FB Mold Drop Rule?

Options

Comments

• Lwyna - Sanctuary
    Lwyna - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Do all veno's have such huge ego's as the few arrogant posters in this thread?

I mean if you were remotely useful as a cleric I'd understand. But I mean... Does anyone want your help/presence to begin with?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ^
    ouch...that is not very nice at all. maybe at later levels you'd understand, but venos make great members in a squad, be it FB or TT. i mean, if the squad talk it out beforehand and agree that tabber keeps all drops and the rest of the squad agrees with it, by all means stick to that. i think holy's pissed when people demand drops when he/she didnt know it was expected of him/her (which is it?)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    Jertor - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    yeah o agree with u especially when i offered to do an untabbed fb39 and solo it we got a mold drop and the noob ran off with it i got absolutly nothing out of that run last time i do that
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think I know what Holy means in their posts, so let me try to clarify it for others and hopefully Holy will correct me where I am wrong.

They bring up us doing our own questing for a reason. Not to point out "it was hard for us so should be for you" **** people are trying to derail them with. But because of the attitude people held back then was much more friendly and respectful. We knew eachother at least in passing usually, and would tak back and forth during the fight. We would have good moments and feel pride in doing a difficult situation well, and rib eachother over silly mistakes made. It was enjoyable to do, and molds were understood as going to whoever could use it for their character. Only clerics got screwed by the rule, since often there would be 2 in the party. But I never saw any problems pop up even with drops.

And at the end, when there would be people 10-20 lvls higher doing the run, they would usually be thanked. Also there was the possibility of recruiting the player into the guild, and possibly getting good PR for helping out.

Now flash forward to today. There is no personal interaction off the bat, almost works like a classified ad nowadays. Group thrown together, and someone you don't know starts demanding right away. Already, not fun to deal with. Then you go through doing all the work for the most part, and get nitpicked about each drop that falls. It is almost as if you need to ask mother may I at times from what I've heard. Now after this horrific ordeal in which you get some rep while losing at least half the XP you would ordinarily get, at least, you can end up with more fussing, no thanks, and no real possibility of recruiting unless in a guild just starting out.

With all these, it really does seem strange people keep doing the FBs with the rising demands made by the tabbers. Helping out someone who is a nice person when you're bored is fine, but helping out a spoiled brat I can't see the allure of at all. It will be interesting to see what happens should they add rep items into the CS. How many complaints will happen when high lvls would rather get 4% xp over .3% and still the same amount of rep with extra cash to boot.
  • Qqmoar - Harshlands
    Qqmoar - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    maybe you take it personally that i left rebirth? .

You're a stroke. Who would give a rat's **** that you left. Crappy player is crappy.
  • Kimicat - Sanctuary
    Kimicat - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    reading everything here is making me sad.... am i the only one who likes doing fbs and quests for lower lvls cause i think its fun? also i dont care about getting something in return cause i dont know i do it out of the goodness of my heart? come on people seriously.... if u dont want to do it then dont quit complaining

btw i have had some really BAD fb expiriences in my gaming career... my fb 51 was horrible! it was done by a major faction and they didnt want to stay too long cause they didnt want to be late for TW. they left me in the last boss room with no timer and also they refused to finish my mobs that i had. u know what happened? my fellow factioneers all around the same level as me went in and finished the fb thats what happened....
  • Kraanium - Sanctuary
    Kraanium - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Just like nearly everyone on this game i've had help with all of my fb's.

Squadding up with choice members of my faction and hitting the instance.

And i've always, ALWAYS, made absolutly sure that the squad hears my thanks for progressing me thru the game.
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ok Another for you all

FB79

Squad- lvl 88 archer,lvl 87 veno, lvl87 wizard, lvl 82 Cleric, lvl 79(tabber), lvl 72 barb(For Linus)

First i hate wen i have some one in squad who doesnt get xp or Rep points but well Would be hubby so was ok. Provided mats for 1 and half wines.

All was fine till the first 2 bosses killed. Taber goes out to get her tab. Cleric Me and Archer move ahead to kill Bloodlust loon and the the tower guardian to open gate. Taber starts of with "**** Hats!! WTH u doing there i asked not to kill mobs cause i need them." Though we tried being polite and tried to explain a simple thing that we are jst clearing path of unnecessary mobs and kiling the guardian to open gate but still she was going on insulting the the 3 of us. And then after such Idiotic behaviour she Expects us to give her all drops. More over the Barb trying to defend (would be wife) saying that we shudnt have killed stuff as she asked her not to and that it was HER FB after all.

Now i would like to have your all comments on this particular FB and the Tabber and worst case the Barb.

I Feel these poeple should really know how hard it is to get quest done or FB's done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    FB39, unwined ofc, the tabber LEFT squad in order to make it FREE DROPS, so he could get all drops...

No need to say I just walk off of the dungeon and went grinding.

Most tabber demands without even being polite.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The problem with the new players is that they dont know wat wait or hard means. the high lvl's spoiled them by doing bosses and Fb's at the first call. for me it took me like 5-6 hrs numerous deaths to complete my fb19 as the highest lvl was a lvl 23 cleric. bosses like Manta Jewel had to wait for months before they were done. FB39 took me 2 weeks to gather squad cause NO1 wanted to spend time on such a long run they wanted me to wine it........ duh fellas wake up... now a days i also do FB 59 unwined if needed but wat for ?? like fb 59= .8% for me and if unwined its like 1 and half hours on top of it i have an **** hat tab holder who is too rude and mean doesnt know how to give respect and also wants mold ?? why should i do it ??

1. No Fun,
    2. No XP or Coins.
    3. Noob is Rude.
    4. Grind wud give me more xp and coins

But yeah this doesnt mean i dinn do FB with good ppl there have been a few nice tab holders, they keep the squad chat alive. its fun and feels good doing FB with them....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

• HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'm sure many have read my original post about this matter by now. Some agree, others do not. The ones who do said so by trying to clarify what I said, while the ones who didn't called me all kinds of colorful things. I've even had a moment of weakness and fell into a flame war, for which i apologize for moving off topic.

Truth is. I'm not an a-hole (or I don't think I am). I do help people when I can. I've killed bosses randomly for random people. I've answered questions from random people/lower levels all the time. But what it boils down to is that the topic was supposed to be BEYOND me. It had nothing to do with MY personal situations but the situations that I see riddling the entire server. It was to address a situation that I believe to be completely jacked up.

Perhaps it is because of the time frame that I started playing this game. FBs being a long, dangerous, time consuming event where we learned much of not only our own characters but the squads we were with. Molds, 3*'s and any other items were never a question. Those who needed it, got it. We didn't have a tab holder crying and screaming about drops. Usually, the runs were run by a squad of people who all needed it. The tab holder was just glad to get the damn thing out of their inventory so they can free space. So, what has changed now? The fact that this "rule" seems to take priority over everything else (the fact that people are helping YOU, the fact that you are getting your cultivation done) is just sad.

FBs always had 4 main incentives.
    1. Cultivation complete
    2. EXP
    3. Reputation
    4. Drops

At the higher levels, the exp are mere decimals. The rep? Easily obtained through other means. And the culti? Ours was completed a long time ago. So what does that leave? Drops. Now I understand that money is harder at lower levels, I was once there too (and kinda still am b:surrender). But exactly what part of this rule is "fair"? Do you think that the expenses for playing is the same for a lvl40 and a lvl90? What kind of backwards system is it that being a high level puts you at a disadvantage? So you'll argue "Oh but its HIS/HER tab". Who is actually doing the run? There is no "helping". Many of these FBs are other people doing your FB while you "help".

I'm not demanding payment. If I don't get anything, oh well, that's just my luck. But this rule, in my opinion, needs to go. Set it back to random. If the tabber can use the drop, i'll be more than happy to give it. But a BM doesn't need a sleeves of the sea captain nor does a wizard need a misty forest ring.

Agree or disagree, these are my views. Flame on.
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
    edited June 2009
    Options
    b:sad i want comments on my last experiance pweaseeeeeee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The way I see it is this: Back in the day, high levels doing your fb meant someone 5 levels above you was coming to help out and guide you through. The exp was still good and they were a lot of fun because the challenge was still there, so we tagged along. Back then, I don't think molds were so coveted, as I know I myself hadn't really made the connection 'mold = money'. The first mold I got, I gave to a barb friend cause it was heavy armor and I didn't need it.

And then more people realized that fb = good exp, and more people started offering help. People liked having the highest levels coming along, and so lower levels who still wanted to help had to put out some sort of incentive to pull them in, if multiple people were advertising. This whole 'molds go to tabber' thing didn't exist back then. I think it started showing up as a way for people to make their fb assistance more enticing than someone else's. Eventually everyone had to offer the good drops to tabber, else the tabber could easily go find someone else to do it for them.

I don't think the tabber is entitled to anything, just as the people who are helping aren't entitled to anything. You don't ask someone helping you to kill mobs for a quest to give you any gems that might drop because it's your quest, why would an fb be any different? Sure the people helping are getting exp and rep, but so is the tabber. Tabber also gets their culti done, quests done, and a free ride through a dungeon which is supposed to test them and challenge them at their level.

When we run fbs, we usually give three stars and basic mold drops to the tabber because not only is the tabber usually a friend of ours, but the equipts have a better chance to be useful to them than to us, who've all outgrown it. But if it's an fb with something covet and useful to everyone, like a misty, that mold's up for grabs and whoever gets it, will get it.

I don't really like who this fb help thing is working out anyway. Lower levels don't know how to play their characters because they call for 'high level' help at every challenge, and then assume the efforts of those who come to babysit them don't deserve a chance at a nice drop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The way I see it is this: Back in the day, high levels doing your fb meant someone 5 levels above you was coming to help out and guide you through. The exp was still good and they were a lot of fun because the challenge was still there, so we tagged along. Back then, I don't think molds were so coveted, as I know I myself hadn't really made the connection 'mold = money'.

Molds are scarce because when high levels kill bosses you do not get drops.

If you can put together a low level party for your FB you can get molds, fairly often.

When everyone runs their FBs with much higher levels, molds become scarce, and mold prices rise.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop
    edited June 2009
    Options
    exactly Cholla go do any fb 39-79, also wud say try witout herc pet and yeah lvls shud be like not more than 2 lvl higher than the tab holder.... Seriosuly if u can do that then i wud admit that u all do know how to play ur char properly...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Molds are scarce because when high levels kill bosses you do not get drops.

If you can put together a low level party for your FB you can get molds, fairly often.

When everyone runs their FBs with much higher levels, molds become scarce, and mold prices rise.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop

When I do fbs for people I like, I tend to attack bosses in foxform to do less damage and hopefully not break drops. If I don't like them, I go all out and hope they get nothin but coins, hurhur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Byno is Evil She hates all

Byno Scroll up and chk ma Fb 79 experience and give ur views plss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ...ok herne tabber was a horrible horrible person and totally overreacted. i feel bad for the barb tho, hate to think what he's getting into b:chuckle

it's this cynicism that has overtaken some tabbers i believe. they might've run into some fb runs where the squad did not finish their quest and just left, and so they're sensitive about that. i've been in this run where the tabber made us promise over and over that we get the token quest done.

"wheres the next token?"
    "we havent gotten there yet"
    "k...what about now?"
    "o.o"
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    When I do fbs for people I like, I tend to attack bosses in foxform to do less damage and hopefully not break drops. If I don't like them, I go all out and hope they get nothin but coins, hurhur.

does the amount of damage you do really make a difference though? I thought it was level based.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Lol i did all the Fb's for that **** hat tabber..........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Codem - Sanctuary
    Codem - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    When did this "all molds go to the tab holder" come about? What greedy low lvl please hand everything to me person decided to start this? Do you all think its a privelage for the higher lvls to do your FBs? 100-180k xp and 30-40 rep? We can grind that in 20 minutes. People need to take a step back and understand that the favor is held more on the tabbers side. We insure success, speedy finish and minimal casulaties (some tabbers get to excited and get killed from time to time). And yet you tabbers want it all. *shakes my head*. The tabbers are not the only ones to blame. Higher lvls should not accept such ludicrous conditions. Back in the day, it was hard to even get people to do FBs cause they were so time consuming and risky.

Here's a great idea.
    No more high levels help with FBs. Let the 29 people do their own fb29, the 51 people do their own FB51. See how you like it then. b:bye

-rant finished-

b:bye b:bye b:bye
  • Bitter - Harshlands
    Bitter - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I myself don't have problem with people asking for drops in FBs, if they ask nicely.

But WTF with those other " high lvls" in the squad asking me to give the 3* to the tabber when the tabber didn't even say a word?

This happened today on a FB 51 unwined.

I was asked to help tanking. I went and bosses were killed. The tabber were still standing in the back daydreaming. All other "high lvls" ran to the drops as if they had never seen so many items on the floor. My chat window was spammed with "xx acquired xxxx".

Then 1 of those "high lvls" start QQing me to give the 3*, which went into my inventory without my notice, to the tabber. She even went far enough to start pking me.

My point is that. New players are usually thankful when they get help. It was the "pro" who spoiled them and made them greedy by turning FBs into a "Let us run ur FB and you keep drops" business.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    if am not wrong some servers got this rule of giving drops all drops to the tab holder and i know a friend from RL on one such server. but yeah being rude bout it is not good and yeah on Santuary only **** hats come to join i guess none of the new players are niether nice nor polite
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    personally.. i agree with the tabber gets the mold. When it comes to a high lvl helping a low lvl.
    They dont have to invite you, hell there is not a single fb that needs a high lvl to do it. I'v done all but one of my fb's with same lvl people. (the one with high lvl i hated.. didnt get to do anything and no drops) So the high lvl should consider themselves lucky to get the xp and rep. With a high lvl in a low lvl fb that drop rate goes to junk. I dont remember the last time i saw a mold drop in any fb lower than 59. So since you make the chances more rare than they actually are.. if.. and i mean IF a mold drops.. the tabber should get it.
    Did i mention before that the tabber does not have to invite you into their fb? right?

You give the mold to a tabber right.. so when you have your own fb you get the mold that time. The way this works, is everyone gets a dam mold or 3*** and no one is pissy about it.

If we left it all up to chance, someone could get to max lvl and never get a mold or 3*** from a fb in their entire life. That would suck... so... pay it forward and karma might come back your way.

or keep being selfish.. whatever works for you i guess.

EDIT - BTW if you are a high lvl you can just jump into a low lvl fb and farm your own molds on your own time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ocenaia - Sanctuary
    Ocenaia - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Just wondering at my level am I going to benefit much from running fb19's? From my experience (which is short at best) Most of the the people who help are in their 60's or higher.

More on topic I think the whole learning how to run Fb's is very true because so far I've done two fb's and I've gain really nothing from them except for fb29 which I got that dual axe mold. Sure the items are good but skill is what matters later on when you actually need to do the runs (I assume). It seems like everyone wants to get the high level squads so its harder to find people your level who want to actually tough it out.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Dollparts i really wanna see u doing fb51 and fb69/70 all with the same lvl at max 2 lvls lower or higher. but i really wanna see that. Also dont forget to post your experiance in here rather do PM me ingame so that i know that ur in there and keep talking for a live telecast :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Dollparts i really wanna see u doing fb51 and fb69/70 all with the same lvl at max 2 lvls lower or higher. but i really wanna see that. Also dont forget to post your experiance in here rather do PM me ingame so that i know that ur in there and keep talking for a live telecast :P

My favorite fb was 69 with the static group I was in. 2 Clerics, 2 archers, 1 BM, 1 barb. No veno for luring, and we did the 20s quest going through it twice with no wine. That was a great time, think we had no deaths either. I miss playing with a good group b:cry
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol Sylvae tell me something wat was the lvl of barb ?? was it between 67-72 ?? or wat were the lvls of the cleric ??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2009
    Options
    Oh i forgot to put this in that yeah we are lucky cause we were able to understand our char properly and being polite to those who hlpd us tho they might have been lower to us at times... We respect both who have knowledge and who wants to learn it unlike the new arrogant lot who jst started playing... and yeah trust me ur Fb's doesnt even fetch me an hours xp also and rep i cud get it doing Justice Orders and 1 man army lol. FB's i run, If tabber listens to me he/she doesnt die but if not then its there fault security of not loosing more than gaining is wat we look after. Saving your time is another part of it. you all never spend 6 hrs doing FB19 did you ?? you all never waited for 2 weeks before getting your fb39 squad did you ?? and for bosses like JewelScalen Manta Emporyan Slither you dont have to wait much for them either so before say "you should be lucky to get rep and xp" try to look at other ways i could get xp and rep.. ur fb doesnt even get me enough xp but it costs me more on repairs lol...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lwyna - Sanctuary
    Lwyna - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    We respect both who have knowledge and who wants to learn it unlike the new arrogant lot who jst started playing...

A good thing irony isn't lethal.
This discussion has been closed.