Dismal Shade luring

Options
Ayeshah - Sanctuary
Ayeshah - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
Is is bannable to lure Dismal Shade to the entrance of Secret passage ?
Post edited by Ayeshah - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If it AoE and kills unsuspecting people, then yes. They deserve the banhammer, and should sentenced to an eternity of ಥ_ಥ'ing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Why would you lure him to the entrance anyways?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Why would you lure him to the entrance anyways?

I seen ppl run from him to the entrance *running for life* and ofc they die and so do all others who are afk, or low lv >.>
    b:dirty
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I seen ppl run from him to the entrance *running for life* and ofc they die and so do all others who are afk, or low lv >.>

Hmmm never seen that one...b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2009
    Options
    Prep the banhammers! PUT YA GUNZ ON!! It's time to cause some major ಥ_ಥ'ing!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    well i entered the hiden pasage once just for fun and there was dismal there i was like WTF? and cause of the pkers it was dead in 30 seconds

SANCTUARY FTW!!!b:angry
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I could see myself doing that if i was extremly bored.. But id say yes, its bannable.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    What about luring Silver frost to the entrance? He does not AoE. Just using everyone to DD for you, seen that done once or twice.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Luring bosses for the purpose of griefing other players is bannable.
    If the boss has no AOE it is fine. I remember a thread where a GM gave a thumbsup to luring Soul Hunter into a safe zone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    silver frost is a boss/miniboss thingy so luring it to a sz is banable...i think

EDIT: damn asterelle posted first again O-O(<
    tried to make a awesome-sauce-face)
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    if u send a ticket to GM's about a guild luring WB into a town , to get other ppl killing it for you this WITH screenshots send with the ticket

no reponse , no info about ppl banned or anything

so i guess = not bannable , just do what u want to :)
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    silver frost is a boss/miniboss thingy so luring it to a sz is banable...i think

EDIT: damn asterelle posted first again O-O(<
    tried to make a awesome-sauce-face)

ಥ_ಥ

Copy-pasta is your friend, my good man. ~.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    A GM told me it's not bannable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    A GM told me it's not bannable.

once again i failedb:surrenderb:beatup
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If luring him to the entrance is bannable, then I would think you wouldn't be allowed to pull him out of his room at all barring running for your life. I know when I've done him for people, I've had them stand in a safe location while I pulled him into the hall between his room and fb 29 to take him down without the lieutenants and such bothering me. Is this not allowed? It's a pretty common strategy from what I've seen...
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    my son and i saw this just this week. im not positive it was a luring case, or someone who took him on, found he was too strong and tried to run from hiim. but the result is the same....unsuspecting players dead all along the path. we saw him in the second room (the big red one, not the entrance room), and a number of us jumped in to take him down, then son and i went to Dismal's room to keep an eye on the situation. outside of one player who was tough enough to take him out herself, no pullers showed up, so i think that particular incident was a 'run for your life' one, rather than a puller.

but boss/mini boss pulling is a really serious problem in the game, and i dont think the GMs are tough enough with those who do it on a regular basis. i see players i have seen do it repeatedly/reported for same with SSs included inreport, who are still in the game and still doing it... but GMs have no hard and fast rules on this, incredibly. for some instances, they will announce it is bannable (StValentine Massacers come to mind), then, next time i report it, suddenly boss pulling is no longer a serious offense....

for God's sake, GMs, **make up your collective minds on this!!*** it should always be bannable or never

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ಥ_ಥ

Copy-pasta is your friend, my good man. ~.^

ಥ_ಥ

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    if u send a ticket to GM's about a guild luring WB into a town , to get other ppl killing it for you this WITH screenshots send with the ticket

no reponse , no info about ppl banned or anything

so i guess = not bannable , just do what u want to :)

GMs will not discuss any bans, so you will never hear anything from them once you submit.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If the boss has no AOE it is fine. I remember a thread where a GM gave a thumbsup to luring Soul Hunter into a safe zone.
    since when has luring any boss to SZ been ok? there was a whole issue thread on last night about it and soul hunter 2 days ago! its always been a nono on chin, was a nono with jewel on valentines day, i dont see how dismal would be any different
    edited June 2009
    Options
    since when has luring any boss to SZ been ok? there was a whole issue thread on last night about it and soul hunter 2 days ago! its always been a nono on chin, was a nono with jewel on valentines day, i dont see how dismal would be any different

I said "Luring bosses for the purpose of griefing other players is bannable."
    Dismal luring is an examply of griefing. Silverfrost luring is not as far as I know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    edited June 2009
    Options
    doing so also to avoid being PKed is a nono too :P
    edited June 2009
    Options
    silver is also a boss- look at the scrambled eggs on either side of his name...and the fact that he takes way longer to take down than almost anyone else there for the average level squad...

yeah, hes a boss all right! and a toughie too! one of the toughest till you level up and get handed the quest for jewel... b:chuckle

I said "Luring bosses for the purpose of griefing other players is bannable."
    Dismal luring is an examply of griefing. Silverfrost luring is not as far as I know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
    edited June 2009
    Options
    silver is also a boss- look at the scrambled eggs on either side of his name...and the fact that he takes way longer to take down than almost anyone else there for the average level squad...

yeah, hes a boss all right! and a toughie too! one of the toughest till you level up and get handed the quest for jewel... b:chuckle
    um lol? look at his level, he got a quest recently to kill harpy wraith lol, which is stronger than 2 world bosses combined
    edited June 2009
    Options
    "Luring bosses for the purpose of griefing other players is bannable."

Let me highlight the point that was over looked. As far as I recall this is the policy.
    If a GM said luring to safe zones to avoid PK or for added DD was bannable I missed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ayeshah - Sanctuary
    Ayeshah - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

Whole of secret passage is not a safe zone, that's why i started this thread.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

soul hunter? litle help here?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

Yes. No bosses are allowed in safe zones.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i remember when I needed dismal shade....
    we kept failing at it.... >.>
    one time we had to run... but he followed us to the entrace...
    he killed every1 there until a high lvl person took him down
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Tip for Dismal: Put him in that corner so nothing can get to you (That corner shall be your small safe zone). PWN him then be on your way.b:laugh
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    edited June 2009
    Options
    give me one good reason to pull *any* boss anywhere in SP. you cant, because there are no good reasons. they are in seperate rooms, for the reason of keeping the damage they do confined to that room, and away from other players who are there for other mobs/bosses. there are many players who go in alone to get drops, to do quests that require particular mobs, etc. and those people are not ready or able to take on bosses. so to pull a boss out of its room knowingly is just plain griefing for the sake of being hateful.

the rules on griefing/pulling and such desperately need clarification and to be enforced with an iron hand....not the 'bad today, but ok tomorrow' kind of way that it has been so far.

Whole of secret passage is not a safe zone, that's why i started this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"