Solo Quests

ColdSteele - Lost City
ColdSteele - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
The quests that say go kill 20 of (whatever monster)

I've done a few of them and have gotten no reward. What is the point of this type of quest?

They are usually given by guards on the outskirts of cities or towns.

These NPC's usually don't give other quests. They sometimes give a quest to introduce the area if it is your first time to be there.

The ones I'm currently on are actually called Solo Quests and are given by the guards on the doors leading into archosaur.
It's too bad but "free to play, pay to win"-sckye

These "updates" are seeming more and more like downgrades.

aryannamage: Not PWE GM's they are all greedy b:angry
Post edited by ColdSteele - Lost City on

Comments

• DraukaGrissa - Sanctuary
    DraukaGrissa - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You need to be a little more specific.

Who gives these quests? Are there other quests this NPC gives? What are the quests called?
    [SIGPIC]pwForumSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]

ʘ Lv 57 Veno w/Herc (alt)

"The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has limits" ~ Albert Einstein

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson.
  • Sanseona - Lost City
    Sanseona - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think they give you a celestone fragment (or whatever its called) and 1 point of reputation. I think. I do them mostly because other quests need the same monsters so, why not?
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    As Sanseona said: These "solo quests" or "one-man army" quests are meant to be supplements to other quests or grinding. You'll get a celestone fragement and 1-3 rep depending on the level. It's a cycle quest and infinitely repeatable until you outlevel it, and then some other guard will have the same quest just with different mobs to choose from.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It's basically one of the few sources of rep in the game. If you're doing a quest there, or planning to grind on certain mobs, for whatever reason, exp or money, you might as well do a one-man-army while you're at it.

Since it's repeatable until you out-level it you could technically use it to get as much rep as you want if you have the patience. I've heard rumours that one of the solo quests, tiger striped areneids or something, actually has a reward too.

But yeh, rep is the only reason to do these.
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the rep bonus is definatley worth it ^^
    trust me, you'll need it!
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • BiggiSmall - Harshlands
    BiggiSmall - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Are there quests Like this in ETHERBLADE.