Mass faction immigration

Options
Arliana - Dreamweaver
Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Tideswell (East)
Well, I'm sure a lot of ppl have noticed that a lot of the big factions are merging together or having a lot of members leave etc.

How much longer do u guys think till all the tiny factions are wiped off the map?
Post edited by Arliana - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• AlexanderEMT - Dreamweaver
    AlexanderEMT - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i lol'd...

no new faction (with obvious fact there will be an exception somewhere) will make it...

and most of the small factions are already merging into other factions (i handled 2 such mergers)

its INSANITY i tell ya! b:laugh
    b:bye
  • Waywalker - Dreamweaver
    Waywalker - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Make you wonder if the big factions now came form over servers that they couldn't make progress on and aready have pacts to divide the land among themselves.. lol..I feel people are trying to get to big to fast..only so many players to go around on a server barely three months old
  • Papa_bear - Dreamweaver
    Papa_bear - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    All the ego's will clash in the big factions and people will just make their own factions thus the cycle will continue
    Executor of Dominion

Papa "Papi" Bear 6x barb of lovin's O_O
    ImaDUDEirl - veno
  • Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver
    Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    *Raises hands to the sky*

Thank the Gods that I'm in a small(ish) Faction! No egos, no attitudes, just decent mates having a laugh in a pixelated world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priest | Dreamweaver | Faction: Mayhem
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    Eremedy - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    That, what is happening is only natural. And so I have heard too, that most people who are leading the "bigger" factions have come from other servers (which is only logical and which I would have done myself) - well, it kinda is like a start from a clean sheet and doing this you see your own plan clearly, while the first "overcrowded" servers were already taken by those who made it there first.
    Sure is good to get to start when the server has recently opened - added to this you are an active player, you'll be on top with your levels and achievements in no time :)

One thing I have seen people leaving smaller factions is because of the small-level-people they have in there. Which basically means that it is harder to level for anyone in that faction (in case they are not in friendly terms with other people or factions, who can "borrow" their armpower for FBs and minibosses). Some active players would still love to go on levelling, so they decide to hop into a greater Faction, where there are even higher level people, who can help him/her. And that all is natural again :)

As for the really small and beginner factions - at the very beginning I think I was asked into one, well, it was inactive and it seemed as most of the people in it had become inactive. Yes, there are a LOT of people who just come and try out the game, decide that they don't like it and then leave without saying a word - they will have deleted the client from the computer, but the poor character will still stay and wait him/her to log on.
    And everybody might do that. I have (sorry to say this, though) done that in other games, mostly reach level 20 or 30 and then I get sick of it. Well, lucky I found PWI and its perfectness.

And as for now I believe it is already too late to start new factions (as we are not talking about superfactions, where the leaders and semileaders and other active people from the server's opening of some factions would decide to join their forces up - even though that is hardly unlikely because of the ego-play some people mentioned here before - yeah, it seemes that everybody wants to be leader and everybody believes that he/she can do it better).
    Well, here is the other reason for Factions braking up. During my month over here and over my current lovely faction I have seen it twice - people leaving to make their own Factions (maybe it has happened even more, just haven't payd any attention). Sorry to say, but they have slightly failed - I think that it is just because of that fact that the bigger factions don't allow for the smallers to come up anymore. All of the charisma has gone for those who already have achieved something (and I really do feel or have some kind of respect towards these and their members whose names I can see on the maps).

In a way, having literally this few Factions (I am talking about the "main" factions or these few which still have potential) might make you want to feel that the game is a bit unbalanced (because the natural "rules" of the play have been overlooked a bit - they, who got here first had advantage - like in real life anyway - but got as a bonus of knowing all the tricks and tips of the game already. They probably knew from the new start which class to pick, what stats to distribute, how to plan attacks on the fields and how to do lots of FB in no time, how to level with only quests and what are the best places for farming exp, coin, items... Even molds and such - not that you couldn't know all of ths from reading the forums first - but not many people do that anyway, because they are more interested in the game and learning during it - some even feel that forums and databases are like cheating - I myself don't).
    But maybe it is better that way, maybe it is not... Still I hope that the amount of the factions will not grow TOO small - in this case all war would soon end... And well, at least a half of the game's point would be gone.

As a hint for the factions that are still there, active and growing - DO NOT STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING! You might kinda save our Perfect World with doing that. It is always easier to go into an already "completed" faction, where there are people around to help you up, but it might not be the best solution for the community - Imagine if we only had three Factions? Having more bigger Factions, which even you have put an effort in for the making and growing them, makes the game more fun and actionful (that word might not exist, but you will understand :)).

Well, so much of my lecture - good luck to all the factions and growing characters in there!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Progrinder - Dreamweaver
    Progrinder - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hehe nice post!b:victory

Btw we 'll see what happen in some month when the difference in lvl 'll be close to nothing:) and lol I don't think we all want to be leader of anythingb:laugh
    But yeah keep growing and try to fight to get your place in the perfect world!b:pleased
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yes, not all want to be leaders, but there still are many! And these on the whole are divided into two as well - those who really are leaders and those who fail trying to be. And even many of those who fail will keep wanting and trying. And some will not. Some people just "have it" in them, some just have big ego and naive dreams (can't believe I'm saying this, because this actually is only a game :D). Still some day they might calm down and everything will smoothen up :)

By the first sentence you meant that everyone will be close in level to each-other? :O If so, then I would say - "I don't think so, Tim..."
    Playing tempo is different and there will always be new players who will ask for help with fb19 etc. Well, I think... Not unless the server gets really full and crowded :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Progrinder - Dreamweaver
    Progrinder - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Was more talking about the big faction and the "high" lvl there, soon all 'll be really close:) but yeah there 'll always be new player:)
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Now besides this I have noticed that lately the factions have been merging (yes, the quite bigones again). Oehhh...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lieal - Dreamweaver
    Lieal - Dreamweaver Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Now besides this I have noticed that lately the factions have been merging (yes, the quite bigones again). Oehhh...

Factions will always be merging, big or small, until the map is divided completely and we can see who's most in power... then you can start preparing for the forum that goes on in HT last time I checked. b:surrender

But in all seriosity, small factions merge in hopes to become bigger if TW is their goal or they just merge for the hell of it. Bigger factions that already have land don't really like merging from what I've seen unless they're failing. So chances are you'll see quite a few merges from the smaller factions and none from the top ones unless one faction becomes so overpowered that the other ones have to merge just to defeat them. =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yeah that all makes sense... Like Politics in real life and stuff. I kinda like it. Still kinda sad that I didn't discover the game a bit earlier - would have loved to see that progress from the beginning (now, all I can experience is the myths and stories that others tell:))
    The bad thing about it - I have lost hope of getting "big" in any way there (maybe that is a personal glitch again - just would like to get somewhere etc etc). Well, gotta stick around, keep going and I will see, what further Politics this game will have (oh all these stories about the "pacts" and intriques between the factions - lovely lovely:))
    Weird but exciting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Very well put, Lieal and Eremedy.

I hope we keep seeing merges if its better for both (or more) merging factions. Competition is a good thing for TW guilds and it would be quite boring without any competition.

I love seeing guilds who are not currently on the map, challenging for territory. I usually root for the underdog (David vs. Goliath type of thinking).
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Now that I have heared the history (and pre-history as well), even though it was just through one person (who told the story longer than my first post in this thread), I must say I am quite impressed. And honored to have heared it as well, of course.
    Now, after a short night of sleeping I can say that this is like Politics... Just without the politicians. Or well, from the pre-historic times (talking about the times, when there was no Dreamweaver and man, and the top people were were still in the other servers), in a point of view the moderators-administrators could have been seen as the politicians (not a single bad words towards them - I see the crew as an active and good working one! so my respect and honor(ation, haha) towards thou) due to some marketing stunt that had been pulled there (and that is what many politicians do too, but well, who cares! :)).

In a way I feel I was late, but in a way I feel like I came at the exact right time - having heard that the life of a popular guildmaster or leader is not quite the honey-licking, I kinda have started to unregret the fact that I do not have a chance to ever become one in this version (well, at least not the titel and the time etc etc behind it) - still I feel like anyone could become known in a way and respectful...
    Yeah, well, I keep driving off what I really want to say :D
    Still think I have arrived at a very interesting time - alliances and rivarly seem to be at the top. Mergeing and reasons for it... People leaving factions to create their own (even though I'm not sure if that happens anymore), then they do it, create the "drama", mostly fail with the guilds and then go on into other (even bigger, if they are accepted) factions. Yeah, like real life again :)

Ok good morning, I'm messed up :) Overnout.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fruscellla - Dreamweaver
    Fruscellla - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    There are some problems with Fraction merging. when factions merge the will end up kicking out the lower lvs thowing them away like its nothing and a lot of people they end up kicking out are the only loyal ones and all you will end up with is high players and there egos will mash and cause so much drama then the faction will fall apart.
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Very untrue. I have been in Calamity for about 2 and a half months now. We still have low levels in our guild, currently our level req is 65+ and we have never ever kicked out a low level for someone much higher than them. So please let that be known to happen to certain guilds and not all of them that go through mergers. If not then what you say is simply a lie.

The only type of people that are kicked out of our guild are those who:
    -Cause unnecessary drama in and outside of the guild
    -Has been inactive for weeks with no explanation as to why
    -Has not levelled for weeks or months with no real explanation
    -Refuses to follow the leader's instructions

There's more rules as well but those are a few we go by, which is probably the common set of rules for guilds listed above anyway. And the statement about egos clashing, that's not in every big guild.
  • Olee - Dreamweaver
    Olee - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I dont really think merges are so helpfull anyways, U getting 2 different groups into a faction, how that gonna end ? not so nice I guess so, so may they're looking for be more powerfull for TW, but when u merge u have to think in other things than only the lvls if not, u gotta ruin that faction and gonna fail in no so much weeks, why ? may because 1 group fight agaisnt the other, or just cuz some ppl hate the other, thats not good inside the faction.

Anyways sometimes if ure in a strong faction, than TW and **** it, may the ppl stays just for meet each friday for TW and get some money, thats the only way for a merge to work. So Mainly merges sux if, U have to find the right ppl and I dont think thats the way.

Cu Oleeb:surrender
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I gotta tell you, i see it too and i gotta tell ya, its going to happen pretty much everywhere. The main reason for this is because being in a high lvl faction with great succeuss, they feel more empowered, For example, if a team win a great championship or something (Say superbowl in NFL) the next day, a whole bunch of people like that team for their great succeus. It pretty much comes down to who wants to put in the work and make a new faction a succeus and those who...well just want to be on the winning team. the "new factions" are kinda a "pioneer" in some aspects and it can either sink or float. You can say anything you want like "i went to (any high lvl faction) because i had friends there or i hear the people are cool" but no matter what it comes down to that. But remember, all factions have their fall, nothing last forever.

~Silver
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Lieal - Dreamweaver
    Lieal - Dreamweaver Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The main reason for this is because being in a high lvl faction with great succeuss, they feel more empowered

I agree with that point; there are a lot of cases where people want to join a faction just because of its name, aka a big guild that holds a lot of power over the map. People that do that come and go from factions always and forever, and that's the way you can tell if people are 100% loyal to a faction and know how to have fun there even if the "big name" fails, or if someone is just there for the TW money, as Olee said. In my opinion merges are both good and bad because it can bring people that used to hate each other into one faction and that may cause unnecessary drama. b:surrender

But then there are merges where it just happens and the people that come in aren't as bad as you thought. It's all random and up in the air for what happens to these factions and the people in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mischa - Dreamweaver
    Mischa - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Very true Lieal, I for once, wasn't very happy with the idea of Equinox merging with ex-BP members. In the end I must say, that ex-BP members that joined us have been amongst my closest friends to play with now. (Much <3 to TLN, Super, Godess, KiZ, Ben)

I do agree that certain players shouldn't be taken lightly when it comes to a merge as they can be poisonous to a faction, I kept repeating to myself, its not BloodPact that I dislike, is the attitude of certain leaders and officers that I couldn't stand. if those would've ever joined Equinox, my story today would probably be different.

I however, also agree with Olee and Silver, you get to a point where all the strong levels will belong to 1 or 2 factions in the game, and then its game over for the rest, cause they will TW hoping that a daily 3 way gank will get them at least 1 land for the number spread/superiority or that after a while drama will break them apart into 2-3 new different factions. Honestly, I think that merger factions deserve a big maturity applause. It's not so easy for guilds like EQ and Cala (because both guilds, in different amounts have taken members from many strong disbanded guilds) to have over 80 players over lvl 70's and still manage to hold leadership over players under that level, that would be great assets to any other TW faction in the map. It takes a lot of coordination, power and influence to keep as many levels held down. when they can easily go to any other faction and be a real treat to any guild right now.
    It is why I find it hilarious that some players egos or high levels wont let them see past their noses... I recall a very interesting conversation while zhenning with certain lvl 80+ Wizard, after a very powerful guild took the land they just claimed a week before. He said, well 16 v 80 gank aint funny... to which I said, well... see why it is important now to have those other 64 players and be a leader to them?... I think he got my point wrong though, cause after that, he went on a recruiting spree for all levels b:shocked and I went BOOM... you know the rest b:chuckle
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Not gonna say a word exacly on the immigration topic, but more like on the overall... I have kinda started to hate what is going on. What do we have? Three(?) massive factions whom it is impossible for anyone to catch up aik?

Yes - unless all the tiny ones all realized it would be smarter to merge and if the "big bosses" in it realized that not everyone can be boss and would find an agreement with that...

Oh how I used to love the harmonic cacophony where there were no contrasting factions but there was everlasting fun for ever (not in this game tho). Well, it was another game and it had other rules and system too (4 nations and many factions within them).

Not much can be done in this current system anymore... I figured that the "three biggest" (or maybe there are 4 or 5, I have no idea anymore) will eventually get full too. Ohh, then we would have a couple of huge factions with 200 active people in it.
    Just try to beat that! You'll (any other random faction will) get wiped off the TW in a matter of seconds.

Two scenarios in saving our perfect world with building resistance. The good-case scenario: it will be difficult and hellova long in time, people would eventually have to realize that merge is the only way to increase your own numbers...
    And well, the worse-case scenario: impossble.

If this world is going to be seperated between idk... 600 players... What's the point in it? (Or is there any other point? End-game? Role play? Enlight me, please)

People please, think of the better-scenario or this game will become soooo pointless to countless number of people (people who are into TW and stuff).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If TW is all you really want out of this game, you should probably just leave this server now because the outcome will be the same just like all the other servers. So either accept it or quit.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I will be the first to say that it will not "Always" be like this. Trust me, I have seen factions come from nothing and Beat the high factions (been in a faction like that) but it all takes stragety, and Yes, thats the only way. I will leave with this, It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

~Silver
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Dreamweaver is a new server with a ton of great and knowledgeable players. I believe it's only a matter of time before we see more factions giving the current power factions a good run for their territories.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • Forsakensin - Dreamweaver
    Forsakensin - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    or it could be like sactuary where the two "boss" factions have always reigned and always WILL reign.
    Sarcasm is the best answer for idiots
  • Sumerisle - Dreamweaver
    Sumerisle - Dreamweaver Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    We have so many new factions forming in recent weeks on DW. I don't know what's happening out there anymore but I see new faction names everywhere I go now.

Anybody wana shed some light as to what is going on?
    Believe, level 2 Dreamweaver faction recruiting all classes. PM me in-game or drop me a message for more info!
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    No faction stays forever. People quit and lead changes hand... and lord knows, a little drama can destroy a guild. Strong guilds can fall, new guilds can take the throne. It's a strange world b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Sumerisle - Dreamweaver
    Sumerisle - Dreamweaver Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yeah totally agree on the fact that no faction stays forever. My point is there has been too many new factions forming recently. It was quiet for a while with a new faction popping up occasionally, then suddenly a sharp spike in new factions emerged.

Makes me wonder if there is something going behind the scenes.. or maybe I'm just thinking too much =P
    Believe, level 2 Dreamweaver faction recruiting all classes. PM me in-game or drop me a message for more info!
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Maybe there's just a large influx of new players? I only started playing about 2 months ago and came here with a group of friends. We eventually made out own guild because we felt more comfortable there. I think if you look hard enough, you'll see that many of the new guilds are largely comprised of lower levels. In which case, it will be a little while before they begin taking part in TWs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Jonno - Dreamweaver
    Jonno - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    All it takes is time, can't expect miracles and as Ophida mentioned guilds break-up people quit.
  • Ivala - Dreamweaver
    Ivala - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hopefully my faction stays powerful...although we dont own any land..