what path best for squad with wizard

bluefox213
bluefox213 Posts: 155 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Blademaster
hello every1

another BM question :D

I'm about to get level 29, and choosing my path

what you guys suggest path would be best if you are always fighting with a wizard...from the same level???

i thought axe would be best, since i'm gonna be a tanker and aoe attack would be best and with stunning and so

but im a newbie so i might dont know some things :D
Post edited by bluefox213 on

Comments

• Bashusilly - Heavens Tear
    Bashusilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I don't really think you want to base your path on who you squad with. I used to squad with a Wizzy and I was swords. We squaded all the time and swords worked just fine.

Squading with a Wizzy is nice. But I dont think the weapon path is going to make any real difference. The thing that makes the real difference is how you approach a fight, and what your intentions will be as you go along.

I am guessing you have a basic understanding of what each path is going to give you, so, what I would say, is that if you are comfortable with Axes, go axes.

But, just remember, your overall damage output is not as important if you are always with the wiz, they are gonna do the bulk of the damage, always. Since you are going to be there to take the bulk of the damage, just make sure you have solid gear and a decent ability to manage your HP.
    Don't let my level confuse you. I've done this before.
    Leader-Vandals-Heavens Tear
  • DishyWiggles - Harshlands
    DishyWiggles - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    OK, If you plan on PvPing with Wizard, go axe. your stun lock will keep the enemy stunned so they cant spark out of nukes and double sparked spells.
    If you are PvE with a Wizard, pretty much any weapon will work, but probably pole for the long range and bleeds (in case Wizard pulls aggro)
    edited June 2009
    Lol, yeah, Wizzies will pull aggro in PvE....It will always be a power struggle. You will have to work strategy out with them. I would always roar the mob, or mobs, then use the strongest skill I had, whatever that was at the time, then the wizzy would join in. Usually at that point, the mob would be dead in a shot or two, and even if the wizzy pulled aggro, it would be dead before it got to her.

The most important thing it to give space between the mob and the wizzy. Once the wizzy learns will of the phoenix, the distance thing is less of an issue, but it leaves you running all over the place, and if it is positioned wrong, can leave you running through other mobs....Not always a pretty thing
  • bluefox213
    bluefox213 Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    well i know it would be easy reading through the forum

but the wizard is my real life bro, always play game with him, and normally never squad up in any games with other people

and were sitting next to eachother so its very easy to say which mob were attacking, so strategees will be come good once we get to know the game better

i just dont want to end up choosing the wrong path and notice that until im level 50 :P

i think im going for axes cuz it might be better once we start grinding with alot of mobs, and make aoe's

tho i hate the speed is slow
    but i also hate the liniear aoe's of polearm
  • DishyWiggles - Harshlands
    DishyWiggles - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Listen, with most BMs you dont worry about speed, you just use skills. theres no auto attack thats useful with anything other than single sword/blade and fists. Axes are skill after skill after skill, so you dont worry about speed
  • Saffon - Dreamweaver
    Saffon - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i thought axe would be best, since i'm gonna be a tanker and aoe attack would be best and with stunning and so

I could be wrong, but I think you were thinking of AoE grinding with Axe and wizzy will use AoE spell as well?

Also not sure if you are thinking about doing that with just the 2 of you.

I just have 1 question if that's the case...

Who's healing?

While you tank, you need heal; if Wizzy takes aggro on several mobs altogether, you're both dead...

I'd say a Wizzy's best partner (or any other path for that matter) is a Cleric.

But if all my assumptions are wrong and that you are looking at a DD-pair squading with other people including healers... then Axe would seem one of the best choices, arguable with Barb / Archer being the alternatives...

Hope I did not make the matter any more complicated than it is.b:cute
    edited June 2009
    wizzy and BM just heal themselves. Bot have basic heals. If wizzy is not attacking, he could also heal BM, once again, not a great heal, but if your AOE grinding, you should prolly be wearing a charm anyway...both wizzy and BM.
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm with Dishy on this one - axe build with decent Vit will be a nice balance with the Wiz. And max your stun skills.
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    axe build with high vit...hold agro
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    bluefox213 wrote: »

I have a friend and we did this very same combo. Axe vit build BM + Light Armor mage works well together. It worked out pretty well, except you'll need to gain a few levels past him and consistently keep ahead of him, otherwise he'll constantly steal aggro from you (and you'll be chasing his 'pets' or watching him die a lot) so he better be a Light Armor build.

You need to remember, you're NOT a tank, you only have one aggro skill, stream strike, and it pales in comparison to the threat skills a mage has, so he needs to know which skills NOT to use.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Delai - Lost City
    Delai - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    U said that u hate poles linear aoe,but since on my BM im doing this path,it isnt hard at all when ull learn how to use ur skills.From lvl49 when ull get Meteor Rush it will be quite easy when ull do this:gather mobs,if u have spark u can use Piercing Winds,Roar,aoes from common tree,and then meteor rush which sometimes really saves wizies **** if he take agro.Whne i started my BM i was first doing axes,but already at lvl20 i restated to Poles cause i wanted to do mainly PVP and poles range skills are great for that,and last time i had an axe BM on PVE server it was little bit boring since axes aoe hits everything,with Poles it is just a bigger challenge and more fun in my opinion u just need to keep mobs always in front uf u what isnt hard at all.^^