Cat Shop Limits!

Sellen - Harshlands
Sellen - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Suggestion Box
ok I am sure I am far from the only one who cant stand these stupid things, yeah they help sometimes but id rather them all be gone then have archasoar be a trap =(

I think that they need a shop area limit (as in no more than XXX amount of shops in XXX amount of land, like oh say 100 shop max in arch? 100 shops is BY FAR enough, and for those who think theyd never get one there due to afk shops let me finish...

A next limit should be no more than 1 hour of no visitors for shop of an afk player to be logged off, if your open an hour and nobody enters your shop in a place like arch who surely would have a line, why not be force logged off?

really I dont know if this is the solution but its just out of hand i cant stand all these shops it drives me mad, it makes me look forward to large updates just for a sew hours where afk shops dont outnumber the playing audience...
Post edited by Sellen - Harshlands on

Comments

• Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Better solution...

Ban all CatShops in Perfect World (Yup, because it's cooler to do that)

Create new NPC to teleport players to a new location called "Market Place"

You may only use the Cat Shop in the Market Place...

Split the Market Place into like sections (Kinda like a big city...), One for Equips/One for HH/One for Gems... Etc.. blah blah blah.

And oh yea, force each player to cat shop only in specific areas... Make a lot of open slots (like a lot.. Really really lot of slots...) So basically organized and concentrated area for Cat Shops only.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • SinopaTokala - Sanctuary
    SinopaTokala - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I agree completely. West Archosaur is out of control. You would think that they would put unnecessary strain on the server as well...
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Another way would be to have a system that auto-kicks any selling character that is not actively used in normal gameplay. Most of the cat shops are alt accounts used for just selling.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • lion40
    lion40 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hi all :)
    About shops...
    Archosaur west district is a really stuffed mess.If you go to find a particular thing wont find it yes?So thick that the names of the shops could be looked at as a long "chinece" not understandable poem lol :D
    On the one hand I think those kind of shops are great in a way but on the other hand maybe we dont need them much as we have auction house and easier to find something there.
    There could be additional areas with just shops BUT same problems as archosaur will be met.
    And as we all think archosaur is the only problem...no its all the shops and all the genies with no option to hide that cause the sometimes enormous lag in every of the big towns.
    Maybe there could be created a shop similar to the auction one but with no bids and such,just a fixed price as a solution to this problem.And ya little shops removed!
    See you ingame! :)
  • _NecroX_ - Dreamweaver
    _NecroX_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Better solution...

Split the Market Place into like sections (Kinda like a big city...), One for Equips/One for HH/One for Gems... Etc.. blah blah blah.

And oh yea, force each player to cat shop only in specific areas... Make a lot of open slots (like a lot.. Really really lot of slots...) So basically organized and concentrated area for Cat Shops only.

agreed!

great idea btw
    ... And afterwards, I get a cookie!
    edited June 2009
    The more I think about it, the more I like the NPC option.
  • Sellen - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Better solution...

I get what you are saying but I am sorry no I do not agree with that, nobody would ever go. cat shops are made for convenience, sales will drop dramatically if I have to go out of my way for a giant map of shows where I have to look for sections of each thing, and not only that but organize a cat shop? its like organizing garage sales in real life... the whole point is they wanna get rid of random things, veyr few sell ONLY armor, swords, dragon quest items, ect. it cant work by genra or very little will be sold...

I see what you want out of that idea but I think a new place isnt what we need... because I LPOVE cat shops dont get me wrong, but I hate the high amounts thats just it!
  • Sellen - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    thank you all for the replies, I wish a mod would have looked at my idea but I see there very busy, and I am sure they see something wrong but I know its always hard to limit player ability in case of people all hating it... but I just think the majority will be cool with it =)
  • XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i mostly just try 2 avoid west arch i mostly fly around 2 the south ar north gate of archi just bought the latest comp yesterday and even eith that tha lag is Horrid and tryin 2 duel there sux like hell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
  • Sellen - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    i mostly just try 2 avoid west arch i mostly fly around 2 the south ar north gate of archi just bought the latest comp yesterday and even eith that tha lag is Horrid and tryin 2 duel there sux like hell

Oh I agree, I dont know how anyone duels there? but dont you think there is a problem when you have to avoid a town like that? and sometimes for quests you have to go it... and I just cant it messes too bad I blow them off almost completely just to avoid it

glahh, maybe they can add an option not to show it on your screen? like a chackbox or something?
    edited June 2009
    Oh well.... I guess I'll just have to keep avoiding West Lagosaur and refusing to buy stuff from catshops (or at least ones in congested locations such as West Lagosaur)