Berserk!?!?!?!

Davechapelle - Sanctuary
Davechapelle - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
Hi, have a real quick question for you all.

Keep in mind that i've searched the forums and world chatted this question multiple times and I keep getting different answers.

When you AOE grind and berserk goes off, does the double damage affect all mobs or is it calculated on a individual basis (like crit).

I've had numerous answers and they all differ slightly.

Thank you for your time.
Post edited by Davechapelle - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Esteban - Harshlands
    Esteban - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Zerk affects all the mobs hit by the AoE
  • Davechapelle - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    I've been told:

1. Works like crit (this person was 100% sure)
    2. Only affects the mob you targeted( again this person was 100% sure)
    3. Affects all mobs in aoe (This person was 10000% sure)

Keep in mind they all have calamity axes yet they are all certain their version is correct, I have no idea who to believe.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    berserker effect is calculated different for each thing hit. if you hit 20 mobs, you have 20 chances to hit a zerk.
  • Lakai - Harshlands
    Lakai - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If you zerk with an aoe on the mob you have targeted all the mobs get zerked. Crit is independent for each mob.
  • _o___O_ - Heavens Tear
    _o___O_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i would like to point out that berserk and BERSERKER proc are not one and same like one person mentioned
    beserk is 2x damage but beserker is like genie skill freinzy, lunar duble/legend gold fists got berserker proc
    edited June 2009
    berserker effect is calculated different for each thing hit. if you hit 20 mobs, you have 20 chances to hit a zerk.

Okay so if beserk goes off, will the double dmg affect all the mobs in the aoe or just the one that set berserk off? I read through all the answers but i'm still confused :(
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    everything i said was written wrong. lol. for some reason when i saw you say crit i thought that's what you were asking about.

berserker is based off of the mob you target. if you hit 1 and it berserks, everything else you hit takes the affect as well. you only lose 5% to deal double damage to x-amount of mobs in range.
    edited June 2009
    everything i said was written wrong. lol. for some reason when i saw you say crit i thought that's what you were asking about.

berserker is based off of the mob you target. if you hit 1 and it berserks, everything else you hit takes the affect as well. you only lose 5% to deal double damage to x-amount of mobs in range.

Cool, that makes a lot more sense now. Don't wanna sound ungrateful or anything, but you're 100% certain of this? :)
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    if its the same as the hammers my barb son has, it also eats some of your exp. he doesnt mind that in the least, but it would really bug me...he loves those hammers!
    Hi, have a real quick question for you all.

Keep in mind that i've searched the forums and world chatted this question multiple times and I keep getting different answers.

When you AOE grind and berserk goes off, does the double damage affect all mobs or is it calculated on a individual basis (like crit).

I've had numerous answers and they all differ slightly.

Thank you for your time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Cool, that makes a lot more sense now. Don't wanna sound ungrateful or anything, but you're 100% certain of this? :)

you could, yano, go test it for yourself.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Whilst Zhenning I've had Dragon Breath crit's hit both single mobs and all mobs, there might be a seperate aoe modifier for the calculations.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    berseker owns, but the 5% hp loss can hurt while AoEing
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Just yesterday, I was aoeing some mobs (Like 7) and I critted, the crit had affected every single one of them. Around 7 crits all around me lmao Was great, so i'm assuming berserker would proc on every one of them.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    berseker owns, but the 5% hp loss can hurt while AoEing

huh? let's say you're aoeing 5 mobs, you have one targeted and you use drake sweep. If beserk activates on that one mob all mobs hit by the drake sweep will also be double dmg due to the beserk, but you will only lose 5% max hp not 25% max hp.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It is per skill, not mob.

If you Berserker with an AoE skill, it will affect all the targets that got hit by that skill.