Player Levels

Options
FRaGG - Lost City
FRaGG - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Suggestion Box
When people ask me for a duel, usually, I'll look at the Player Information window. This window, as you well know, shows what items that player is wearing/using. I am quite surprised, that this window DOES NOT show the player's actual level. If I can log in to the forums and my avatar shows my character level, I'm quite sure the Player Information window could also. Even better, why not show the player level when I left click on a player? What I mean is, like my forum avatar, show the player level in a small circle at the bottom right. What does everyone think of this?

FRaGG
AgonY Leader
Lost City Server
Post edited by FRaGG - Lost City on

Comments

• AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It's been suggested before. I'd like for this to be implemented, as some players will take off their gear/replace with nooby gear to appear lower level. It leaves many of the new players confused about how they got x-shotted by someone of apparently the same level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lol i'm not going to lie. i stiped my gear and put on basic ger and messed around with new players heads. (only like 4 or so). really tho ppl should be able to see other player's level.
  • LingXau - Sanctuary
    LingXau - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    yea good idea that feature needs to be put on IMMEDIATELY!!!...
    plz? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^^I made it^^^
    Ask me if you want one done!
  • FuRiouS_One - Sanctuary
    FuRiouS_One - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Not only should it be in the player info box but next to their name as well, this should go for mobs too.
  • tyty1219
    tyty1219 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    yea if i am correct there is a ? instead of a lvl # next to the name....slightly annoying IMO
  • epherine
    epherine Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Even if some people don't like their levels showing, you can always take it a step away and just use colors as well.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    yea. would like it to be in player info too. but i dont want it at my name abov emy head.. would look weird -.-
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I've seen this a few times... here's one link http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=299691&highlight=player+level

I agree with the idea it'd be good to see the player levels...

As to the ? mobs that's for the random big bosses. It'd be nice to see but it's not that important.
  • Kiani - Dreamweaver
    Kiani - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Good idea.
  • MntMan - Lost City
    MntMan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    In other MMORPGs I've played they had special drop items that showed a players level. So in other words it would allow you to "Level Look" or "Gear Look" a player. It was a semi rare drop (maybe they could implement for wraith attack events) and also had in cash shop.

I think that having this shroud of doubt or secrecy during PvP is an advantage. No one should be able to know exact stats on gear or levels unless they use an item to find out.

Just my opinion though.
  • Aeropajita - Heavens Tear
    Aeropajita - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Really needed
  • Calibria - Heavens Tear
    Calibria - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    this is true, instinctively its the first thing that enters your head before any battle: "how strong is my opponent?"
    Characters;
    CALIBRIA- main- active- *GRINDERS

XERACOTYL- semi-active- *DarkFlare

ASFAULT- active- *DarkFlare

Tired of babysitting your CATSHOP? Visit my suggestion threads: KITTYS IN THE BUILDING and KIB revised @pwi.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I personally think that level should only be shown when a duel is being challenged. All other times it should remain hidden and as it currently is. Dueling, like PK is about risk and being able to deal with the chance that you will get owned.

Reminds me of an instance of dueling I witnessed. A level 18 or so archer was hanging around city of the lost, sending duel requests to similar level barbs, and would at the start just fly above the reach of the barb and shoot them to death. One of my faction members in the area also saw this, and decided to turn the tables a bit. They just bought up some lower level gear, equipped it, and challenged the archer. Once the battle started, the archer started flying, and the faction member popped a speed pill, hopped on their air mount, and 1 hit the guy. Sure, it wasn't fair, but neither was doing what they were doing. The whole "lower armor" thing is really only fun until that person meets up with someone higher, in lower gear.
  • Fayorei - Dreamweaver
    Fayorei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Agreed. Found it odd you could not see player's levels already... seems pretty basic.
  • RamArch - Lost City
    RamArch - Lost City Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I Disagree, i wanna pk some 1, just left click, oh he is lvl 30 i can kill him. Channel Kill. No problem. Compared to, i dont no whats his lvl, let me check his gear, hmm he looks like he nows i going to take him, he looks high lvl dam a mold, ok back off slowly!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    :/ that's just the one thing i really like about this game ^^ u can't see other ppl's lvl

all other games have that feature and it was strange at first to not see ppl's lvl but now i like it alot , prefer this rather then seeing other ppl's lvl
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]