Azazel - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    barbarian> nix> cleric =))
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Define powerful, cause I have no idea what you mean.

Y is this in the Clerics section anyway?
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Define powerful, cause I have no idea what you mean.

Y is this in the Clerics section anyway?

agree on this lol or maybe he just wanted to know what clerics think
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sleekit - Heavens Tear
    Sleekit - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You mean "Which is the most powerful class"?
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Just for straight up damage potential: Wizard.

For being able be chewed on for extended periods of time by something (or things) that would eat anything else in one bite: Barb

For a pretty flexible role in any party, well rounded for some tanking and DD and some hellacious stuns (which can make them a nightmare in PvP): BM

Able to solo/kill almost anything short of God: Veno

For keeping the tank alive while he's being chewed on, tanking magic bosses (Wizards do well with this too of course), even acting as a backup DD: Cleric

For massive crit damage, PvP: Archer

So yeah, it comes down to what you consider as powerful, or what type of role you want to be powerful in, and how you play it. Any class can be powerful, and conversely any class can fail.
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    its barbs. hands down.
    Hell barbarian with all skill books can have over 50% crit rate at any given moment after bestial onslaught, add berzerk axes to that and its deadly.

Perdition/Armageddon can 1hit light/robe classes if it zerks or crits, and if the opponent has terrible gear you don't need either.

tree of protection (genie) gives you about 20k hp for 6 seconds + heals you.

Barbs can amplify+tree of protection+ perdition/armaggedon and wreck an opponent if timed right. The amp from the genie adds 20% damage (at lv1 with base genie stats) and tree of protection boost your HP by 60% for a couple seconds, during which you can perdition for basically double damage.
    If hell barb, add 10% more dmg from Perdition.

barb mighty swing with 50% stun chance or 60% if hell, never misses now.
    Sooo with the new expansion came genies, which everyone has been babbling about nonstop, which left the new buff to barb skills unnoticed.

Mighty swing not missing?
    Hell true form 80% movement speed?
    bestial rage absorbs magic damage when used?

None of these (and there are more) were mentioned in the patch notes and all I want to know is WHY?

Berserk axes already made barbarian class overpowered because it allowed the tanker class to officially 1shot any robe/LA class, and if not 1shot then mow them down with ease. But with this buff to their skills it makes barbarians even MORE ridiculous, because they were overpowered before, now it's just broken.

Combined with genie skills such as 50(60?)% reduced damage, tree of protection, etc, how is anyone supposed to deal with them?

I'd rather have to deal with a phoenix then a barb at this point, even if you took away blood clot and/or healing.
    It's already hard enough to kill a wb in 10 seconds and now you can save even more time for your heiro to tick. WB's hit ****ing hard and onslaught **** people. If a wb has the ability to tank four people their damage shouldn't one shot people.
    Tree of protection + extreme poison + perdition = GG

all the more reason to stay the hell away from them.
    Untamed class has always been slightly OP in this game <.<
    And it goes for both venos and barbs. Hard as fk to kill due to godly skills and nice hp-mod per vita. Can tank alot of ppl and still **** face dmg wise. Barbs have together with wiz the strongest ulti of all. Difference is barbs can tank a full pk-party. Wizzies are kinda squishy and can get 1-3 shoot. Genies also gives barbs skills that add even more dmg + ability to chainstun + the fact that mighty swing dont miss anymore since patch.

Clerics, archers, wiz, BM cant really compete 1v1 if same lvl and gear against either barb or nix. We can like tick a barbs charm and try to fly away. I mean there is a reason most nix owners only fear barbs b:surrender. And a reason barbs hate nix owners.
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Bows_Spirit - Lost City
    Bows_Spirit - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    posting that question in cleric forums... yea i knew it, cleric gets the most votes but yea... archers ftw
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I would say BM,Archer,Cleric,Wizard,Veno/Nix and Barb.This if you are referring to pvp who take on a Cleric.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I say Archer for their godly crits =x
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Kurovanova - Harshlands
    Kurovanova - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    clerics FTW!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy veno in training!b:cute
    I need a Herc so bad...b:cry
    Elves are cute.b:dirty
    This is the last bear--->b:bye
  • kamalt
    kamalt Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i would say cleric with there shot im only lvl 13 with my cleric and i hit 756
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    clerics are by no means the most powerful class in any way except healing and are mostly irrelevant in most situations where the amount of recieved damage is low. But ofcourse we can stand our ground to some extent.
    Which other race is the most powerful, I don't know.We all have our good and bad things.

btw: necro....
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    kamalt wrote: »

try a wiz b:avoid
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    kamalt wrote: »

b:sweat

Cue music:

See how that post by Kurovanova was in June of 2009?

Quoted from the rules on http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5415832&postcount=3

(can't directly quote as there is no link)

"Necromancy: Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread. Posting in a dead (necro) thread will cause it to be locked. Repeated posting of dead threads can result in a ban from forums/game."

Please don't necro threads b:bye
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray