Advice for fox veno ^^

Kikiyyo - Heavens Tear
Kikiyyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Venomancer
This my first time actually rolling a veno, and i have few questions on my mind.

I rolled a LA veno, simply cause PvP, TW benefits for this class, but on HT there are few to non fox venos, mostly are Arcane with Herc *lol?* is there any specially reason to that?

And if there is a fox veno who actually started that way from early levels any tips for skills you got, and how do you stand in TT's with your HP?

*And to answer to those who say go arcane, I wont cause even my cleric pwns arcane venos no matter if they have a herc, tho nix is a problem xD*
Post edited by Kikiyyo - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kurovanova - Harshlands
    Kurovanova - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Arcane is manly a pve build because most foxes in PVE servers go full mag to max the efficiency of healing on the pet and to kill mobs quick to make the most money in the shortest time possible. The arcane will score good against robes in pvp but physical chars will tear you up. LA is good against physicals but until u get an endgame good armor magics will have superiority on you. Heavy armor severly cuts your magick attacks but it makes u really resistent. The reason most mag venos dont use fox skills is that their magic nukes do better in pve.
    Also clerics will own you almost as bad in LA as they as they do in arcane. They are really good in pvp.
    Good luck.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy veno in training!b:cute
    I need a Herc so bad...b:cry
    Elves are cute.b:dirty
    This is the last bear--->b:bye
  • leskald
    leskald Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    To be honest i don't think that physical class can tear up a Nuke Veno, because of the same reason as Nukeveno is not ripped apart by any physical mobs. Ranged*(Stun Spell + DoT Spell + Slow Spell) = PWN any physical class that is trying to charge on us (remember that Heavy armor has ****ty MDef). Only threat to Venos are Archers and balanced Mages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "W życiu chodzi o to, by być trochę niemożliwym."
    (Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde)
  • Kurovanova - Harshlands
    Kurovanova - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    well in any fight results may vary. Remember battles dont go acording to plan most of the time. Its easy to say before the fight "oh yea, stun, nuke, amplify damage, nuke then dead." But skills can get intrerrupted, the enemy might have good pots, he may drop on you from above, he may have a weird build or he may have friend nearby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy veno in training!b:cute
    I need a Herc so bad...b:cry
    Elves are cute.b:dirty
    This is the last bear--->b:bye
  • Kikiyyo - Heavens Tear
    Kikiyyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    leskald wrote: »
    To be honest i don't think that physical class can tear up a Nuke Veno, because of the same reason as Nukeveno is not ripped apart by any physical mobs. Ranged*(Stun Spell + DoT Spell + Slow Spell) = PWN any physical class that is trying to charge on us (remember that Heavy armor has ****ty MDef). Only threat to Venos are Archers and balanced Mages.

You dont get pwnd by psy mobs cause you have a personal barb aka pet.
    Do you know that in pvp that any psy class has actually mid ranged stuns and that probably you wont notice him until its to late xD?
    So thats why i dont wanna be a arcane veno, cause i seen them in action and its not what i had in mind ;p
    Arcane is manly a pve build because most foxes in PVE servers go full mag to max the efficiency of healing on the pet and to kill mobs quick to make the most money in the shortest time possible. The arcane will score good against robes in pvp but physical chars will tear you up. LA is good against physicals but until u get an endgame good armor magics will have superiority on you. Heavy armor severly cuts your magick attacks but it makes u really resistent. The reason most mag venos dont use fox skills is that their magic nukes do better in pve.
    Also clerics will own you almost as bad in LA as they as they do in arcane. They are really good in pvp.

Speaking as a high cleric, LA veno makes more a challenge "even wins often" then an arcane...

But thnx for god points tho ^^
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Heavy armour and light armour builds have the same magic attack.. how many times do I have to keep telling people e__e;
    Heavy/robe and LA builds have the same magic attack, same HP and lesser M.
    attack then arcane. Heavy/robe builds also gets the highest physical attack out of the three. It's not anything super, but it's enough to seriously hurt arcane wearers.

You could of course always go heavy armour only but I have no idea why you would. The idea of light and heavy/robe is to optimize physical and magical resistances. I've played all 3 and notice I hardly die in TW now as heavy/robe.
    However, I only restatted to this at level 80 so I can't really give tips for lower level items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Best advice... dont go pure foxform. b:chuckle
  • Xipetotekia - Sanctuary
    Xipetotekia - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm also playing my first veno! Its also my first character. I am in the process of switching from and arcane/vit build to LA fox, which is a pretty good challenge considering that I started doing it at level 26 without reset notes. I'm gonna have gimped magic attack for a bit. b:cry

So far what I am leveling as skills is Ironwood Scarb(think that is what the one that increases physical damage on an enemy), Venomous Scarb, Befuddling Mist, Amplify Damage, Fox Form and Melee Mastery. Since Ironwood Scarb's effect can stack with that of Amplify Damage I usually open with Ironwood, turn fox form then amplify damage and manage to get two physical hits in before Ironwood wears off. Switching to this strategy from fully arcane I have not noticed a significant increase in the amount of time it takes to kill mobs. But all of this is pretty straight forward and you probably know it already; I just thought it was cool that I could do it.

In terms of stat distribution, I am working my way towards having my level plus four dex and strength and 3x my level in magic (the magic won't happen until I can get a reset note to move those pesky points out of vit.). Right now I am level 29 with 31 strength and dex. and 76 magic (forgot to spend the last 5 points before logging off.) The pet I use is a crystaline magemite that I like because of its high defense and fairly good attack.

Can't really help with PvP because I don't plan to do it much. >_>
  • FlappingPix - Heavens Tear
    FlappingPix - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I started out light armor full fox from the very beginning when I roled this character. Its been a lot of fun going this route even if its not as common of a build so early on. My first veno was arcane build (now retired mule) while able to kill well and fast I got bored just nuking mobs praying that they didn't get too close or other players didn't leave monsters next to me.

The main thing that takes some getting used to is full fox don't have the range you are used going from arcane, but after that becomes an after though thanks to magmites. Learning what skills to use and what to link becomes more your game when dealing with the pve aspect. I find the biggest factor is stacking your skills to kill the mobs faster including those from your pet and genie. For example extreme posion (genie skill) and amplify stack to 40% added damage taken which helps on some mobs big time. Dust storm (genie skill) and befuddeling mist stack to eventually decrease accuracy by 100% for a short time. Hollow fist (genie skill), ironwood sacrab, and pierce (pet skill) stack bring the phys defense down a lot. When added right on a mob or even on pvp that can add some serious hurt assuming you have the time use all of them. Even if you only get one of the sets used playing light armor fox is not only fun but easy to level up.
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Right frim the start I chose fox tree and yet no single magic skills so far. It's been pretty fun. I am planning to train magic attacks too but i dont know yet when.
    Of course it is more fun to fight next to your pet than attacking mobs far behindb:victory