choosing a class help me

thegoldenrule
thegoldenrule Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Blademaster
are blademasters the best for a beginner? ive never played this game...what makes blademasters so good. or should i be a different class to start out with.b:shocked
Post edited by thegoldenrule on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    1) Read the guides here on the forums.

2) Pick a class to try first.

3) Try a few classes since getting through level 20 is easy.

4) Pick a main.

5) Have fun b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Riichard - Heavens Tear
    Riichard - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    to save you a little bit of trouble with that process here is some more info about the classes

Blademaster-good damage. good hp. relativley well rounded. good tank

Wizard-Great damage. low hp. Highest good solo grinding if your careful not to get swarmed

Cleric-Heals people(duh). good damage and hp, but their main job is to keep the tanks alive and fighting. Always in high demand

Archer-Sad to say I don't know much about them. Great end game damage and good hp.

Venomancer-good for soloing. good hp and mp. nice damage. only practical use is as a lure.

Barbarian-Great hp. kinda low damage. good endgame. Best tank.
  • JohntheFlash - Lost City
    JohntheFlash - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Blademasters are versatile, but don't excel in anything really (except stun locking and pissing off people if u do it well). They can provide damage, tank somewhat, AoE grind, solo, yada yada yada....anyhow read the guides and play it out a bit as Red suggested.

BTW venos=easy mode as far as leveling and grinding are concerned.
  • Skaldiee - Heavens Tear
    Skaldiee - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    As a begginer i would advise A Venomancer or a Barbarian. Blademaster is pretty good but it is easy to ****-up. So the best way is to try few classes and then choose one - the one who fits your play-style the best of all.
  • DishyWiggles - Harshlands
    DishyWiggles - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What all these ppl said is correct, just stay away from
    1.)Mage - die in 4 hits from mobs
    2.)Cleric- same problem but with some heals.
    3.)Archer- die in 7 hits from mob 1/2 dmg up close

All those are pretty hard to start out with. Veno is the way 2 go, get a tank pet and have at it
  • Bashusilly - Heavens Tear
    Bashusilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I agree with what everyone else has said. Try a few classes. All of the classes are fully capable of reaching end game. Just depends on what you want to do to get theree.

If you plan to do a lot of things solo, then a Venomancer or BM is prolly your best bet. It you want to be in high demand then you want a Barb or cleric.

If you want the high damage numbers then you want to go with a Wizard or Archer.

Venos are prolly gonna solo best, but in saying that, I would not call them the easiest class. You have a whole stable of pets that you have to manage as a Veno.

Try a few classes. Personally, I have a BM, Barb, Veno, and a cleric I play. They are all different in the way they play out the game and they break up the monotony for me.
    Don't let my level confuse you. I've done this before.
    Leader-Vandals-Heavens Tear
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The only problem you might find (reason why a lot of newbies quit BM) is during your 2x levels, when one mob pretty much takes half your HP to kill.

But at level 29 you will get your Heal skill, and from there everything will be easy, depending on you.
  • Bashusilly - Heavens Tear
    Bashusilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The only problem you might find (reason why a lot of newbies quit BM) is during your 2x levels, when one mob pretty much takes half your HP to kill.

But at level 29 you will get your Heal skill, and from there everything will be easy, depending on you.

To add to that, if you do go with a BM and you do find this to be a problem, Stock up on life powers!! They work wonders through the growing pains of a lower level BM
    Don't let my level confuse you. I've done this before.
    Leader-Vandals-Heavens Tear
  • Skaldiee - Heavens Tear
    Skaldiee - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Buy pickaxe asap and farm Golden Herb + Nectar (2:3) like hell. At lvl 30 i have always around 100 Life powders with me and like 300 in Banker store they help a lot.
  • Kaier - Sanctuary
    Kaier - Sanctuary Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    1) Read the guides here on the forums.

2) Pick a class to try first.

3) Try a few classes since getting through level 20 is easy.

4) Pick a main.

5) Have fun b:cute

R u kidding?!!! It took me a month or a bit more 2 get 2 lvl 20!!!b:shocked
    Friendship means being stupid together...b:cute
  • Flame_tail - Sanctuary
    Flame_tail - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    alot of you said that venos r easy 2 play and yes they are XD unfortunately it is not that simple it is easy 2 play venos but it takes alot more 2 play them good also after playing the veno u will get really lazy and probably not like another class so mainly chose what u feel like
  • Xelea - Heavens Tear
    Xelea - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    thats why i chose a veno...im too damn lzy...
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What all these ppl said is correct, just stay away from
    1.)Mage - die in 4 hits from mobs
    2.)Cleric- same problem but with some heals.
    3.)Archer- die in 7 hits from mob 1/2 dmg up close

All those are pretty hard to start out with. Veno is the way 2 go, get a tank pet and have at it

Archer is not a hard char to play only sucks when you dont have knockback but as soon as u do its easy, the half damage at close range will be remedied with wingspan, wingpledge, and all metal skills. Cleric you only die if you get seriously mobed for god sakes you can heal urself and have plume shell. Mage is not for the light of heart in my opinion be ready to die a lot if you dont know how to pick ur mobs to kill.
  • renrii
    renrii Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    are blademasters the best for a beginner? ive never played this game...what makes blademasters so good. or should i be a different class to start out with.b:shocked

You mean Warrior?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JohntheFlash - Lost City
    JohntheFlash - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    renrii wrote: »
    You mean Warrior?
    Wow, welcome to PWI. In case you haven't noticed, they changed the names in our version for whatever reason. Why do you keep referring to a different version of PW? You did this in the Misty Ring thread.