Clothing Colors

Options
Klath - Sanctuary
Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Suggestion Box
Here goes a rant, click next topic button if you dont want to read it.

Pigment colors are awful. Period.
Only a few colors look nice on all clothes, and you never can find out how it will look before actually applying the pigments. The color shows up on small squares at the item description but it doesnt say what pigment is that there, you have to eye-sight guess it.
The npc that dye clothes actually show up the "try clothes" window, but it doesnt show the color of the pigment being applied there before hitting "confirm" button. So that feature cant be used either.

Now to talk about some mismatches on the Chain Pants clothing specifically.

Due to strategy pvp motivations, i decided to get some dark clothes, like everybody else (my normal clothes are TOO bright and im spotted by enemy snipers miles away, so i decided to be black, like everybody). And decided to waste a few coins on it. Result:

First i bought the top and pants of Chain set from boutique (with random colors), the one i believe to be the most used around.
pants.jpg

Ok, awful color, whatever it is (looks light brown).
So i decided to try a different color, checked Auction House, paid 300k to get 3 navy blue pigments, first i check google to make sure im thinking the right color.
Google Image Sample: swatch:HIB20_682_NavyBlue.jpg

Well, looks dark enough to my tastes, so i apply it, Result:
navy_blue.jpg
What the f***, that blue looks like a carbon-cartoon coloured blue. It didnt even look like anything a real life pants could look alike. It was really bright and really ugly. NOT Navy Blue at all (maybe just the skirt part).

So i decided to say "**** this" and paid 600k on black pigments.
black_pants.jpg
Alright, a LOT better, but what the heck happened to all the design details? Belt, Skirt Image, all gone, im a noob-saibot like image, 100% black toned. Its ok, it IS black, but it didnt have to be THAT black, making everything look like a black shadow.

Well, it isnt so bad as the others, anyway...

Today a guy announced on worldchat that he was trading his brown (coloured by himself using pigments) pants by black pants, so i went there to check how it was, and maybe trade mine as i am not 100% satisfied with it.
This is his color: brown_pants.jpg

"Brown"? Right...More like pink...

Sorry about the bad image, the screenshot was actually of the shirt color, which looks nice (if anyone know which pigment color is that, send me a whisper).

/rant

That was it, not to mention that a lot of colors have 2 names on auction house, or names that arent the tone "in real life".
Our beloved and helpful "game-masters" please take a look into those issues.

My regards
Post edited by Klath - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    You do know that having black clothes won't help in TW. People can see you coming from a mile away anyway its called the minimap.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    You do know that having black clothes won't help in TW. People can see you coming from a mile away anyway its called the minimap.

b:thanksb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I never said i wanted to be invisible, read my post again (if you even did the first time).
    But there is a slightly difference between just another person with black clothes in the middle of 40 people, and an aparently-flaming robe user among 40 people.

You can easily identify people by their gear in a multitude of people, but cashshop users go slightly more unnoticed since they are all the same. Even more for "naked" people.
  • DarkAngel__ - Lost City
    DarkAngel__ - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Do the dyes really do that? I've seen chain pants on my friends and faction and the pants part isnt really died. Only the *Flap* part is died, Wierd?
  • Mistigris - Heavens Tear
    Mistigris - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Do the dyes really do that? I've seen chain pants on my friends and faction and the pants part isnt really died. Only the *Flap* part is died, Wierd?

On my screen too. My roommate's screen shows the entire thing dyed though. I've always wondered which of us has the glitched graphics. A lot of things look better on her screen because of the way dyes affect the whole thing, like the white part of wingspan skirts etc. If I knew whether things showed up the way her screen shows them or my screen does it would make choosing clothes easier for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    images by ForsakenX
  • viixter
    viixter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    the graphic error is when the whole pant leg is died because this is the first time ive seen this (in the fashion icon itself and also in the cash shop it shows with white pant legs) and in my opinion it looks a WHOLE lot better with white legs.

no idea how to fix it though, maybe because all graphic settings are on low? maybe not ... maybe reinstall game XD haha

and i think the brown pants would have looked fine with the white legs too... and of course with the shoes from that set ... :P