Hit a brick wall maybe...on my Bm

ZNartist - Lost City
ZNartist - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Blademaster
My blade masters lvl 47 and its stats are: vit. 10, mag. 5, str. 143, dex 89

and i seem to die fast.... any advice on what i could or should do and i dont want to put 60k shards in my gear at lvl 47 that would be a waste of $$ and very noob.
Post edited by ZNartist - Lost City on

Comments

• vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Look for +vit gear, or find things that you can kill in 2-3 skill hits. Finding a partner to grind with might also help. Make use of level 3-5 alter marrow to match what it is you're fighting. Learn apothecary, make drugs to boost your hp ticks. Those +50 hp/mp for 30 minute ones are rather nice when grinding can use skills quite alot to make killing faster.

Maybe learn some pole skills instead of sword ones. Give you an advantage of range, let you knock opponents backward, so not hit as much.

But really, you're on LC, so using shards or even upgrading that low is probably a good idea so that you can live long enough to level. By now you've probably noticed it, life on a PvP server is all about what you can afford. Not saying that you need to put in higher shards, but common and average ones might be a good step. Making all your 3* or mold gear +1 would also help out considerably (if you have any (if not, get some)).
  • Eirel - Sanctuary
    Eirel - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    A little more info would be helpful, however...

More vit if you can afford it...if not, you need to use marrows and diamond sutra more often. Pots and herbs are useful as well.

This is providing that you are wearing heavy armor - if you are not, you probably should be. Also, crafted armor is not a waste of money at this point, so invest in it if you haven't been already.

Good luck :)
    Proud member of the "Fist/Claw Cult" :p
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    hmm you haven't screwed up your stats, you can always add more vit. Depending on the weapon you use you can either add a ton of vit or a bit, but anyway don't think that you dying a lot is specific to you only. At that level the magic/physical hybrid mobs do a ton of damage, only tips i can give are if you see more than 2 on you RUN! Also get rid of any sacrificial assault/increased attack/increased magic attack mobs first, may want to consider running away then too :/. It's tough, finding a cleric to lvl with helps a lot
  • ZNartist - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    will do. i might just change my char to more PvE and reset my dex and balance it out 51 vit 51 dex , or more vit little less dex. and then when i am higher lvl change it back.
  • Aragorn - Harshlands
    Aragorn - Harshlands Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If you solo your vit is WAY too low. I had my vit up pretty high, and now am evening out my dex from 80-90. Instead of buying 60k shards why not spend about 12k and buy a common shard? 5hp less per shard isn't a whole lot.
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    my vit is 86 and i am level 54...
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My vitality is 36 and i'm level 77. So you can do it man....
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DishyWiggles - Harshlands
    DishyWiggles - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My vit is 20 @ lvl 25. Its capped there.

Edit: wrong avatar, too lazy to change.
  • Bashusilly - Heavens Tear
    Bashusilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    you dont even need to restat. Just change up your stats for a bit, lay off so much dex and start adding to VIT.

But, without a little more info, its hard to say. What build are you? what is your weapon of chioce. Your str seems too low for axes but too high for swords or poles, and your dex is too low for fists.

At level 47, these are what your stats could be, depending on your weapon chioce.

Axes=149str/29dex.....That leaves you with 69 extra that could either be vit or dex or a mix.

Poles=125str/53dex....once again, leaving you with 69 extra

Swords=125str/77dex....leaving you with a spare 38

fists = 125str/101dex....leaving you with 14 spare

This of course doesnt include any gear bonuses and is based on you wearing heavy. Some people find it not an issue to have low VIT if you are PvE. If you control your sutra and your marrows properly, use life powders and or a charm, you can find survivability with low Vit.

But, if your stats are skewed, meaning, if your wasting points in str, your gimping yourself. Dex and VIT have more value to you if you have extra allocated to them. STR comes with deminishing returns. you only need enough str to carry the latest weapon of your choice, or in the case of Fists, to wear the latest heavy. I think, that if you look at those base numbers, you can correct yourself without buying a restat. Maybe look at a bronze charm instead, to get you through the rough period.
    Don't let my level confuse you. I've done this before.
    Leader-Vandals-Heavens Tear
  • DishyWiggles - Harshlands
    DishyWiggles - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Maybe look at a bronze charm instead, to get you through the rough period.

All BMs should have at least a bronze hp charm lol. and mana is almost a necessity. its much cheaper/more effective than buying potions. Also, buy Life powder rather than potions. @ 2.5k a pop they increase hp regen by 50 for 10 mins. Thats around 13+ a second in combat(depending on your vit). It's about like a potion and if u decide to rest, its 100+ hp a second when meditating
  • Bashusilly - Heavens Tear
    Bashusilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Not really true. I blasted through my 50's with no charm and had no issues. I made life powders and chaos powders and may have died once. I was mostly solo. A charm is a luxury. If you manage sutra and marrows you should never need a charm.

But low vit builds usually = need for a charm
    Don't let my level confuse you. I've done this before.
    Leader-Vandals-Heavens Tear
  • Yuniku - Sanctuary
    Yuniku - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Not really true. I blasted through my 50's with no charm and had no issues. I made life powders and chaos powders and may have died once. I was mostly solo. A charm is a luxury. If you manage sutra and marrows you should never need a charm.

But low vit builds usually = need for a charm

i agree whit u but not in the "But low vit builds usually = need for a charm" i have no vit on my build and i dont need a charm just whit apothecary items is more than enough, and by apothecary items i mean the one who give u 50 hm/mp per second and maibe a few who take 1000 damage for difficult situation but thas all

PD: i never buy pots, i get it from mobs and i use it once in a while when is necesary, just the hp one of my lvl the rest i sell it and i sell the mp one too (i dont have mp pots)
  • Xelea - Heavens Tear
    Xelea - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hahahahaha.....
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My blade masters lvl 47 and its stats are: vit. 10, mag. 5, str. 143, dex 89

and i seem to die fast.... any advice on what i could or should do and i dont want to put 60k shards in my gear at lvl 47 that would be a waste of $$ and very noob.

I think your stats are ok. You just need to know how to use your stats, weapons and skills.
    In other words you need to learn how to fight.

Most guides tell you about which weapons, skills, stats to use but they dont tell you how to use them.

The easy advice is Axes, high str, 50 vit cap,AOE and stunlocking.

The tough advice is to use fists/sword, high dex, low vit, magic canceling for mag mobs and for melee mobs: knockback, slowdown, bleed and range skills. and use axes with AOE for grinding.

For PVP stunlocking again + AOE is the easy advice.

If you search on the forums even on the other classes forums you can see the strategies they have against you and you should read them to counter acordingly.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    will do. i might just change my char to more PvE and reset my dex and balance it out 51 vit 51 dex , or more vit little less dex. and then when i am higher lvl change it back.

Until you hit 8x, I'd stop putting points into your dex and pour all your extra points into vit.

Your low vit is why you are dying so often.

High dex is really only important in PvP. PvE (levelling) you want to go vit build.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ZNartist - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    you dont even need to restat. Just change up your stats for a bit, lay off so much dex and start adding to VIT.

But, without a little more info, its hard to say. What build are you? what is your weapon of chioce. Your str seems too low for axes but too high for swords or poles, and your dex is too low for fists.

At level 47, these are what your stats could be, depending on your weapon chioce.

Axes=149str/29dex.....That leaves you with 69 extra that could either be vit or dex or a mix.

Poles=125str/53dex....once again, leaving you with 69 extra

Swords=125str/77dex....leaving you with a spare 38

fists = 125str/101dex....leaving you with 14 spare

This of course doesnt include any gear bonuses and is based on you wearing heavy. Some people find it not an issue to have low VIT if you are PvE. If you control your sutra and your marrows properly, use life powders and or a charm, you can find survivability with low Vit.

But, if your stats are skewed, meaning, if your wasting points in str, your gimping yourself. Dex and VIT have more value to you if you have extra allocated to them. STR comes with deminishing returns. you only need enough str to carry the latest weapon of your choice, or in the case of Fists, to wear the latest heavy. I think, that if you look at those base numbers, you can correct yourself without buying a restat. Maybe look at a bronze charm instead, to get you through the rough period.

Well i restated my stats to: vit.50/mag.3/str.143/dex.54. and what i want to do is make my build PvE and AoE! any advice on where to go with these stats?