Level 3x grinding?

drake01
drake01 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I've been with PW since the first closed beta, sticking to my main archer character. I just started a new veno character to vary things up a bit (daily grinding was getting really old at the 8xs), but i noticed that the non-quest grinding is being required much earlier in the game. Im currently lvl 38, completed all my quests (minus the fb 39 related ones), yet im still at 40% exp gained. I rarely die, I always solo, and I've completed every possible quest for my level.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? My archer was able to make it to lvl 50 without any grinding at all, so I'm wondering whats up with my veno. Any suggestions?
Post edited by drake01 on

Comments

• Xaikus - Dreamweaver
    Xaikus - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I've had to grind since 36 :(
    NoQuarter: Friendly, helpful, and Mature. Recruiting players any level on Dreamweaver.
  • Iccyfoxx - Heavens Tear
    Iccyfoxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm thinking it's cuz our pets take small amounts of the exp. Tiny amounts, but it adds up. Correction: Thats not it. I dunno. Its been a problem for me since the late 20's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to ForsakenX for the sig.
    Killing with flair.
    "Suck my Magmite!"-xXFoxxyXx
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You can start doing crazy stone at 30. If you're leveling very quickly (like venos do before about the 60s-70s), then you won't get as many crazy stones done before you hit 40.
  • drake01
    drake01 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm thinking that may be the problem. I've only been in the thirties for two days, so I haven't done more than two crazy stnnes lol. Never realized they were that important to leveling.

Either way, i grinded my way to 40 so its good =D
  • Elricaen - Sanctuary
    Elricaen - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm thinking it's cuz our pets take small amounts of the exp. Tiny amounts, but it adds up. Correction: Thats not it. I dunno. Its been a problem for me since the late 20's

Actually I have tested this myself in several different situations - not only have I tried different pets but also against different mobs... Having the pet out or not makes no difference to your experience gained on your main character.
    - Elric {RIVAL}

Elricaen (Venomancer)
    Elricaeus (Cleric)
    Elricage (Archer)
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    38 is about normal. I dont know how you managed to quest to 50 on your archer. Perhaps you were doing crazy stone quests each day and that gave you enough to hit 50 with quests, or perhaps you picked up some extra by joining in on fb runs.

Pets dont consume xp.