Sawfly Bug

seridus
seridus Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Support Desk
I've been noticing that while using the sawfly as a pet, that when it goes to attack something it will sometimes get stuck in the ground and not move... causing it not to reach the target.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but it would be a nice thing to fix.
Post edited by seridus on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Can you post a screenshot in jpg format of the issue?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Zirconium - Heavens Tear
    Zirconium - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2009

"Originally Posted by Zirconium - Heavens Tear
    Anyone notice there Petite Sawfly getting stuck on uneven ground when attacking ?
    It doesn't have a problem following me but it seems to fly low when attacking ( sticking it's stinger out )."

This is a problem that affects all flying pets attacking ground targets. It only happens on bumpy terrain. Try to position yourself so you're uphill from the target and the slope is smooth in between (no bumps sticking up). Then send your pet in to attack.

When you reach level 30 and get your manta, you can attack from the air. That eliminates the problem, but reduces your damage.

I asked about this in 01-28-2009 and found several threads saying that it was a known common fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Sigs >> myweb.tiscali.co.uk/squeek/pages/sigs/sigs.htm
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Can you post a screenshot in jpg format of the issue?

I can't at the moment but can also confirm. Noticeable spot would be attacking a monster with a small hill in the way (great sample spot on small hill west(ish) of silver pool grinding on antelopes). Sawfly won't navigate up and over terrain.

Temp solution = Jump up and send fly in using alt-1 key combo to attack. If done right pet follows you into air, attacks downward, and you attack like normal once you hit the ground.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    This happens when flying pets are used on uneven terrain areas. There seems to be something wrong with the pathing of flying pets when the veno is on the ground. Attempts to fly pass hills with higher in elevation then the veno itself will sometimes cause the pet to get stuck. There are two ways around this. The first is for the veno to take to the air and call the pet to her. The second is to unsummon and resummon the pet.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • mythago
    mythago Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    3rd is to jump as you approach the mob to make the fly pet go up then send to attack before you land
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    This is a known issue with flying pets used while on the ground and while attacking ground targets. It has been reported since day one.

The problem is most noticeble when sending a flying pet uphill. It rarely happens when sending them downhill.

The issue seems to be that the flying pets aim for the feet of the targets, therefore they will follow the ground, and it there is a "uphill" in the way, they just get stuck on it.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
This discussion has been closed.