depth of TW strategies in two similar leveled factions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    kras sorry :d
    i'm used of putting dd/mm/yy :p

and actually i expected with tao having alot of high lvl's (as far as i've heard) i've been told they have ~150 89 + ... who know's if that's true

so i expected tao to win , especially with 8 cata's VS 4 cata's

i'm still curious about radiance VS evo b:victory
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    so because i saw no other topics about this weeks TW's and there is no hisui predictions b:sad i just made this topic for ppl to give their thoughts and comments about this weeks TW's

i personnaly wassurprised that tao didn't take city of lost , they have the high lvl's ..

im guessing on a small mistake made in strategy or miscomunication?

Well they got owned so whatever they did they shouldnt do again. I was expecting a 2 hr+ fight so i guess i put too much faith into Tao oh well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Huli_Man - Heavens Tear
    Huli_Man - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i'm still curious about radiance VS evo

From my point of view as a humble foot soldier in the admittedly weakened Radiance army, it was a good TW between two evenly matched guilds. We met in the middle of the map and over the next 2 hours slowly pushed them back in to their base and took out their crystal. You can tell that EVO has tons of TW experience. They work well together, assist on attacks and they made a few good cata pushes at multiple points during the TW. At about the 45 minute to an hour point, while we were attacking in their base, they made a strong and fast push down the A path, took out our towers there and the right tower in the base and slammed our crystal down past 75% (possibly even more I don't remember). Multiple times, they also pushed us out of their base and back to B5. In the end, we just wore them down in a very good TW fight.

Maybe Tao could learn a thing or two about TW strategy from Dr. Pepper.

BOOM, roasted.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    From my point of view as a humble foot soldier in the admittedly weakened Radiance army, it was a good TW between two evenly matched guilds. We met in the middle of the map and over the next 2 hours slowly pushed them back in to their base and took out their crystal. You can tell that EVO has tons of TW experience. They work well together, assist on attacks and they made a few good cata pushes at multiple points during the TW. At about the 45 minute to an hour point, while we were attacking in their base, they made a strong and fast push down the A path, took out our towers there and the right tower in the base and slammed our crystal down past 75% (possibly even more I don't remember). Multiple times, they also pushed us out of their base and back to B5. In the end, we just wore them down in a very good TW fight.

Maybe Tao could learn a thing or two about TW strategy from Dr. Pepper.

BOOM, roasted.

From the Evo point of view the battle was very interesting. Rad was Charging our B gate with it seemed like 100 clerics but it was more like 10 but we just couldnt kill them so that means the catties were staying up longer then they shouldve. The whole fight just made me mad because the clerics just wouldnt die and honestly i couldnt kill the LA ones by myself because they have a good 10 lvls plus on me so all i did is tick their charm. All ik is Rad just had a better plan but was a great fight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vlarkin - Heavens Tear
    Vlarkin - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    the fight against Tao was a great fight that i really didnt expect to go so fast either... I wont discuss any issues or problems they had, they know those theirselves, and i hope they got it sorted b4 we meet again. Props to Tao for showing the courage to attack Enrage in the 1st place b:pleased
  • forsaken2134
    forsaken2134 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    im noob, ;D ^^
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    the fight against Tao was a great fight that i really didnt expect to go so fast either... I wont discuss any issues or problems they had, they know those theirselves, and i hope they got it sorted b4 we meet again. Props to Tao for showing the courage to attack Enrage in the 1st place b:pleased

+1

I really hope you guys continue to attack us, I know Tao will only get stronger and better and since my attack Triad campaign isnt working(once again with no thanks to you flamers out there slacking!)b:angry

I can hopefully start another campaign to keep Tao attacking us for fun TWs!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Tao could have made this a 3 hr TW if we were playing that way and like-wise so could Enrage if they'd turtled. Basically from what I saw from both sides it was an all-or-nothing push. In the first 10 minutes both sides had catas on each other's crystals.

Simply put Enrage had the better strategy and came out on top with each of their 3 pushes managing to take at least 30% off our crystal. (it may have been more than 3 pushes but I was on B path for pretty much all of the TW)

We (Tao) need to analyze where we went wrong and what can be done to counter this kind of attack but I know we're more than capable. We're still a fairly new faction with members from different origins and this is our first truly competitive TW.
    I like pie
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yeah it really was both sides were going full force at each other. As our first competitive TW we weren't expecting a win - maybe for it to be a little longer, granted - but it was one of those "learn from our mistakes" wars.

As a few Tao people have commented, we know what our faults were and hopefully we will have more practice to hone our tactics and also get a good setup and for everyone to know how each other plays. We can also learn from how Enrage TW too, to help us impove.

Kudos to Enrage for a real good battle, ended a bit quickly but we will be hunting for you again in the near future b:victoryb:cute
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Was great fun.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    indeed it was great fun, wish it had lasted longer. maybe next time?
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • lazyness
    lazyness Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Maybe Tao could learn a thing or two about TW strategy from Dr. Pepper

i lol'd

10 chars
  • Rifkind - Heavens Tear
    Rifkind - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    the main reason we lost to enrage so fast was, communication. we didnt have enough communication between squads and the battle commander. we werent using assist attack to is full potential, and many people werent talking to their squad leaders in vent.

we knew enrage would come down hard with the first push, we stopped that

I must disagree, you did not stop our first push, I was in it, we arrived in your base, and I was wondering where the heck everyone WAS! It appeared to be quite deserted...

From what I heard later, I believe y'all may have been pushing into OUR base, not stopping our push into yours. Once your in-base towers were down, well, that was pretty much that.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I must disagree, you did not stop our first push, I was in it, we arrived in your base, and I was wondering where the heck everyone WAS! It appeared to be quite deserted...

From what I heard later, I believe y'all may have been pushing into OUR base, not stopping our push into yours. Once your in-base towers were down, well, that was pretty much that.

That's what we were being told the whole fight. I didn't see much regrouping on Tao's part, just a lot of singles coming down B getting picked off after their 1st push.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Edya - Heavens Tear
    Edya - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

hello hello HT and hi rifkind b:pleased

First off, I don't know who forsaken 2134 is but if this is a Tao member, yall need to not be posting anonymous so we know who to with-hold weekly cookies from.

Rifkind yah, it's semantics. So just to clarify, we didn't stop your first push. But we defended against it when you got in and pewpewed so you all had to "come again" for a 2nd push. This is beginning to sound like someone's going into labor ouchies. b:chuckle

Tao is looking forward to more wars, we learned alot and expect to learn more with each TW we have. All very exciting. b:victory Thanks everyone.
  • XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear
    XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    b:cry now im in huge debts cause i betted on tao..b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rifkind - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hello hello HT and hi rifkind b:pleased

Hi Edya! b:kiss
    Rifkind yah, it's semantics. So just to clarify, we didn't stop your first push. But we defended against it when you got in and pewpewed so you all had to "come again" for a 2nd push. This is beginning to sound like someone's going into labor ouchies. b:chuckle

Heeehhehehee...yah, sounds like someone had sex somewhere along the way....
    Tao is looking forward to more wars, we learned alot and expect to learn more with each TW we have. All very exciting. b:victory Thanks everyone.

For sure, let's do lots more of it! And let's go longer next time!

Geez, it really does sound like sex!
  • Chansore - Heavens Tear
    Chansore - Heavens Tear Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    this convo is getting a bit kinky! i like it. careful Rif Edya might take you up on that offer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Founder of United Lions Liberation Front
    not to be confused with the
    ..Liberators Movement for Lions
    or.....Lions United Front
    or........United Lions Front for Liberation of all Lions

Retired b:bye but still trolllinnnnnn
  • Detharos - Heavens Tear
    Detharos - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You've got to get mad! I want you to get mad!
    (Really gotta stop quoting all these Ventertainment videos XD)

On a serious note, I found the result of the Tao battle rather surprising, but I guess as someone stated earlier, it really goes to show how large a role strategy and well coordinated execution of those strategies really plays in TW. With Tao going to improve upon their mistakes, and probably emerge more dangerous a foe than ever, these next TW weeks should be even more exciting. :D
  • EXtacy - Heavens Tear
    EXtacy - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I guess i can throw in a tip for Tao. Leave eXtacky's squad of death alone. They are all squishies and just like to jump up and down in TW. They are there just to distract you b:bye
  • Clunker - Heavens Tear
    Clunker - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Heeehhehehee...yah, sounds like someone had sex somewhere along the way....

Why do you think I wasn't on for the TW? b:laugh
  • Rifkind - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options

Damn you Clunker, I'm jealous now!
    edited June 2009
    Options

No TW Pay, ineligible for TW for 2 weeks. No more DASHING and DARING!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Someones_alt - Heavens Tear
    Someones_alt - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    First off, I don't know who forsaken 2134 is but if this is a Tao member, yall need to not be posting anonymous so we know who to with-hold weekly cookies from.

Yeah, forsaken2134 needs to come clean and announce themselves in guild chat b:bye
  • Yunahh - Heavens Tear
    Yunahh - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yeah, forsaken2134 needs to come clean and announce themselves in guild chat b:bye
    lolz@imposterrr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I be on my Seeker now.
    ign; Amairah
  • Someones_alt - Heavens Tear
    Someones_alt - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lolz@imposterrr

LOL I assure you I'm a Tao member,
    My 'ALT' is actually fairly active on the forums :P
  • Raidan - Heavens Tear
    Raidan - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think it was MY hp that won it for Enrage NO ONE ELSE helped :p jk it was a good fight against TAO they need to work on their strategey a little as mentioned but good fight, i think some communication skills too maybe were lacking a little.