Battle against Races

albinofox
albinofox Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Venomancer
My friend said there was a battle that both the venomancers and barbarians fought against the elves and humans is this true? When I first started playing this game I was dissappointed with the fact along with many other people that there wasn't another gender for the Venomancers and Barbarians. My friend and I argued and I think eventually a gender will be added to both classes. I also argued that that the Barbarians and Venomancers should be totally different races. They may both be part animal but the venomancer has a human body and head and the barbarians have a full animal/ furry body with an animal head. The barbarians should be kept in the untamed race and the venomancers should be moved to another race called summoners. If a battle was actually fought between the untamed and humans and elves I had an idea to make additional genders for both classes to work.
In the middle of the battle with both the elves and humans against the untamed, the barbarians begin to despise the venomancers. As the war is fought the untamed slowly grow in control over all the races by overpowering them. The barbarians become selfish and want to be the strongest race and want to take all creditability for winning the battle. They turn against the venomancers secretly. As they turn on them they are aware that the venomancers/ summoners are a powerful race. They begin to slaughter male venomancers/ summoners slowly because they are the strongest at fighting in combat compared to the female summoners, and if the barbarians make it obvious they are turning on them, they won't get overwelmed themselves. They start by killing males slowly so that the number of summoners deplete undetected and by the time they realize it they do not have the power enough to overtake the barbarians. The summoners begin to fight against the barbarians. They lose a great amount of warriors, mostly males, and the venomancers retreat. They travel to human and elven territory. They come to their fortress where many humans and elves meet them and drop all their weapons in a pile. They join the humans and elves against the barbarians and begin to repopulate their race with males. The barbarians fight the battle against all the races and begin to lose a greater deal of warriors. They call on all the female barbarians taking refuge at a hidden city to be dressed and armed to fight. The two genders of both races appear in the game.
Post edited by albinofox on

Comments

• Xelea - Heavens Tear
    Xelea - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    WTF......b:puzzled
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Um, aside from being a wall of text, no. It complete ignores the lore of the Untamed, and the fact that female untamed are venomancers (were foxes) and male untamed are barbarians (were beasts).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You know it is against forum rules to talk about other games in the forums.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Aliiceka - Heavens Tear
    Aliiceka - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    O_O

10charlimit
    这儿没人会简体吗?
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    first of all the whole "war between the races" is game lore, or backstory. there never actually was one that players participated in, so "is it true" isnt even a legit question. yes, there was, but at the same time no, there wasnt.

second, "summoner" is a job, not a race. just like veno is a job, and barb is a job (job = class). the race is, as you acknowledged (but still manage to disregard), untamed. and your suggested story/explaination fails because technically a "male veno" is a BARB and a "female barb" is a VENO.

so here is an edited for correctness version of what you wrote. "female barb" was replaced with veno, and "male veno" was replaced with barb. also race was replaced with class.

albinofox wrote: »
    In the middle of the battle with both the elves and humans against the untamed, the barbarians begin to despise the venomancers. As the war is fought the untamed slowly grow in control over all the races by overpowering them. The barbarians become selfish and want to be the strongest CLASS and want to take all creditability for winning the battle. They turn against the venomancers secretly. As they turn on them they are aware that the venomancers/ summoners are a powerful CLASS. They begin to slaughter BARBS slowly because they are the strongest at fighting in combat compared to the venos, and if the barbarians make it obvious they are turning on them, they won't get overwelmed themselves. They start by killing barbs slowly so that the number of venos deplete undetected and by the time they realize it they do not have the power enough to overtake the barbarians. The venos begin to fight against the barbarians. They lose a great amount of warriors, mostly barbs, and the venomancers retreat. They travel to human and elven territory. They come to their fortress where many humans and elves meet them and drop all their weapons in a pile. They join the humans and elves against the barbarians and begin to repopulate their race with barbs. The barbarians fight the battle against all the races and begin to lose a greater deal of warriors. They call on all the venos taking refuge at a hidden city to be dressed and armed to fight.

but on a side note, would it really be that big a deal to make male and female venos/barbs. not saying that a "female barb" would look like the males.. couldnt it just look like the veno, only wearing heavy armor and swinging axes, minus the pet? and same for a male veno, just look like a barb, but wearig arcane and having a pet. not saying that i want this, bcuz i really dont care, just so many people complain about this all the time.. its.. lol.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    this thread is stupid -____-;

that war in the back story took occured a thousand years ago, and was ended when the embodiment of a goddess, in the form of a little girl, visited liu chiuying before the final battle of the elves and humans. note the elves were at war with humans ONLY in the millineum war. so as an elf was pulling out an assassination mission, to kill general chiuying, the girl put herself in front of him, and took the arrow for him. the general shouted, GO YOU SAW EVERYTHING! TELL THE ELVES THE WAR IS OVER! in which, as the elves greatest assassin, did so and broke his bow in protest against the war infront of the elder :P. they didnt listen and attacked anyways, having one final battle for heavens tear. (The barbs and venos used to be slaves to the elves until they kicked their arses later)

you can learn about it in the cold reaper quest as an elf
  • albinofox
    edited June 2009
    I am only asking if the war even existed which I learned from another post it did. The only reason I posted this was to open an idea up for people who are actually working on this game. I think the untamed, venos and barbarians should be totally different classes. They don't really look alike. If the people making the game thought it would be too hard to add female barbarians and male venos (male characters with a human face and human skin like the female venos. Also with fox ears and a tail.) I added a sort of folk tale or fairy tale in other words to extend ideas and make adding the genders into the game possible.
  • albinofox
    edited June 2009
    You know it is against forum rules to talk about other games in the forums.

Oh you caught me. I am talking about Fallout 3. Have you ever played it? There are venomancers and barbarians in it too. Or maybe even Halo. There are so many spartans on there with armor you can't see if they have fox tails and ears or not! No I am talking about Perfect World, the only game with VENOMANCERS and BARBARIANS in it!

I also wanted to let you know that I just used 4 muscles instead of 42!
  • albinofox
    edited June 2009
    First of all please do NOT include this **** in here... OK! This just takes too much effort for me and for you to add this in here. If you don't know what I am talking about, I am talking about the "this thread is stupid." part.
    this thread is stupid -____-;

that war in the back story took occured a thousand years ago, and was ended when the embodiment of a goddess, in the form of a little girl, visited liu chiuying before the final battle of the elves and humans. note the elves were at war with humans ONLY in the millineum war. so as an elf was pulling out an assassination mission, to kill general chiuying, the girl put herself in front of him, and took the arrow for him. the general shouted, GO YOU SAW EVERYTHING! TELL THE ELVES THE WAR IS OVER! in which, as the elves greatest assassin, did so and broke his bow in protest against the war infront of the elder :P. they didnt listen and attacked anyways, having one final battle for heavens tear. (The barbs and venos used to be slaves to the elves until they kicked their arses later)

you can learn about it in the cold reaper quest as an elf

Thanks for the information. I only wanted to know if the battle even occured. This was helpful information. Thank you again. I think you were the only helpfull one on here. You can come on here and kindly tell me this isn't that bad of an idea, you can come in here and agree with it, or you can come in here and be goofy but PLEASE don't come in here and write down stuff like this. This is very aggravating. This was for most of you members but it was more implied for the people actually creating the game to look at it and get ideas from it. I am not mad at you guys. I understand that what I write is too long but hey I don't text, so I can't abbreviate. LOL
  • albinofox
    edited June 2009
    In the middle of the battle with both the elves and humans against the untamed, the barbarians begin to despise the venomancers. As the war is fought the untamed slowly grow in control over all the races by overpowering them. The barbarians become selfish and want to be the strongest CLASS and want to take all creditability for winning the battle. They turn against the venomancers secretly. As they turn on them they are aware that the venomancers/ summoners are a powerful CLASS. They begin to slaughter BARBS.
    This is where the correction didn't make sense. I posted this to clearly express that I want both male and female venos (both genders to have human skin and human faces with ears and tails) and female and male barbarians (both genders with fur and hair covering their faces and fur covering their entire bodies). This correction doesn't make sense because then the barbarians would be killing themselves. Unless you want half the barbarians to either be full animal or half animal (by half animal I mean to have human faces with skin not fur.)
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    albinofox wrote: »
    Oh you caught me. I am talking about Fallout 3. Have you ever played it? There are venomancers and barbarians in it too. Or maybe even Halo. There are so many spartans on there with armor you can't see if they have fox tails and ears or not! No I am talking about Perfect World, the only game with VENOMANCERS and BARBARIANS in it!

I also wanted to let you know that I just used 4 muscles instead of 42!

lol, great reply, guess I got myself open for it. lol

However, the lore that explains venomancers is based in chinese folk stories, and in those there are only female venos. You know, it is kind of why there are no male Amazon warriors.

I am glad you enjoy my quote :)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • albinofox
    edited June 2009
    lol, great reply, guess I got myself open for it. lol

However, the lore that explains venomancers is based in chinese folk stories, and in those there are only female venos. You know, it is kind of why there are no male Amazon warriors.

I am glad you enjoy my quote :)
    LOL! I am glad you think it was great! I thought you would be angry. I am glad I didn't get any worse than that. I am soooooooo glad I didn't I could have gotten a way different responce from you. LOL! I am sorry if that was rude in any way. Sorry! Do you want to be friends. This is kind of a strange place for a friend invite LOL!
    I did really enjoy your quote it was great! :P
    I hope I haven't affended anyone in any of my 10 posts! LOL!
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ...I think I get what the OP is talking about...It is very odd that fully Furred Anthropomorphic Animals like the Barbarians should be able to breed with the odd mutant half breeds we Venomancers are. Why should we be anime style animal girls while our males are fully fledged? I for one would welcome being fully fox rather than just pretending to be an animal (which is why I am a full Fox Veno LOL).

But whatever...I somehow doubt this will ever be fully fixed and we have to just take it that our science does not apply in Perfect World (which seems logical...just look at how high you jump and how far you can fall without dying).
  • albinofox
    edited June 2009
    This is probably the fifth post in my own posting lol! That is what I think! I doubt they will ever add another gender to them both. I really hope so! That would be awesome!
    You two made my day! I just got back from a long and exhausting project and am tired. Now I am not anymore. Thanks!