AoE grinding for clerics, locations?

Options
Bowlinbob - Lost City
Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Cleric
Atm im aoe grinding petalii hexkiss's (lvl 61) and was j/w what the next step is.
I doubt that those will get me up to 70 >.> maybe 65-66
Post edited by Bowlinbob - Lost City on

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Atm im aoe grinding petalii hexkiss's (lvl 61) and was j/w what the next step is.
    I doubt that those will get me up to 70 >.> maybe 65-66

Yes it will get you to lv70, my groups give me 0.5% and still a good amount of drops.

After lv70+ you have the lv72 versions of them, tho its a bit crowded.
    After lv80+ you have....forgot the name xD, but that will last you also for a long time.
    b:dirty
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yes it will get you to lv70, my groups give me 0.5% and still a good amount of drops.

After lv80+ you have....forgot the name xD, but that will last you also for a long time.

cool thanks :)
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

lol no locations xD
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol no locations xD

meh, as long as i know that they are out there its fine :P ill find em

P.S. didn't really want exact locations o_O then it would give more people the locationb:surrender (or certain people would hunt me down)
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The level 72 Orchid Petalis are right outside Village of the Lost, which is just north of Forest of Haze.

And the level 85 Malicious Cadevils are all around Thousand Streams; you cannot miss them. Their poison stacks are really strong though, so be careful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • shuzan
    shuzan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I always found the 72 orchid petalis south of Village of Lost to be too crowded. They're quest mobs and right next to a town; two things that you don't want. b:surrender

My current spot is the Celestial Hexoc's south of Sanctuary. As long as you avoid that elite mob wandering around there, you're gold.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The level 72 Orchid Petalis are right outside Village of the Lost, which is just north of Forest of Haze.

And the level 85 Malicious Cadevils are all around Thousand Streams; you cannot miss them. Their poison stacks are really strong though, so be careful.

b:thanksthanks
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hetali give me more drops than Orchids (72)...b:cry But I have to pull such a huge amount to get decent exp that it's crazy: Almost the entire the field + mobs walking on mountains located west of the Sea of Reality b:shocked near the Khulu mobs
    I always found the 72 orchid petalis south of Village of Lost to be too crowded.
    1 location is near the town, but if you go a bit east near the mountain there are some as well... They are more spread out but if you don't pull large amounts off mobs then it will work for you, cause there is rarely anyone there (Well besides yours truly b:pleased)
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I only did the AOE grind thing for a little while after I hit 60 until I discovered zhenning. lol

You make more money with the AOE grind, but the xp comes faster with the zhen. I just had to break from it long enough to catch up with my quests every so often. ^^

I guess my next step will be party grinding at the Butterflies... lol
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I used to AOE grind, until I find out that the drops really really blow for AOE grinding...

Well, personally you should only AOE grind on mobs if you really stack tons of Wood Resist, Have nice HP (more important than Wood Resist), and always have an Instant heal HP (not those failed HP over time pots that takes forever to work) or a HP Charm.

Anyhow, I don't AOE grind... It sucks my monies away b:cry
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    rly O_o lv64-66 were the best for me, could get a huge pull and drop rate was god like b:flower
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I used to AOE grind, until I find out that the drops really really blow for AOE grinding...

Well, personally you should only AOE grind on mobs if you really stack tons of Wood Resist, Have nice HP (more important than Wood Resist), and always have an Instant heal HP (not those failed HP over time pots that takes forever to work) or a HP Charm.

Anyhow, I don't AOE grind... It sucks my monies away b:cry

o_o rly? im making around like.. 150k an hour there i think. And yea, I can only handle up to 15 or so with my gear atm, (usually doesnt tick my charm, highest they hit me for is around 1000 before i purify.
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    shuzan wrote: »
    My current spot is the Celestial Hexoc's south of Sanctuary. As long as you avoid that elite mob wandering around there, you're gold.

I use to grind at the same spot now. It takes too long to pull 30+ level 61 petalis to make it worth killing but on the other side the level 73 hexocs die really slowly so I always get somebody to help me killing.

Btw you need a lot of wood resist there, I recommend over 10k, these things seem to be attacking faster than petalis.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    o_o rly? im making around like.. 150k an hour there i think. And yea, I can only handle up to 15 or so with my gear atm, (usually doesnt tick my charm, highest they hit me for is around 1000 before i purify.

150k an hour is the same as normal grinding if you sell all DQ drops.

Anyhow, I just don't wanna use the effort to AOE grind when normal grinding is a hella safer... (Fly near Physical Range + 700+ Poison stack on you = Death). So yea, that's like why I stop using AOE grinds... b:surrender.

So anyhow, you do get more EXP and spirit with kinda the same drops, but meh...the drops are hella nerfed if you use AOE grind. And the time and effort it takes to round up all those mobs can just be countered if you die <.<.... (And AOE grind = lots of deaths if you don't have a charm)
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    150k an hour is the same as normal grinding if you sell all DQ drops.

Anyhow, I just don't wanna use the effort to AOE grind when normal grinding is a hella safer... (Fly near Physical Range + 700+ Poison stack on you = Death). So yea, that's like why I stop using AOE grinds... b:surrender.

So anyhow, you do get more EXP and spirit with kinda the same drops, but meh...the drops are hella nerfed if you use AOE grind. And the time and effort it takes to round up all those mobs can just be countered if you die <.<.... (And AOE grind = lots of deaths if you don't have a charm)

to each his own :P

Ive recently started rounding them up with my mount, its a little faster when i do it right.

I like aoe better than 1 v 1 for 2 reasons.

1. mana effeciency seems better with aoe.
    2. 1 v 1 bores the hell out of me, sure its safer, but if I want to stay logged in for long, I need some entertainment/focus.
  • Padixeric - Sanctuary
    Padixeric - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hy torsay - was fun with ya @sanct b:victory

was passing by on those vipions near jewel recently, just for fun i went on and collected 'a few' of them, drops suck (at my lvl anyhow) but was fun ^^

i suggest them, if you're around their lvl and petalis are too crowded.

since jewel is quite near nobody seems to be there b:laugh

and watch out for the random 'can you help with jewel ?' b:chuckle
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    Azazel - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ...I feel ashamed...I only have 7k5 wood resist T.T
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Silly clerics. You should be using your pets to AOE with. Take your BM to Night Scream. The Exp is good and you'll end up with about 150-200k/Hr.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Silly clerics. You should be using your pets to AOE with. Take your BM to Night Scream. The Exp is good and you'll end up with about 150-200k/Hr.

yea i have a lvl 67(ish) BM that I aoe grind with on occasion at Pirates by Dreamweaver, but what am I to do when he's not online b:puzzled

If anything, I like to put on a show when i aoe b:dirty Idk about you guys, but theres always someone questing in the area and comes real close to me and watches. (had a cleric ask if i was crazy yesterday)
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options

i ahve about 5.5k lol so no nothin to be ashamed of? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    But why do the drop rates suck??? It's not fair! When I'm helping a bm with Aoe grinding the drops are just fine. Why is it always me?? b:cry
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Azazel - Dreamweaver

um... 9k... <.<
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options

Lol dont be ^^

Yeah, but they tend to over do it and ofc you pay the price >.>
    Solo aoe is somewhat safer for me xxD
    yea i have a lvl 67(ish) BM that I aoe grind with on occasion at Pirates by Dreamweaver, but what am I to do when he's not online b:puzzled

If anything, I like to put on a show when i aoe b:dirty Idk about you guys, but theres always someone questing in the area and comes real close to me and watches. (had a cleric ask if i was crazy yesterday)

Yeah i am sure who ever tried it got "you are crazy" at least once lol
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hy torsay - was fun with ya @sanct b:victory

was passing by on those vipions near jewel recently, just for fun i went on and collected 'a few' of them, drops suck (at my lvl anyhow) but was fun ^^

i suggest them, if you're around their lvl and petalis are too crowded.

since jewel is quite near nobody seems to be there b:laugh

and watch out for the random 'can you help with jewel ?' b:chuckle

hey Pad :) ... yeah it was fun. I had another dying day yesterday :D ... but some wiz helped me there, he even kept giving me focus powders to speed it up. He said it was like chopping woods there killing those palms. :P

When I make it to level 70 I will start going near 1k stream more often. To kill level 85 poison mobs with some level 80 wiz. I still die there too often but maybe I wont need a cleric to help there at 70. Who knows.

Killing mobs one after another by single attacks is out of question. :P

You can inherit my level 60 chest with about 1,7k wood resist when I hit 70 if you are interested in aoe exping, Alyyy.
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    Aeneas - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

But killing stuff yourself is so much more fun b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]