Deathmatch Arena on Heaven's Tear

Options
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Etherblade (West)
Is there a Deathmatch Arena "scene" in Heaven's Tear?

If it does exist, do any guilds honor a non-wagering custom, where the winner gives back money to the loser. (Similar to how "tabber keeps drops" is usually honored.)
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Noone on HT really uses it. Most people dont understand how it works or they just say its bugged and they dont try.

For the record it does work and its NOT bugged.. Just go in there and actually talk to the NPC and ALL of his options so you freaking understand what your supposed to do in there lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You mean the Arena Manager or whatever his name is? He always tells me the Arena is "Under Construction" or something. You cannot get in despite there being a huge glowing sword there announcing its existence.
  • Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Not the Arena Manager next to the huge pillar of light, rather the Fat ugly NPC that looks like Herc. That is where the Deathmatch Arena is.

Also I was kinda hoping more people would take part of it. Like in .****//G.U.

They should hold tournaments where squads need to sign up. Tournies should give special items and Duke should announce the name of the top squad, like a championship. If not winning special items, then a title or icon that you can parade around as winners of the Arena.

THEN people would be more hyped about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Payne-tsu 93 |Queen-tsu 89 |Shadow-tsu 69
    Pantsu b:dirty
  • Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Noone on HT really uses it. Most people dont understand how it works or they just say its bugged and they dont try.

For the record it does work and its NOT bugged.. Just go in there and actually talk to the NPC and ALL of his options so you freaking understand what your supposed to do in there lol.

well I dont know how well you tested this. I have done it quite a few times though. 3v3 and less player we have had 0 problems. However trying to do 4v4 or more always resulted in 1 or more poeple losing their money and not getting in. I did all this testing when deathmatch was first released though so maybe it is actually fixed. however nothing in patch notes say anthing about it being fixed so I refuse to waste more money.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'd give it a go.

Though I'm not too keen on the wagering system, it would be nice if setting a wager was optional. Seems like many people feel the same way limiting this to a trust situation, which mostly boils down to a friends/guildies only situation.

This game needs some form of no-consequence pvp available on a regular basis. Dragon Temple and Territory Wars are great fun but at fixed times.
    I like pie
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Never had the ppl to do it but I do know they made it far more complicated than it need be.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Whats wrong with just adding some arena where you talk to an npc once,port in and attack who you please.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Whats wrong with just adding some arena where you talk to an npc once,port in and attack who you please.

I can just see the dev's saying.
    "HAHA Silly little person, that makes too much sense!"
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yeah i guess it's their way of adding longevity to the game,confuse the **** outta us all while we stubbornly spend our entire game lives trying to make it all work.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    They cleverly called this the "Arena". It worked great for months.

Then they disabled it. b:cry
  • Ebonn - Heavens Tear
    Ebonn - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    So does anybody know if this works or not at the moment? I was able to zone in and talk to the NPC.

I thought it would be a good place for my guildies to practice PvP skills.

Also any idea if flying pets can be used like in TW?
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    So does anybody know if this works or not at the moment? I was able to zone in and talk to the NPC.

I thought it would be a good place for my guildies to practice PvP skills.

Also any idea if flying pets can be used like in TW?

It worked for me last month when I went in there and did it. Its a bit confusing so you really need to talk to the npc and read all of the instructions.

No you cant call out flying pets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....