Which path should i choose?

lolblob
lolblob Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Blademaster
I'm just starting out and haven't chosen a real path yet.

I know i'm not going to do any PVP -at all-, so what's a good choice for purely PvE...

oh and I'm a blademaster, I didn't really make that clear
Post edited by lolblob on

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Go Axes, Go Axes, Go axes, Go axes.

However, if you want to have fun aside from AOE, go fists/sword and a bow and only use axes for grinding.b:victory
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, axes are the best for AoEing.

Swords/blades for PvP

Fists are good at PvP, but preferred for PvE typically.

(Go Sword/Bladesb:victory)

PvE, pure PvE. Go Fists ^^
  • lolblob
    lolblob Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    so for pve, how do swords compare with fists?
  • Bashusilly - Heavens Tear
    Bashusilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    With swords, most of your attacks are going to be normal attacks, you will usually find yourself using less skilled attacks. Swords work very well with just general PvE.

With a sword build, you have the chance to have more VIT. a (5str/3dex/2vit build compaired to a 5/4/1 or 5/5 build for fists)

Fists are fast, with fists your relying on your high dex to get you lots of evasion and more crits.

But, with a 5str/4dex/1vit build, you would have the chance to use both fists and swords

Swords ultimate is a very nice skill. Myriad sword stance does serious damage and should not be over looked.

With either weapon path, I would consider carrying a bow if you have the inventory space though, with the lack of a full arsenal of AOE's it will give you the chance to pull a mob from a crowd, and kill one at a time.
    Don't let my level confuse you. I've done this before.
    Leader-Vandals-Heavens Tear
  • DishyWiggles - Harshlands
    DishyWiggles - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Just remember the fist ult :). Adds like 80% wep dmg in fire attack to target for .... 10 seconds im thinking? or is it 15?

Fists are Pure PvE, get them, be happy. Its cheaper to level(less skills used, just bleed and normal attack with random aoelian(or w/e) here and there ) more crits = more damage = better PvE(also fists have interupt skills so u can interupt the cast of a psn mob or slow or stun)

Use Life Powders, not Potions, they are cheaper and last longer. u spend... 500 on a potion to heal like 700 hp, you spend 2.5k-4k on life powerder to increase hp regen by 50 for 10 mins(thats 13+ regen/second in combat which is like a potion)
  • Bashusilly - Heavens Tear
    Bashusilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Just remember the fist ult :).
    Use Life Powders, not Potions, they are cheaper and last longer. u spend... 500 on a potion to heal like 700 hp, you spend 2.5k-4k on life powerder to increase hp regen by 50 for 10 mins(thats 13+ regen/second in combat which is like a potion)

Totally agree with this. Life powders are great. And they are only a level 1 apo to make. Something like 10golden herbs and 15 nectars for 5 of them...If you take sometime to farm, they are well worth the effortb:victory
    Don't let my level confuse you. I've done this before.
    Leader-Vandals-Heavens Tear