The archer, the wizard, and the petless veno

Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear
Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Etherblade (West)
The names of the Archer and Veno will not be posted, within this post. >_> They may, however, comment and reveal themselves. =P

I am a lvl 61 Wizard. My gf is a lvl 63 Venomancer. Now, she's just been the lovely recipient of a glorious golden Baby Hercules. So, we're being more practical and playing the game, rather than PvP. That comes later.

I don't like PvP much. It's messy, wasteful, and non-productive, when you have so much to do and focus on. So, I generally avoid it. As such, I have managed to keep my Gold Guardian Charm a lot longer than some people.

And so, our story begins...

We are sitting patiently, waiting on the playful Slitt to come by. Suddenly, this wonderful lvl 57 Archer drops outta the sky, dressed in a suit. There are no words. Just an exclamation point, on my screen. He wishes to duel me.

As I said, I don't like PvP and I would like to keep my charm as long as possible. So, this in mind, I decline. I give him my reason and remain seated.

Another exclamation point. Another duel invite. Another declination.

"Just one duel."

"No."

Another invite. Another no. These were followed by three more. Suddenly, things get...vulgar.

I get a lovely whisper from the unknown Archer. He tried to imply I was a female organ. I simply explained myself, again. This was followed with the "Laugh out loud" smilies, via PM.

My gf, who is sitting next to me, looking at my screen says she wants to duel him. While we were waiting for Slitt, her pet was away. No need to waste time staring as his ugly butt, while we wait.

I continue to decline, while my gf begins sending invites. Her pet is still in her bag, as she wants it to be a fairer fight.

I look over at her screen to see the countdown, and watch from mine. The shots are fast casts and heavy hitters. Ten seconds has elapsed. She still has more than half her HP, as her charm has not been broken. He has no HP and is declared the loser.

I don't laugh. What's the point? I have no reason to prove myself or laugh at another's arrogance. Instead, I start healing him. If something were to hit him....I'm sure he would find a way to blame us.

"Wtf"

I sit back down. She's got an another invite.

"I'll own you, this time."

Ten seconds later, I am healing him, again.

This continues for three more rounds of Veno on Archer action. The Archer only managing to break the charm one time. It could have been a flawless victory, if she had used any of her pets, but she was fair.

The Archer is...well, he's probably seeing red. He turns his attention back to me. By this point, I have laughed. Two decisive victories is enough to know you got owned. Why go back for fifths?

I get the invite. I forget a key point about the Yes\No option, on the invite pop up.

Pressing Enter automatically accepts. Needless to say, I am unprepared and my squishy butt gets handed to me. Of the two attacks I manage, between interruptions, only the first hits before I lose and watch my charm pop.

"OWNED!!" "ROFL!" "[Insert repeated smilies here]" "I owned you!" "C ya!"

The moral of the story?

When it comes to an epeen contest, never challenge a woman. It provokes her envy.
Good post? d=(^_^)=b
Bad post? q=(-_-)=p
Troll post? t(^_^)t
Post edited by Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Archers don't lose, they weren't ready, lagged, you got a lucky crit or you were potting. They didn't teach you that when you started playing?
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    ROFL!

Actually, I think that the reason he was after me so hard was because he was built specifically for PvP with Wizards, not other classes. =(
    Good post? d=(^_^)=b
    Bad post? q=(-_-)=p
    Troll post? t(^_^)t
    edited June 2009
    ROFL!

Actually, I think that the reason he was after me so hard was because he was built specifically for PvP with Wizards, not other classes. =(

Was he in PK mode by any chance?

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    No. It would have been funny, though.
    Good post? d=(^_^)=b
    Bad post? q=(-_-)=p
    Troll post? t(^_^)t
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    According to this, you deserved that one.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Archers don't lose, they weren't ready, lagged, you got a lucky crit or you were potting. They didn't teach you that when you started playing?

^ This exactly.

But Sgt, you forgot they didn't click on you beforehand, the RNG hates them cuz they didn't crit despite their godly crit %, they had no chi, they ran out of MP, and wtf you have more buffs than them :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
    edited June 2009
    ^ This exactly.

But Sgt, you forgot they didn't click on you beforehand, the RNG hates them cuz they didn't crit despite their godly crit %, they had no chi, they ran out of MP, and wtf you have more buffs than them :P

Lol, yeah I forgot those.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I didn't even Bramble Hood >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Payne-tsu 93 |Queen-tsu 89 |Shadow-tsu 69
    Pantsu b:dirty
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    archers cant win duels easily cus they get rushed. they need to gank and use their long range / dmg to their advantage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
    edited June 2009
    rofl

They were both standing perfectly still, at the ends of each other's ranges. XD From what I understand about the guy, he's only good for killing squishies. Even then, He doesn't have the HP to handle a true squishy attack.
    Good post? d=(^_^)=b
    Bad post? q=(-_-)=p
    Troll post? t(^_^)t
  • Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    archers cant win duels easily cus they get rushed. they need to gank and use their long range / dmg to their advantage.

We'd start the duel and I would let him run away from me, rather than chase him to try and get in close range. I'm well aware his damage would have weakened had I been standing closer to him.

I'm LA build, thinking about going HA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Payne-tsu 93 |Queen-tsu 89 |Shadow-tsu 69
    Pantsu b:dirty
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    from wat i remember....charms don't tick during duels, is that what u meant by "broken"
  • shuzan
    shuzan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    from wat i remember....charms don't tick during duels, is that what u meant by "broken"
    Broken, meaning that he took her HP down low enough that the end of the duel prompted a charm tick.

Silly archers. Don't you know that duels prove nothing? b:laugh
  • inbetween0
    inbetween0 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Archers dont lose...:D
    They crit for 400k and solo World Bosses...
    Theres a loophole in your story :O
  • Yunahh - Heavens Tear
    Yunahh - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    LoL,
    People in this game are so concerned about their e-peens.
    (Mine is very large btw. Unless you're SonOfPWN. Then I'm screwed. ._. He has an unspoken vendetta against me I swear.) >>;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I be on my Seeker now.
    ign; Amairah
    edited June 2009
    The only concern I have over any epeen is how it will affect my enjoyment of the game, and that of my faction. Other than that, I don't waste my time on it. I have no need for one.
    Good post? d=(^_^)=b
    Bad post? q=(-_-)=p
    Troll post? t(^_^)t
  • Umeru - Heavens Tear
    Umeru - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The only concern I have over any epeen is how it will affect my enjoyment of the game, and that of my faction. Other than that, I don't waste my time on it. I have no need for one.

PVP is fun, turning on PK mode makes no sense, why PK instead of duel anyways? Playing this game with people is fun whether dueling or grinding. But I agree that PVE is more enjoyable b:chuckle heavens tear ftw b:pleased b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nyan nyan nyan nyan.