visual problem

SilverStaff - Sanctuary
SilverStaff - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Support Desk
i haf had this problem along with some companions of mine.. it seems that we haf a diffrent view of each other (we see each other diffrently). ill give my example for a better understanding. [on my screen] i haf full black clothes and pinkesh-colored lips. [on their screen] i haf white pants.. and white lips for some strange reason unknown.this goes for all people that meet me.(not just my friends)and apparently i also see them difrently from what their actual charts look like on their screen.. its quite a confusing dilema wich neither of us haf yet to solve...if u haf any suggestions or haf gone through the same thing plz post it down.. apreciate the help b:victory
Post edited by SilverStaff - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Myreth - Dreamweaver
    Myreth - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i haf had this problem along with some companions of mine.. it seems that we haf a diffrent view of each other (we see each other diffrently). ill give my example for a better understanding. [on my screen] i haf full black clothes and pinkesh-colored lips. [on their screen] i haf white pants.. and white lips for some strange reason unknown.this goes for all people that meet me.(not just my friends)and apparently i also see them difrently from what their actual charts look like on their screen.. its quite a confusing dilema wich neither of us haf yet to solve...if u haf any suggestions or haf gone through the same thing plz post it down.. apreciate the help b:victory

There will always be some deviation in color between computers. Every monitor and graphics card have color settings that can be adjusted. If you created your character with the color settings that are way off, then it would appear different to you then to everyone else with "normal" settings.
  • SilverStaff - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    so this is something that cant be helped unless we had same graphic's cards correct?.. b:shutup
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2009
    Can you post a screenshot of what you see?
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Caledfwlch - Harshlands
    Caledfwlch - Harshlands Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I see naked people, lol. DO YOU REALLY? want me to post it?
  • surtr
    edited June 2009
    In that case, what I need from you is this:

Go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• SilverStaff - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    name:VIA/S3G uniChrome IPG Main Driver:vtdisp.dll
    manufacturer:VIA/S3G Version:6.14.0010.0194(english)
    Chip Type:VIA/S3G uniChrome IPG Date:12/7/2004 20:08:48
    DAC type:Internal WHQL logo'd: n/a
    Approx.total memory:64.0 MB mini VDD:vtmini.sys
    Current Display Mode:1024 x 768 (32bit)(60Hz) VDD:n/a
    Monitor:IBM 9513 T55A TFT monitor DDI version: 9 (or higher)

sorry i didnt know how put the picture in hope this helps. also. one of my friends suggested i put texture at max and restart game. but apparently at launcher once i pressed start..there came a message with weird letters i didnt understand. point being when i loged in game texture went bak to medium and not high as i left it.. and there was no change. really hope i can get this fixed...
  • surtr
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, unfortunately that graphics card doesn't quite meet the minimum system requirements, so you're going to continue to see graphical errors like that until you get a better one.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• Myreth - Dreamweaver
    Myreth - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    There will always be some deviation in color between computers. Every monitor and graphics card have color settings that can be adjusted. If you created your character with the color settings that are way off, then it would appear different to you then to everyone else with "normal" settings.
    Well same graphics cards wont make a difference, same monitors might. However, recently I created a second account for testing purposes. I logged into one computer on one account, and the other with the second account.
    So here is what I saw.
    Account 1: Cleric.. customized appearance the way I like it. On computer 1.
    Account 2: Veno... customized appearance the way I like it. On computer 2.

Now, both characters look the way they are supposed to on computer 1. On computer 2, the Veno looks fine, but the Cleric appears to be a *default* body. I would say whatever the default settings for a character are when you create it.
    So now lets get even more interesting. I copied PWI from computer 1 to a third computer. Everything looks the way it's supposed to on computer 1 and 3.
    I can only assume at this point that there are some files that are corrupted and I will update this thread with the resolution once I test to see if the recent patch fixes computer 2.
  • surtr
    edited July 2009
    That sounds like you have Customizations turned off on one of your characters; this setting is character-specific, not account or system-wide.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

This discussion has been closed.