Veno build

darknsoul
darknsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Venomancer
Can a veno going for str/int wearing robes solo the higher level mobs effectively?
Post edited by darknsoul on

Comments

• darknsoul
    edited June 2009
    i've read all those already. maybe i did not phrase it properly. i am meaning a heavy int build with the bare minimum str needed to equip gear. with the pet tanking for you, is it ok to forsake vit?
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    darknsoul wrote: »
    i've read all those already. maybe i did not phrase it properly. i am meaning a heavy int build with the bare minimum str needed to equip gear. with the pet tanking for you, is it ok to forsake vit?

I don't know about the heavy build if you are using strength. But I do know that vit helps alot. With more hp you have more time to save yourself and not get one-hitted and such.

Are you still going with magic weapon or melee?
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • darknsoul
    edited June 2009
    i am going magic weapon/caster build. i was just wandering if it was possible to just forsake vit and rely on the pet to tank, with most of the points going into int for maximum possible dmg
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think it's possible. I have heard of some venos putting points in vit. It helps for my build but I'm all melee so that might make a difference. However, it will give you more hp to work with so if anything happens to the pet you can quickly revive and summon and/or run without dying in 1 to 3 hits from phy monsters.

All offense with hardly no defense is frighteningb:shocked

Try it out and if it doesn't work then reset like most people do. Sorry I'm not that much of a help.b:surrender
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Read my heavy/robe guide. If you're planning on a heavy (str/mag) build, you can't afford any points at all into your vit. Your HP will be low but you can make up for it with
    HP shards and armour refines.

However as a veno your build shouldnt be directly affected by anything in PvE.
    Even if you did go str/int your pet would tank all the mobs in PvE anyway, so
    it dosen't matter. Heavy/robe build is for PvP because you're the one taking all the hits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think he means a pure int build.

In any case, Vit is not necessary for a veno. There are plenty who survive just fine with no points in vit at all. Just get good at using your pets and controlling your dps to not take aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It becomes personal preference as to whether you prefer more defensive ability to more offensive ability.

You'll still be awfully squishy in robes, but a little VIT might allow you to not be one-shot constantly, which is what I mean by defensive ability ; )

On the other hand, sacrificing points to VIT means that you will never do as much damage as someone who's put all their free points in INT.

Either way you'll always be able to solo (normal) mobs with a your-level pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dukess - Dreamweaver
    Dukess - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have a lvl 19 veno
    my attributes are:
    vit-9
    str-13(+1)
    mag-83
    dex-5(low i know)

my other stats are:
    physical attack-111-126
    magical attack-225-339
    critical attack-1%
    accuracy-45
    evasion-72
    attack speed-5.1 m/sec

is that good, besides for the dex? and wat should i raise my dex to?
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Wait, is that an arcane veno build? that str is only to wear your armour and
    weapon right? If you are don't touch your dex, leave it at 5..

(No idea how much str you need for level 20 robes)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dukess - Dreamweaver
    Dukess - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Wait, is that an arcane veno build? that str is only to wear your armour and
    weapon right? If you are don't touch your dex, leave it at 5..

(No idea how much str you need for level 20 robes)

my strength is only to wear robes and get weapons. u only need 14 strength for mystique robes.
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    if you go for the full int build ( 9 int, 1 str every 2 lvls) you should be able to solo higher lvls easily. as your pet tanks, you can do the dmg. and with a full int build you can do a lot of dmg b:laugh you can put in some vit but never higher then 20/25. put phys def shards in your armor, so when you get agro you will be able to survive :)