Venos And Blademasters

Options
XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
As you can see I have a level 38 Blademaster. So far he pwns in duels,pve,ect. (you get the point) And I have made a Veno to supply him with coin.She is curently at level 20.currently i can make almost 200k in 2 hours b:victory grinding 1 hr with my blademaster and 1 with my veno but i am wondering if my veno will be able to still supply him with money at later levels (as in 50x +) or will i need to level her up also please let me know and thank you in advance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
- Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
Post edited by XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I am a level 71 Barb and I have a level 0 veno suppling my barb with no coins.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Feinrel - Heavens Tear
    Feinrel - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    well, i dont have an answer to your question, but i have another question xD.
    I been hearing alot of people saying that a veno makes more money than the rest of the classes, how do you do that? I mean, a lvl20 veno earns 200k an hours? thats just great.

Tell me how do you do it, whats the dif between venos and the rest of the classes in terms of grinding. And gimme some tips also, cause with my BM, i can barely do 70-100k an hours and that with lots of luck.

TY b:thanks
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well, your veno will be able to supply with the exact same amount of coin as she is now. However, your 5x BM will need more than your 3x, so it won't be relatively as much.

Also, at some point, your BM simply being vastly higher level will mean you can farm more on him than her. I'd just use her when you need the money, and as she gains levels she'll be able to get a lot more much faster.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Xaikus - Dreamweaver
    Xaikus - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I been hearing alot of people saying that a veno makes more money than the rest of the classes, how do you do that? I mean, a lvl20 veno earns 200k an hours? thats just great.

Tell me how do you do it, whats the dif between venos and the rest of the classes in terms of grinding. And gimme some tips also, cause with my BM, i can barely do 70-100k an hours and that with lots of luck.

Venos generally dont need to repair equipment, buy potions, charms, or even buy the most up to grade gear. Besides that they can pretty much kill any mob relatively fast.
    NoQuarter: Friendly, helpful, and Mature. Recruiting players any level on Dreamweaver.
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    Aesprika - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    My BM and Veno make roughly the same amount, but my Veno doesn't use as much pots/charm as my BM. I have a Lvl 70 Bm and 79 Veno to compare.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    So far he pwns in duels,pve,ect.

yea... sure he does..
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    To put it simply, a veno is a vastly superior PvE'r. I have a BM (main) and a low level veno (money) myself, and if I were to try grinding on my BM, I'd either be using pots or meditating a lot, killing slowly and paying large repair bills. I'd still be making a decent amount, but on my Veno I could speed-kill tons of mobs with no pots and minimal repair bills. The fact I'm fighting lower level mobs makes little difference when I'm dropping masses of dulls and mats and such as well as the usual dq items and equips.
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    Aesprika - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    yea... sure he does..

Shut up troll.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm going to be blunt. If you feel that venomancers are vastly superior in PvE, and all you are worried about is lower costs and more coin, then roll a venomancer. If you actually want to have fun, then play what you want to play and stop worrying about what other classes can do that your class cannot do well at a certain level or ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    They can tame and sell eggs to lower lvls.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm going to be blunt. If you feel that venomancers are vastly superior in PvE, and all you are worried about is lower costs and more coin, then roll a venomancer. If you actually want to have fun, then play what you want to play and stop worrying about what other classes can do that your class cannot do well at a certain level or ever.

Hey, I have fun at least.b:scorn You better put most venomancers do this because I don't fall in that category (And I'm sure not all venos are the same). Heavy battle venos FTWb:cute which do have a repair cost especially on TT axesb:shocked but you should cover the cost if you grind alot.

I do agree to stop worrying about other classes. I mean geez if we all looked at ourselves than others then the world would be happier. Too much envy in the world.

As for the topic. I don't think regular venomancers make more money. They do have to pay for food or just buy a Blessing, then there is pots, armor, weapon, etc. They usually spend money on their pet skills (which is really expensive) plus they spend real life money and/or coin for an ugly golden fat guy. Though if they have fatty then they can probably solo TTs BUT that depends on the veno. I've seen some pretty EPIC FAILS. And some just don't do TT soloing in general.

However if they don't have those $200 pets then they make the same amount as everyone else (That depending on grindtime + items = coin). Then they can sell low level pets but that's basically out because of the legendary pets. It's just how you spend the money. b:thanks
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i almost always have my veno and bm in squad ill put my veno at some safe place and have her pet and my bm do all the work i mostly killl lvl 50ish mobs (long story) and giant and bigmouth pahranas witch drop a lot of claws thats how i make most of my money

- Frank Outlaw

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hey, I have fun at least.b:scorn You better put most venomancers do this because I don't fall in that category (And I'm sure not all venos are the same).

I was generally responding to this post :: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2828862&postcount=8

The OP said they made 200k in 2 hours between the BM and the Veno which is probably ~100k/hour with the Veno.

Is the 70-100k before or after repairs/consumables?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Glamourness - Sanctuary
    Glamourness - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    How the heck do veno make 100k ~ 200k a hour? I can barely make 100k a day. You share some secrets.b:surrender
    Thx Forsakenx for this awesome sig

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    How the heck do veno make 100k ~ 200k a hour? I can barely make 100k a day. You share some secrets.b:surrender

Farm dull claws, set kitty shop and sell them at about 5k each. Easy way to make 100-200k in an hour of grinding. (followed by catshop being left overnight selling the claws)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Venos generally dont need to repair equipment, buy potions, charms, or even buy the most up to grade gear. Besides that they can pretty much kill any mob relatively fast.

Speak for yourself... I repair a lot and I have to buy just as much equipment as any other spell caster. I use charms as I'm double charmed and I keep my gear the best it can be for my level as well as upgrading my pets skills.

Pet skills, in case you hadn't figured it out are roughtly 200k EACH upgrade. If I remove a skill that's 100k EACH. if I add a skill, that's another fee i have to pay, and it is only level one. To upgrade I'd have to continue putting out a lot of coins.

Contrary to popular belief, not all venos are rich. I myself have plenty of rares and decent equipment, but I WONT sell any of it to become rich. I don't camp rare spawn sites and turn to sell them for profit. I actually spend my coins, no matter the cost, on keeping my gear current and powerful. I'm not afraid to lose money cause I know I can get it all back in the end.

I can't say anything about blademasters, since I don't have a blademaster. But that's my piece on venos.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Salvation - Harshlands
    Salvation - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

cuz they don't use pots really, they don't get hit since pet tanks so no armor repair, and all they gotta do is repair wep
  • Kysay - Heavens Tear
    Kysay - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    No one is taking into account that most venos are obsessed with fashion. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Speak for yourself... I repair a lot and I have to buy just as much equipment as any other spell caster. I use charms as I'm double charmed and I keep my gear the best it can be for my level as well as upgrading my pets skills.

Contrary to popular belief, not all venos are rich. I myself have plenty of rares and decent equipment, but I WONT sell any of it to become rich. I don't camp rare spawn sites and turn to sell them for profit. I actually spend my coins, no matter the cost, on keeping my gear current and powerful. I'm not afraid to lose money cause I know I can get it all back in the end.

I can't say anything about blademasters, since I don't have a blademaster. But that's my piece on venos.

Thats a waste. You can't take full advantage of nature's grace, metabolic boost, or soul transfusion like that.

sure i'll buy that, i don't have a crazy amount of money right now

Now there's the key. I can go down to 0 coins, and with a little effort, I can be back to over 500k in a couple hours easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I take advantage of nature's grace, metabolic boost, and soul transfusion. However the cooldown times are awful and if I'm in a TT run where there's aoe and no BB, I need my hp so I can take damage. if I'm double charmed, its easier than transfusing and dying. The same goes for tw. If I do a tw and I die, its nice to regen with FULL hp and mp, instead of ticking my charm 2 times to regen mp or hp.

I try to look at all aspects. If you don't like to be double charmed, that's up to you. But I prefer to be able to spam my attacks and amp damage, even with the level 3 foxform. As each time I use foxform with a charm I tick. Its better than suffering a death and loss of exp or angels than not going with a charm.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I take advantage of nature's grace, metabolic boost, and soul transfusion. However the cooldown times are awful and if I'm in a TT run where there's aoe and no BB, I need my hp so I can take damage. if I'm double charmed, its easier than transfusing and dying. The same goes for tw. If I do a tw and I die, its nice to regen with FULL hp and mp, instead of ticking my charm 2 times to regen mp or hp.

I try to look at all aspects. If you don't like to be double charmed, that's up to you. But I prefer to be able to spam my attacks and amp damage, even with the level 3 foxform. As each time I use foxform with a charm I tick. Its better than suffering a death and loss of exp or angels than not going with a charm.

I guess i can see what you're saying, but I still don't like MP charms on a fox. I had one of those free ones from the box, and I went through that like nothing. Just running around switching fox form and back ate through a lot of it.
    In tw, I see how that could be useful. I usually just carry some mp pots on me if nature's grace hasn't cooled down since i don't really use those anywhere else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    my veno and bm dont pay alot for pots considering my bm makes em b:pleased and i make most of my armor and weps soo that helps and also i dont tele alot flying and riding my mount r more fun.(note: u should never carry a girl on a mount and ride through a spot that has alot of agro mobs as u might look back and she her lying there dead.as it oftens ruins a date)b:chuckle

- Frank Outlaw