Question for the GMs / Help from some players

EntityZero - Sanctuary
EntityZero - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
Alright, im in a little predicament here with my girlfriend. Im trying to find a way to show her how much I care about her and I wanted to bring the players of PWI together in an attempt here to help. So my question to the GMs is, can I basically ask for help and in return reward people with an item ingame for their actions? Basically what I wanna do here is get people to help me by providing me with a picture. The best 3 pictures will be rewarded by me ingame, and everything else will be featured in a video.

I want pictures from all over the world pretty much just having my name and my gf's name in the picture. (Allen & Julie) Like pics around a beautiful view of a lake, or our names written in the snow with a heart around it. Anything you guys think is beautiful. The top 3 pictures would receive a prize from me and a massive thank you. Those who were top 3, i still owe you all big time for all the help. I just want to know if i can do this or if the GMs are against it. Every picture is going to be compiled into a final video playing our song. It would seriously mean a lot to me to get a good amount of pics. I know im just some random guy on the internet, but still, if its in your heart to take the time out to take a simple picture, then please do. Even if its just you holding up a sign saying "Allen loves Sarah" in front of a beautiful looking tree, that would be the world to me.

Thanks
~Entity
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by EntityZero - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Um, not on the same server as you but might as well help out a bit.

If anyone feels like it then you can try looking up the Erg Awbari Oasis. I'm sure that anyone with even mediocre skills with photoshop can throw you names on a picture (unless you want it to be part of the photo instead of just added in later).

These are a couple of my favorites.

Water looks a bit dirty, still nice though.
    Would be much better if it was bigger.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • EntityZero - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Um, not on the same server as you but might as well help out a bit.

If anyone feels like it then you can try looking up the Erg Awbari Oasis. I'm sure that anyone with even mediocre skills with photoshop can throw you names on a picture (unless you want it to be part of the photo instead of just added in later).

These are a couple of my favorites.

Water looks a bit dirty, still nice though.
    Would be much better if it was bigger.

Im saying i want it to be a part of the photograph. Like, you standing in a spot somewhere beautiful around you holding a sign saying "Allen & Sarah forever" or w/e you feel best on it. I dont just want to photoshop in someone standing there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ok, kinda figured that's what you were asking for but I wasn't too sure. Unfortunately, I'm too poor to afford a camera so I can't help you and even if I borrowed someone's then I live in the grime covered city of Philadelphia.

Hopefully someone who's lucky enough to live somewhere a bit more scenic will be willing to do something. Shouldn't take much time for anyone to make a sign (even one that isn't just a couple names scrawled onto a piece of cardboard) and snap a nice picture.

Best of luck to you Zero and it's good to know that I'm not the only one with a mother who was able to beat a respect for women into her son.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • EntityZero - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Ok, kinda figured that's what you were asking for but I wasn't too sure. Unfortunately, I'm too poor to afford a camera so I can't help you and even if I borrowed someone's then I live in the grime covered city of Philadelphia.

Hopefully someone who's lucky enough to live somewhere a bit more scenic will be willing to do something. Shouldn't take much time for anyone to make a sign (even one that isn't just a couple names scrawled onto a piece of cardboard) and snap a nice picture.

Best of luck to you Zero and it's good to know that I'm not the only one with a mother who was able to beat a respect for women into her son.

Yeah im talking something like this:
    http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5265/portoportugaleb6.jpg

I just really need something to show her how much I care, so i thought a video with people from all over the world in beautiful locations with our name on a piece of paper or board or w/e along with our song would be really really good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I don't see anything objectionable about your idea, and from my understanding of our Rules of Conduct this is not prohibited behavior. My only words of caution would be for players helping you, as this is not an official event we have no way to guarantee receipt of prizes. I'm pretty sure you have good intentions, but it never hurts to be careful.

Best of luck b:laugh
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I don't see anything objectionable about your idea, and from my understanding of our Rules of Conduct this is not prohibited behavior. My only words of caution would be for players helping you, as this is not an official event we have no way to guarantee receipt of prizes. I'm pretty sure you have good intentions, but it never hurts to be careful.

Best of luck b:laugh

I have not seen u before b:surrender
    ur new or im just not paying attention? :P

btw. nice project, very sweet thing ^.^. hope u get what u need mate.( im sucky at photos sorry =x)
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2009

oh wtf i actually missed a topic on the forum :O. b:cry
    Welcome then ^^
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    sure. this is perfectly acceptable. good luck with it and hope you achieve your desired results! b:victory
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • EntityZero - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Thank you Dvorak and eatwithspoons for your responses. I wasn't totally sure if I could do this or not without repercussions so I wanted to make sure I didn't get banned here. Love this game way too much.

So then this still stands, I really needs pics from you guys. Top 3 will get a prize of some sort. Yes I know theres problems with people across diff servers while im on sanctuary, but ill come up with something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]