Mold Stealers

Comments

• grae
    grae Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol prove it, kytari isnt jacked up.

what makes me really lol, is in a big faction on sanctuary, i quote a friend in it, "its ok to 'steal' molds, because youre 'stealing' from a nobody" but its not ok in TT/FBs within the faction, they always get their mold >_>;

this whole thing is just some dumb freakin gimmick to get FBs weaseled out of people, you dont need to follow trends, if someone else gets it on party random share they dont have to give it up. its not stealing, seeing as most tabbers dont do jack to begin with unless in FB70+

Yeah but you are missing something called honor, honestly I don't know how people that do that in a game can get on in real life, must be pretty hard, if you can't be good to the point of giving some "pixels" to someone who deserves it in the first place, I wonder how you make through in your life.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    grae wrote: »
    Yeah but you are missing something called honor, honestly I don't know how people that do that in a game can get on in real life, must be pretty hard, if you can't be good to the point of giving some "pixels" to someone who deserves it in the first place, I wonder how you make through in your life.

Honor goes both ways. The tabber also has no honor if he/she expects that all drops go to him/her and does not even pay for the rest of the party's expenses. So do not start with all this honor stuff....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Honor goes both ways. The tabber also has no honor if he/she expects that all drops go to him/her and does not even pay for the rest of the party's expenses. So do not start with all this honor stuff....

I dont agree with all of the expenses, but like for fb's 59 and above that need wines. If I help/provide the wines, I, or my team, expect to get the molds. Now if the tabber provides the wines, I'll gladly give them the mold if it drops...along with 3 stars. It also kinda depends if the tabber is a jerk or not. Like if they boss us around, which we all whisper to pk or not after the fb, they get the random drops. And RQ does not always pk after fb's. We like the exp and rep soo we are on our best behavior...unless they are jerks. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My rule on FBS has always been pick up everything. If white name it's fair game for random distribution. If it's any other color tabber gets it if he wants it and if I am not the tabber I won't touch it. If it's 3 Star or mold I will either hold on and give to tabber right away in trade. If tabber asks for any other item I'll hand it over.

If I really want a mold I'll just farm the thing sans tabber.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2009

OMG, you're f'n kidding right? Do you even quest? So who has to pay your repair bills, pots, expenses, etc?

FB's are easier xp/rep than questing, any way you want to look at it.

If helping someone is beyond your reasonable capabilities, STFU and go HH in the corner alone.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited June 2009
    OMG, you're f'n kidding right? Do you even quest? So who has to pay your repair bills, pots, expenses, etc?

FB's are easier xp/rep than questing, any way you want to look at it.

If helping someone is beyond your reasonable capabilities, STFU and go HH in the corner alone.

Your comments are rude and uncalled for, I was replying to someone that mentioned Honor... And yes, honor is a two way street, for the tabber to expect the party to have honor, he/she should be the first to behave im an honorable way.

You do realize that any half brained person level 70+ can make more exp grinding (by alot) than they can helping with FBs, right? Also, with a little planning, you can grind rep faster than you can get it in FBs, right? FBs are a nice change of pace from grinding, but they are hardly the best way to make exp, gold or rep.

FYI, this game is PWI, not PW-MY, so it is TT, not HH.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009

If the rule going in was tabber gets the drops, then the tabber gets the drops if they want them. I have seen that as the default rule posted by many people helping with FBs over WC, and it should not be unexpected that someone getting help from high levels with their FB would expect that they'd get the drops because of that.

It is vitally important that the loot rules be discussed beforehand every time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You do realize that any half brained person level 70+ can make more exp grinding (by alot) than they can helping with FBs, right? Also, with a little planning, you can grind rep faster than you can get it in FBs, right? FBs are a nice change of pace from grinding, but they are hardly the best way to make exp, gold or rep.

Also, I have no idea what high horse you got off, or what side of the bed you came out, but I do not see how stating something, that was a reply to a previous poster about honor causes you to go ape wild on personal attacks.

If you can not be civil, please do not post, and if you are going to make personal attacks, a little of reading compreension may do you some good.

I would agree. The level 61-66 and 71-76 one-man army quests can be done rather quickly and easily by using a 6 person squad and just claiming a field. 40 spawns takes less than 5 minutes with the whole party going. Depending on what mob is chosen and the party, you can even just do endless rotations, 5 people fighting, 1 person renewing the quest. 30 rep an hour is totally possible, and it is better than FBs for exp and money as well if the party is all within the same level range since you're getting tons of exp, dq and coin drops since everyone is within level range of the things being killed.

The only real good thing about FBs is that it is a change of pace, and is exp and rep that doesn't require much more than skill spam for 10 minutes at a time.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    In my eyes, a tabber deserves the drops. Their quest, their drops. I don't even care if it is a white named thing or dragon quest item, it's theirs.

I go by the rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

Heck ya, I would like my stuff. I did the cultivation. I earned this level. I got the mats for the wine. I made the wine. I got the quest. It's my quest so it's my drops.

It's an even trade:

Tabber gets drops and quest done = Rest of squad gets rep/exp and a thank you

Being picked to help with a FB Quest is not a right, it is a privilege. Last time I checked the tabber chooses his/her squad. So if you weren't picked then you don't get the rep/exp do you?

If the tabber doesn't care for the items or such then you have the privilege of keeping it.

^_____^
    {=^.^=}
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    edited June 2009
    If the rule going in was tabber gets the drops, then the tabber gets the drops if they want them. I have seen that as the default rule posted by many people helping with FBs over WC, and it should not be unexpected that someone getting help from high levels with their FB would expect that they'd get the drops because of that.

It is vitally important that the loot rules be discussed beforehand every time.

I agree with if you agreed to something, you should follow through.

However, assumptions are the best way to get you in trouble, so as you said, always go over loot rules/bank rules, etc.

If someone is helping you, it would be polite to offer to cover their expenses.... This goes for everything, not only FBs. (Only one person has ever offered to pay for my expenses for helping them with some regular bosses. I had none, but it was a nice and polite thing for them to do)
    edited June 2009
    In my eyes, a tabber deserves the drops. Their quest, their drops. I don't even care if it is a white named thing or dragon quest item, it's theirs.

Heck ya, I would like my stuff. I did the cultivation. I earned this level. I got the mats for the wine. I made the wine. I got the quest. It's my quest so it's my drops.

It's an even trade:

Being picked to help with a FB Quest is not a right, it is a privilege. Last time I checked the tabber chooses his/her squad. So if you weren't picked then you don't get the rep/exp do you?

If the tabber doesn't care for the items or such then you have the privilege of keeping it.

^_____^
    {=^.^=}

The tabber can invite an alt or a level one to a party, than solo the FB, if the tabber wants to keep everything. If the tabber needs help, than be respectful and grateful if the party you end up with lets you keep the drops.

It is a privilege for you to find a good group to help YOU. Any high level can make far more exp/coins/rep jsut by grinding than they can make running FBs. So they are doing you a favour for taking time of their grinding to help you. FBs are a nice break from grinding, but they are not better.

It is your quest that you need help with. Honestly, if you could do it with people in your guild you would not be looking for strangers to help you, and therefore that means YOU NEED HELP, since the only requirement for you to do your FB quest is for you to be the squad leader, so you could had invited one level 1 player and dragged him/her along while you soloed it.

I have no problems with tabber gets drops and stuff, if everyone agreed to it.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If someone is helping you, it would be polite to offer to cover their expenses.... This goes for everything, not only FBs. (Only one person has ever offered to pay for my expenses for helping them with some regular bosses. I had none, but it was a nice and polite thing for them to do)

That's because it's unnecessary to offer to cover the expenses of someone else. If you wish to be compensated, then charge for your services. You can want others to offer to do so all you want, but that doesn't mean it's necessary or make it impolite to not offer to do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    That's because it's unnecessary to offer to cover the expenses of someone else. If you wish to be compensated, then charge for your services. You can want others to offer to do so all you want, but that doesn't mean it's necessary or make it impolite to not offer to do so.

Actualy, it is unpolite, just because it is not necessarie does not make it not polite. You do not have to say thank you when your parents make dinner for you, although it would be the polite thing for you to do. Or when your friends give you a ride somewhere in their car, it is also polite to offer to chip in for gas, although you do not have to do it. But maybe it is because I am old fashioned. After all I still believe it is polite for men to hold the door open for women.
  • Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear
    Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2009

It's an even trade:

^_____^
    {=^.^=}

unless its like my 51 damn Rad squad Timero or something stole all three of my molds xHonestyx was in the squad too but I cant remember the rest of them those asses (except xHonestyx)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]When I am defeated in this battle a truth will be born in this world. And a fleeting dream will transform, slowly filling with color. And only when this ordeal is finally overcome, will my soul at last be allowed to leave my physical body. Then let us test it. Whether I..no. Whether my spirit can become a lance... capable of piercing through every one of you. We'll see if I am truly such a weak human being!

6/20/10 Last day
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    also, to contribute to jazmins point, how does someone DESERVE a mold? i believe it should be a random like any other loot, and the one who gets it is lucky and takes it home. it was fine that way all until someone started a weird trend :|.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    also, to contribute to jazmins point, how does someone DESERVE a mold? i believe it should be a random like any other loot, and the one who gets it is lucky and takes it home. it was fine that way all until someone started a weird trend :|.
    First, let me say that I agree that whatever the group decides ahead of time should go. If they want loot to be random, loot should be random. If they want tabber to get drops, tabber should get drops. There's nothing inherently wrong with either of those or any other method, as long as everyone agrees beforehand.

That said, the way most FBs are run, the tabber is usually the only one close to the level of the mold item. As such, they are more likely to actually use the item rather than sell the mold. In the grand scheme of things, it makes more sense for mold drop => person uses, instead of mold drop => person sells => person uses. Fewer steps involved = less time and effort wasted by everyone as a whole. So on average, the tabber gets drops rule (or better yet, whoever will use it gets the drop) tends to work better than pure random.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    In all my FBs, I have always offered to pay both tank repair (provided he's full repair before going in)/charm costs and cleric charm costs, though not all accept. I always provide wine, when/if needed. And my favorite is, I go through the bosses before hand and check out the molds that might drop. I then call the molds I'm likely to use. If they drop, I get to keep them. Any other molds/3*/blue items, I look at and see if I can use. The drops I can't use are NPC'd/AH'd depending on value and the profits split equally between the party members.

I always remember I'm damned lucky that an cleric and tank will take time out of his/her grinding to help me with this quest, and they will most certainly be paid for their time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _o___O_ - Heavens Tear
    _o___O_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2009

just shut your mouth noob. you must be a lonely butt hurt person to voice out your horrible character in such a way. what annoys me is that you dont know anything about "grinding" and yet you talk like some super high lvl player who got there by stealing from others while feeling smug about it.

lvling past 89 is like pulling teeth. but your a low lvl noob so you wont know this. there is no xp like a FB, unless you burn money on charms and zhenning.
    i and almost everyone i know in my guild, friend list, etc dont act like jerks and steal molds/3* items from tabbers. we do it out of our own free will and not any kinda compulsion. but if ever i help YOU out on YOUR FBs, im going to steal your molds and 3* but dont worry, i will NPC them and give you back the coins in get from NPCing b:victory

"parents make dinner for you"....LOL??? that must be this months most **** post on PW forums.
    just take all your fail policies and gtfo to sanctuary and live with those other item stealing noobs and poor guilds who dont have brains to do mold runs

i am sorry my english is not very good, but i am more sorry about you have no brains.
    edited June 2009
    just shut your mouth noob. you must be a lonely butt hurt person to voice out your horrible character in such a way. what annoys me is that you dont know anything about "grinding" and yet you talk like some super high lvl player who got there by stealing from others while feeling smug about it.

lvling past 89 is like pulling teeth. but your a low lvl noob so you wont know this. there is no xp like a FB, unless you burn money on charms and zhenning.
    i and almost everyone i know in my guild, friend list, etc dont act like jerks and steal molds/3* items from tabbers. we do it out of our own free will and not any kinda compulsion. but if ever i help YOU out on YOUR FBs, im going to steal your molds and 3* but dont worry, i will NPC them and give you back the coins in get from NPCing b:victory

"parents make dinner for you"....LOL??? that must be this months most **** post on PW forums.
    just take all your fail policies and gtfo to sanctuary and live with those other item stealing noobs and poor guilds who dont have brains to do mold runs

i am sorry my english is not very good, but i am more sorry about you have no brains.

I am sorry if your parents never made dinner for you. If you have had that great experience, you would understand what I meant.

Your knowledge of the game is surely poor with the statements you are making. I apologize if the character I post with is only level 77, obviously at this level I do not know anything about grinding..... (since english is not your first language, allow me to point out I am being sarcastic).

Even though english is not your first language, I am sure that the "Heavens Tears" next to my name actualy does not stand for "Sanctuary".

If I ever need help from your level 21 character, you do not need to steal anything from me, since If I set party to random, it means just that random. If I am partying with anyone it is because I need their help with the quest/FB, therefore I am grateful that they are spending their time helping me, and I always make sure to ask them if I can help with their expenses.

Not sure what failed policies you are talking about, you mean the ones where I say the party should honor the agreement with the tabber or the ones where the tabber should be polite and respectful to the people helping him/her and offer to cover costs? Because as far as I can read (maybe you should brush up more on your english), I have stated that whatever people agreed to before hand should be respected. Someone else brought up honor, I just pointed out that honor also applies to the tabber, not just to the party.

You need to get something done about those manners of yours, being a emo ungrateful kid is so 2005.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol wow and i thought zoe was dumb
    edited June 2009
    oO what do you mean?
  • _o___O_ - Heavens Tear
    _o___O_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I am sorry if your parents never made dinner for you. If you have had that great experience, you would understand what I meant.

Your knowledge of the game is surely poor with the statements you are making. I apologize if the character I post with is only level 77, obviously at this level

BLAHBLAHBLAH too much QQ

You need to get something done about those manners of yours, being a emo ungrateful kid is so 2005.

jaa jaa you live in the futur 2050 with super english language. but with all your master english you got the intellijence of a housefly. why is the point of "MOLD RUN" so hard for you to understand? venos is easy class to play and even housefly like you can play till lvl 77 without knowing what GRINDING is. at lvl 77 you are killing mobs near dreamweaver port jaa? once you go to sirry wine camp you will know how irritating mob grinding are. it gets harder from there on and on and only way to lvl fast is fishing and zhen.

SO all xp is very welcome at this levels and some people play for rep but noob like you might have only rank 2 till now so not knowing how powerful late game rank equips are. and thank you for pointing out Heavens Tear near your name, or i would never know....(since you are as foolish as a housefly i point out that i was am being sarcastic) thats why i tell you to gtfo to sanctuary where other item stealer noobs are located. you lacking common sense to differenteate between OWN property and OTHERS property. then please tell tabber to kick you out of the group when tabbing and killing boss and invite you after kill, then you can steal all you want.

and how weak of you to pick on my parents. you must be hurt real sore in the bumm to personally attack people's parents but its ok i forgive you and your sore bumm b:cute i again apologise for my bad english but if you have trouble reading my post, then read the other posts which say the same thing i do in better english and manners.
    you need to learn english yourself jaa. learn the meaning of "hypocrite" and "emo"-music genre derivetive and why must i be grateful to hypocritic butt hurt noob liek you?o.O
    with all your skill in english, you are a moron in not knowing its meaning b:laugh
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Your comments are rude and uncalled for

Yes, I'm quite up-front with my rudeness, while you like to think you're clever hiding your snottiness behind condescending and smart **** remarks.

My point exactly. Do you have a problem with comprehension? Perhaps English isn't your primary language, so I'll make sure to keep any further comments to you as simple and direct as I can, no offense intended. :P
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I've been playing since December and there were advertisements for FB runs(Tabber keeps drops) back then, too bad I had no clue what an FB was.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
    edited June 2009
    jaa jaa you live in the futur 2050 with super english language. but with all your master english you got the intellijence of a housefly. why is the point of "MOLD RUN" so hard for you to understand? venos is easy class to play and even housefly like you can play till lvl 77 without knowing what GRINDING is. at lvl 77 you are killing mobs near dreamweaver port jaa? once you go to sirry wine camp you will know how irritating mob grinding are. it gets harder from there on and on and only way to lvl fast is fishing and zhen.

SO all xp is very welcome at this levels and some people play for rep but noob like you might have only rank 2 till now so not knowing how powerful late game rank equips are. and thank you for pointing out Heavens Tear near your name, or i would never know....(since you are as foolish as a housefly i point out that i was am being sarcastic) thats why i tell you to gtfo to sanctuary where other item stealer noobs are located. you lacking common sense to differenteate between OWN property and OTHERS property. then please tell tabber to kick you out of the group when tabbing and killing boss and invite you after kill, then you can steal all you want.

and how weak of you to pick on my parents. you must be hurt real sore in the bumm to personally attack people's parents but its ok i forgive you and your sore bumm b:cute i again apologise for my bad english but if you have trouble reading my post, then read the other posts which say the same thing i do in better english and manners.
    you need to learn english yourself jaa. learn the meaning of "hypocrite" and "emo"-music genre derivetive and why must i be grateful to hypocritic butt hurt noob liek you?o.O
    with all your skill in english, you are a moron in not knowing its meaning b:laugh

With a Rank party you can get 30 rep per hour. Try to get that with FBs.
    I have not grinded in Dreamweaver since I was in my 60s, I was in Shire Wine when I was in my early 70s (great place) and I grind around Emmolation Camp at the moment.

If you read the "how to make money and how to level posts" you will see that the number one rule is "do not do FB runs", since in the long run you make more by grinding, once you take into account all the sitting around and waiting to people always end up doing in FBs. I can easely make 150k-200k grinding, a little more if I use scrolls. Never said it was fun to grind, however you do make far more exp grinding (zhen or fishing, heck even solo). Rank 4 on this character, closing in on 5, so I am not doing that bad.

I almost never do FB, unless someone invites me. I am usualy busy helping people with bosses outside FBs, since it is much harder for lower level players to find help for those.

Please note the part where I ask why is it wrong when I said that if people agree to how the drops are divided, that people should follow the agreements? That means I agree that it is wrong to take something it was not agreed to in the start of the run.

I am well aware of the meanings of those words, that being one the reasons I use them.

So let me summary. If it was agreed that tabbed keeps drops and someone does not follow that, that is bad, OK? The tabber should be polite and respectful to the party as well, OK? Please point out where this statements are causing you so much pain.
    edited June 2009
    Yes, I'm quite up-front with my rudeness, while you like to think you're clever hiding your snottiness behind condescending and smart **** remarks.

My point exactly. Do you have a problem with comprehension? Perhaps English isn't your primary language, so I'll make sure to keep any further comments to you as simple and direct as I can, no offense intended. :P

To each its own, you like being rude, I don't. If you think I was being condescending, there is not much I can do about that, since you are entitled to your opinion.
    I just pointed out that in this game that place is called Twilight Temple (TT), not HH.
  • grae
    grae Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    To each its own, you like being rude, I don't. If you think I was being condescending, there is not much I can do about that, since you are entitled to your opinion.
    I just pointed out that in this game that place is called Twilight Temple (TT), not HH.

It's really not a surprise someone like you is not invited to fbs.
    edited June 2009
    It's really not a surprise someone like you is not invited to fbs.

Sigh..... Getting invited alot and going alot are two different things. I do not lack invites to FBs, since most people that have ran them with me like that I always do the extra little things, like making sure they got their side quests done (even if it means a second run), and if there is any tamable pets inside I grab one of each for the party (if there are any lower level venos in the party). I also help them with their cult quest bosses, which is much harder for them to get help with (you do not see people advertising join room 23 for your regular bosses quests very often).
  • Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well sadly theres no rules that say that he has to give you that mold. unless he is in a faction with you and its a faction rule there is nothing wrong with what he did.

TT mats is a different story... keep that up and they wont have anyone to go on TT runs with.
  • Mullet - Heavens Tear
    Mullet - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    for fb79 and below, yeah, most ppl will go along with tabber keeping drops. But for fb89+, hell no.

I know some one not going on my FB89. Thank god you on a deffrent server. Stay there by the way.... TABBER KEEPS DROPS...
    "Right or wrong. This is my way of doing it"