Is this possible?

skip191
skip191 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Barbarian
Hi guys i know that at later lvls there wont be enought spirit to have maxed both humanoid and tiger skills but i just want to know if it is possible to have maxed important humanoid skills but to dont suck as a tank(i would lvl flesh ream as my priority too)because i roll a PVP server and i want to be able to PK.
Post edited by skip191 on

Comments

• Angel - Harshlands
    Angel - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    yes. you will have more than enough sp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]youtube.com/Angelolwut
  • Dirty_PEET - Sanctuary
    Dirty_PEET - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol... every normal skill maxed... 3 of my sage skills... sunk 11 mil spirit into a damn genie... and still have another 5 mil left over...
  • Harken - Harshlands
    Harken - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i'd classify u as rich peetb:laughb:chuckle
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What I did recently was use the genie as a EXP sink, to stay at Lvl 40 (1 stone each for CrazyStone) to grind in one-man armies, and catch up all my older quests - and pile up Spirit points.

Now I'm a lot farther along on skills @ lvl 40 than I normally would have been (and higher on Rep from the OneManArmies) and can go back to leveling and quests. I have at least 2 alts that have almost all the skills avail for their level now.

It's boring, but it makes you stronger for your lvl.

Red
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    For human form, focus on the skills which will help you in grinding, and ignore others until later. Take a look at your skill tree and decide if a skill is worth raising, or if it gets replaced by something better later.

For trueform, just using flesh ream won't cut it for keeping agro, especially if you have a veno, archer, or wizard in the party. You should try to have atleast 2-3 agro skills leveled up reasonably so that when you need to steal back agro against that critical hit, you can, or atleast build enough of it early on to keep your cleric alive. Having multiple agro skills also makes you able to tank more than one mob at a time... also very useful for ensuring the health of your party.
  • __AsHRAcK__ - Lost City
    __AsHRAcK__ - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What I did recently was use the genie as a EXP sink, to stay at Lvl 40 (1 stone each for CrazyStone) to grind in one-man armies, and catch up all my older quests - and pile up Spirit points.

Now I'm a lot farther along on skills @ lvl 40 than I normally would have been (and higher on Rep from the OneManArmies) and can go back to leveling and quests. I have at least 2 alts that have almost all the skills avail for their level now.

It's boring, but it makes you stronger for your lvl.

Red

Im currently working my way up to level 40 and i think im going to do what you did at level 40. Not only can i get alot of rep and spirit points but at the same time i'll be leveling my genie.

Thanksb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RampTramp - Harshlands
    RampTramp - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Guys use the PWI Teamspeak. Just get a headset/microphone. It's a free download from www.teamspeak.com and you can talk to people while playing the game. Its Great!

Server Address: 80.249.173.160:1111

And there is no password, just log in with your PWI nickname anonymously.
  • __AsHRAcK__ - Lost City
    __AsHRAcK__ - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Team Speak will make me lag b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i am planning to camp at lvl 81 using the genie as an exp sink the reason i'm planing this is i'm gunna grind on one mans, which at lvl 81 give 5 rep per :D
    and just to make this post on topic, yes at higher lvls you will, when genies came out i spent 2mil sp on it, still have 3mil sp left, and i've got 90% of my skills maxed , even garriote and stomp, only ones i need to lvl still are frighten and onslaught (for what lvl i am that is)

side note - ramptramps what relevence does that have with this topic
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    vagrant0 wrote: »
    For trueform, just using flesh ream won't cut it for keeping agro, especially if you have a veno, archer, or wizard in the party. You should try to have atleast 2-3 agro skills leveled up reasonably so that when you need to steal back agro against that critical hit, you can, or atleast build enough of it early on to keep your cleric alive. Having multiple agro skills also makes you able to tank more than one mob at a time... also very useful for ensuring the health of your party.

Umm....what multiple aggro skills? Flesh Ream is the only real aggro skill, and its a barb's bread and butter. Its now 100% accurate to boot. No more missed flesh reams = bloodbath not required and happier party.

If you're talking about roar, then yeah its an aoe aggro skill, but the aggro it generates is quite easy to lose. Also I think it resets the aggro level, so I don't use it much once I've started flesh reaming. Roar is useful to round up a cluster of mobs. Frighten can also be used to a similar effect, though the aggro there is almost non existent.

Devour (and penetrate armor in humanoid) generate hate. If the target is attacking you and you cast it the target's aggro increases. If you've lost aggro, you can spam devour all day and you will never regain it until you spam flesh ream again.

For tanking fleshream should be leveled as highest as possible right after your hp buff and true form.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Angrydragon - Sanctuary
    Angrydragon - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Guys use the PWI Teamspeak. Just get a headset/microphone. It's a free download from www.teamspeak.com and you can talk to people while playing the game. Its Great!

Server Address: 80.249.173.160:1111

And there is no password, just log in with your PWI nickname anonymously.
    The only problem I have with Teamspeak/Ventrilo is that it is not fair for many with disabilities, such as the deaf/hard of hearing, people with speach problems, etc. As well, many with slower computers have issues running a VoIP program while playing the game.

Coming from heavy a heavy raiding guild in WoW, I find that too many people use voice programs as a crutch to actually thinking.

Since PWI is a player base that is very multi-national, some people don't have the English skills to speak and understand commands in a voice program.

Basically, I don't like Teamspeak.