Benefit of Marriage

Arliana - Dreamweaver
Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
I was just curious, what benefits are there? Plz list all, especially if there is an xp bonus.
Post edited by Arliana - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The exp bonus is a rumor, it doesn't work.

You get rep IF you get candy as a wedding present. Each person gets random wedding presents so you might just get wine which you can trade for fb wines. My spouse on Sanctuary only got wine, but I got some candy.

Marriage isn't a good way to get rep. You'd get more rep if you spent the 3+ million buying dog tags.

There isn't a special chat channel. Other versions of PW may have had more bonuses for getting married but there aren't many benefits on this one. You get someone's name above your head, some random wedding gifts and some clothes. In addition, people will randomly pm you asking how to get married. ...
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I was just curious, what benefits are there? Plz list all, especially if there is an xp bonus.

Having your loves name over your head no other benefits needed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eledyssil - Lost City
    Eledyssil - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Which means you marry for the right reasons ;)
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Just a curious question myself, but how much would all the contents of the marriage combined pack sell for after you've got married?

Just wondering cause I can just about scrape the funds together, but it'll leave me with nothing left so I'll be short for actual game necessities (skills, equips, items ect) lol.
    edited June 2009
    Which means you marry for the right reasons ;)

One of the few b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Just a curious question myself, but how much would all the contents of the marriage combined pack sell for after you've got married?

Just wondering cause I can just about scrape the funds together, but it'll leave me with nothing left so I'll be short for actual game necessities (skills, equips, items ect) lol.

Not much at all. Most ppl won't buy the clothing. The candy may sell, the wine may also sell. Don't expect to get more than a few 100k total if you are able to sell the items. I'd suggest waiting to marry if it will make you broke to do so....
  • Ulala - Dreamweaver
    Ulala - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    They may introduce some benifits later but your now its just having your loves name above your head =) I think the 60$/
  • Ulala - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Sorry if this is a duplicate put it only posted the 1st line of my post for some reason

They may introduce some benifits later but your now its just having your loves name above your head =) I think the 60$/
  • Ulala - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Did it again o_O sorry last try I promise then I give up

However I have heard of a mob that drops the wedding items (including the stamp and the silk) and it apparently spawns in the Battlefield, now being that my highest char is level 23 I have no clue how to enter this Battlefield but Id sure as heck like to know, I want some free wedding stuff :P

Here is the PW data base link to the mob that suposedly drops the wedding items (look at the drops):

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/11276

has anyone encountered this mob and got the wedding items from it or can tell me how to enter the Battlefield? It would help me and alot of players who want to get married but cant by gold (no credit card and no pre-paids sold here b:surrender )

So...thanks in advanced b:thanks
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    look at those mob stats
    look at % droprate
    oh and it spawns in TW when its guild vs environment (not sure if lvl 1 , 2 or 3 land though)
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    You won't be able to get the items from mob drops. They are too rare and too hard to get.
    edited June 2009
    oh and i wouldve made about 2 million off the items i got from the wedding gifts but left a zero off the candy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ulala - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    look at those mob stats
    look at % droprate
    oh and it spawns in TW when its guild vs environment (not sure if lvl 1 , 2 or 3 land though)

That's a shame b:sad and with pretty much every territory already under faction control there's not going to be many Guild vs Environment battles ;_;

Oh well, thanks for the info =)
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    That's a shame b:sad and with pretty much every territory already under faction control there's not going to be many Guild vs Environment battles ;_;

Oh well, thanks for the info =)

With 12000000 life and 90000 physical attack, the character you'd need to fight this thing would be undoubtedly rich enough to get married as many times as they liked. O_o

3m isn't impossible, but if you don't use the cash shop it's a huge extravagance. However, less than a weeks money-grind at higher levels should make you that amount. Depends on whether you see it as being worth the effort.
    Not much at all. Most ppl won't buy the clothing. The candy may sell, the wine may also sell. Don't expect to get more than a few 100k total if you are able to sell the items. I'd suggest waiting to marry if it will make you broke to do so....

ty for the info. I guess I might as well wait a bit so.
  • Tye - Harshlands
    Tye - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    There is no benefit save for giving your real life friends a reason to laugh at you(assuming you have any) when they see that your wife/husbands name is "archer_ownz_u".
    Also, wasting 30 bucks to marry someone on a game is no benefit.
    Despite the fact that alot of people think it's cool.
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I married my IRL husband for Valentine's Day and it was just a fun thing. I don't reccommend doing it unless you really care about the person IRL, because otherwise there's really no benefit.
    yay
    edited June 2009
    There is no benefit save for giving your real life friends a reason to laugh at you(assuming you have any) when they see that your wife/husbands name is "archer_ownz_u".

"if they dont love then theyre no friends of mine"

If u really care person its more then worth it. Its not cool its amazing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    I married my IRL husband for Valentine's Day and it was just a fun thing. I don't reccommend doing it unless you really care about the person IRL, because otherwise there's really no benefit.

Yeah if its just a game thing not worth it but if u find someone u care about outside of the game DO IT DO IT DO IT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Some of the 'income' recieving players seem to be farming marriages on Sanctuary for rep.

Only 80 Marriages(40 if they pool the candies to you) to get a rank VIII weapon.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    so how much rep do you get for a wedding?
  • getmeoutofhere
    getmeoutofhere Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ok i know that versions of pw differ but there cant be that much candy in the wedding box to get rank 8 are u kidding me lol. Are you telling me that you get about 10000 candy thru 80 weddings, please explain your self, cause i highly doubt it.

Also there was suposed to be a exp benefit for couples grinding together. Of course not implemented.
  • Lah - Dreamweaver
    Lah - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If you're sweating $30 perhaps you should stop playing games and get a job? Just a thought.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I screwed up the calculations, not sure what it is for 200k rep.

1 wedding=400rep(800 if all candies go to one person).

250X400=100k

so 500 weddings for rank VIII or 250 with both candy sets.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Tye - Harshlands
    Tye - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If you're sweating $30 perhaps you should stop playing games and get a job? Just a thought.

I don't remember saying I was "sweating" about 30 bucks. And I don't know what I said that gave you the impression of me not having a job. Perhaps you don't live in the US, but alot of us are trying to save money as much as possible. I happen to be one of them. Sorry if I was unclearb:victory
    edited June 2009
    Ok if u r farming Rep from weddings i hate u all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I screwed up the calculations, not sure what it is for 200k rep.

1 wedding=400rep(800 if all candies go to one person).

250X400=100k

so 500 weddings for rank VIII or 250 with both candy sets.

last time i checked the wedding candy is 20 rep each. you get 10 tickets to "open" and get 1 of 4 prizes randomly. either wedding wines (which you trade for the other 3 prizes), wedding coins (1 wine), wedding candy (2 wines), or that ticket to do cs an extra one time (6 wines).

even if you got 10 candies from the tickets, thats 200 rep, not 400. getting 10 candies is extremely unlikely, so 200 rep would be an absolute best case scenario.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The benefit for me would be toying with some poor soul who thinks I actually believe in love over a video game. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Arzalea - Sanctuary
    Arzalea - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My hubby was able to sell back the wedding gift boxes (unopened) for a total of about 100k less than he spent on the wedding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656411