Mold Stealers

grae
grae Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
So Iwas in an fb89 with a friend, we had a free spot, this guy from Rad was putside, we thought it ok and let him come along, when we were killing the 2nd boss (before fats) a mold dropped, the +5% hp one, also gives 7~8 str.
we then obviously asked him to give back, he logged, end of story.

Don't need to flame the guy, but know well not to take him with you, ai'nt the first time he does something like that, he stole a bunch of tt mats too, he and some other gusy from Rad, one of then said they would bank and split at end, got to end they logged.
Post edited by grae on

Comments

• Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Cool story bro. Anyways, you should have PKd him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You DO NOT TRUST Rad b:angry

Silly silly guy!b:angry
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear
    Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I feel sorry for the tabber, that necklace is very rare, Sky Demon Pearl I think... worth around 9m.

His name is something like Ron_ (replace _ with a letter :P ) huh? forgot what faction he's in at the moment but when I was shouting him out in WC, there were SO many people PM-ing me back saying that guy is an ****... I guess there's nothing much to do except tell others about this guy. Hopefully he'll give it back (like Velvet-- did back a couple of months), but if he doesn't, his Call To Duty-ing days are over :P

Seriously though, someone gets an invite to FB (free exp + rep), everyone agreed to tabbers drops AND he steals the necklace and logs off. pathetic..

good luck to your friend :\
    You DO NOT TRUST Rad b:angry

Silly silly guy!b:angry
    You can't generalize that everyone from Radiance is the same That's being close-minded. It's just this one guy who is an ****... I'm sure there are some nice people in Rad (:
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You mean RonY?

You can say names.

Don't be scared.

Edit: Forgot to add... Enrage is always willing to help with any FB. We don't steal drops. We're evil bad people, but we love our FBs and make sure the tabber gets molds/3stars/apocs in their 89.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Aerole - Heavens Tear
    Aerole - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It really sucks that there's nothing you can do about it. I guess you could set the squad distribution to free mode but nothing stops them from picking it up either. Sorry to hear =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature designed by Forsakenx <3
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    grae wrote: »
    So Iwas in an fb89 with a friend, we had a free spot, this guy from Rad was putside, we thought it ok and let him come along, when we were killing the 2nd boss (before fats) a mold dropped, the +5% hp one, also gives 7~8 str.
    we then obviously asked him to give back, he logged, end of story.

Don't need to flame the guy, but know well not to take him with you, ai'nt the first time he does something like that, he stole a bunch of tt mats too, he and some other gusy from Rad, one of then said they would bank and split at end, got to end they logged.

What can you really expect from a guild thats been going down hill for two months now.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You mean RonY?

You can say names.

Don't be scared.

Edit: Forgot to add... Enrage is always willing to help with any FB. We don't steal drops. We're evil bad people, but we love our FBs and make sure the tabber gets molds/3stars/apocs in their 89.
    too bad were on different servers, Im an evil bad person too ):<

sorry you got screwed OP, its usually hard to trust big factions these days, most of them are money hungry greed trains. yes, greedy and evil are two different things peoplez!
  • Theotus - Heavens Tear
    Theotus - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You definately can't generalize radiance for junk players. Nor any other faction, really. I have good friends in rad, evo, and enrage, and they would never do things like that.
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    He isn't in Radiance anymore. He was prolly dealt with.
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    He was in Rad? I thought he was factionless....

But yeah, Tao had him in guild for.. oooh.... 3 days? Before throwing him out on his backside.

That guy is bad blood, do NOT trust him, EVER

TBH if the whole of Heaven's Tear reads this forum then he may as well just give up playing... I mean, how many friends does he really have?
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I feel sorry for the tabber, that necklace is very rare, Sky Demon Pearl I think... worth around 9m.

His name is something like Ron_ (replace _ with a letter :P ) huh? forgot what faction he's in at the moment but when I was shouting him out in WC, there were SO many people PM-ing me back saying that guy is an ****... I guess there's nothing much to do except tell others about this guy. Hopefully he'll give it back (like Velvet-- did back a couple of months), but if he doesn't, his Call To Duty-ing days are over :P

Seriously though, someone gets an invite to FB (free exp + rep), everyone agreed to tabbers drops AND he steals the necklace and logs off. pathetic..

good luck to your friend :\

You can't generalize that everyone from Radiance is the same That's being close-minded. It's just this one guy who is an ****... I'm sure there are some nice people in Rad (:

Nothing in the original post states that they agree to tabber keep drops.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009

Who DOESN'T agree with tabber keeping drops? Seriously
    Former Tao Director

Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
    edited June 2009

You are still making an assumption. It was not stated that they followed that rule.
    The OP had no problem stating that someone else, at a TT run offered to bank than ran away with the mats. Although it is common to bank TT mats, the op was very specific about it, however he/she did not mentioned what the terms of the FB were.

If they had agreed to it, it would be bad, but until that is clarified, you cannot assume it was the case.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    To me it sounds like you're making excuses for him
    Former Tao Director

Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
    edited June 2009
    To me it sounds like you're making excuses for him

It does not say, anywhere in the OP post that they were doing a tabbed run. For all we know, they were not using tabs and were farming molds.

I am not making excuses, I personaly do not like people that cannot follow agreed rules. However, nothing in the OP post says that they were following "tabber keeps drops". In fact it says, they had one spot and invited some guy that was standing outside the FB, nowhere it says they went over the rules of who gets what with him or that they were even doing a tabbed run.

You are making assumptions that:
    1. Everyone had agreed to it (nothing in the post says that)
    2. That they even had tabs (nothing in the post says that, only that they were running it).

So you are assuming alot based on a very generic post.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2009

for fb79 and below, yeah, most ppl will go along with tabber keeping drops. But for fb89+, hell no.
  • Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear
    Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009

I spoke with OP in game.
    edited June 2009
    I spoke with OP in game.

So you spoke with OP in game, what did the OP say?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    XP and Rep are lousy incentives to FB. I can get much more XP normal grinding and rep requirements in this game are a joke.

The only reasons I would go to an FB these days:
    1) Helping out friends / guildmates
    2) Fair shot at molds (only fb69+ really, don't care about molds in lower dungeons)
    3) I am really bored

What if TT runs adopted a similar policy? The one who provides the subs gets all the drops. After all you do gain XP from going on TT runs as well. Anyone interested in that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • grae
    edited June 2009
    So you spoke with OP in game, what did the OP say?

Yes it was a tabbed run, yes everyone agreed to tabber keeps drops, we were amongst friends (other than RonY obviously), yes I did especify in my op beacuse I assumed people thought it commom sense to just help out a friend.
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Always try to do your fb with your faction since there should always be clear written rules for faction fb runs regarding drops. At level 79+ you shouldnt be running around faction-less unless of course you're an **** like this RonY guy b:chuckle
  • grae
    edited June 2009
    XP and Rep are lousy incentives to FB. I can get much more XP normal grinding and rep requirements in this game are a joke.

The only reasons I would go to an FB these days:
    1) Helping out friends / guildmates
    2) Fair shot at molds (only fb69+ really, don't care about molds in lower dungeons)
    3) I am really bored

What if TT runs adopted a similar policy? The one who provides the subs gets all the drops. After all you do gain XP from going on TT runs as well. Anyone interested in that?

you of all people should know the difference between a fb and a tt, it's not like people that go there don't really need anything, and of course there are cases where they don't, all in all, as long as the party agrees in a whole to something then yeah, if they agree to do a tt run and let subber keep all the drops, what's to stop then from doing it?

and before someone says I did not state something for fb, well RonY agreed on start too, he lied from the beggining, got greedy, had his chance, and ran away with it.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i dont agree with 'tabber' gets drops :|. alot of times i end up paying for the wine for people who cant afford it, tank everything, and blow alot of supplies. why should the lowbie not doing anything reap all the rewards, its not very fair to ask me to give up a fairly expensive mold for a guy who sits around and does nothing in the FB >_>;
  • grae
    edited June 2009
    i dont agree with 'tabber' gets drops :|. alot of times i end up paying for the wine for people who cant afford it, tank everything, and blow alot of supplies. why should the lowbie not doing anything reap all the rewards, its not very fair to ask me to give up a fairly expensive mold for a guy who sits around and does nothing in the FB >_>;

You do realize that not everyone is like this, and that some (like our friend) shared his reward, me for instance, he gave me a -6%channelling belt that he identified, our veno got last 2 pages she needed to get her 79 debuff skill.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If they aren't providing the wine then they shouldn't be expecting dibs on goodies.

On the other hand if your only doing it for the mold(As asterelle said), then why not just farm the thing in a squad?
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
    edited June 2009
    grae wrote: »
    Yes it was a tabbed run, yes everyone agreed to tabber keeps drops, we were amongst friends (other than RonY obviously), yes I did especify in my op beacuse I assumed people thought it commom sense to just help out a friend.

If that had been stated at the begining of the post it would had made it much more clear.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Feel free to yell for me anytime you need an FB done. I think the tabber should keep the drops no matter what FB it is.

So if your having problems finding people to take you who want your drops just shoot me a PM if Im on, and we will get it done and you will get your drops. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2009

You know you could've just soloed the FB with your Herc and kept all the drops for yourself. Unless this was an FB69 of course. If I'm providing the Herc and the wine, then I'd just as soon not bother with your tabs and keep the drops.

As for the OP, I actually know RonY. He's on my friends list. I've only been on a few TT 2-3's with him and had no major problems. There was only one slight problem on a run. The tank(StickyGreen) and I wanted to skip Astral since his drops are dirt cheap and it was getting late. RonY put up a stink since he said he had a Belial squad coming and he wanted to clear the way for them. We finally got him to agree and split the mats when we suggested that his Belial squad should kill Astral.

That's the extent of my dealings with him. Mats always got split fairly and runs were done fast. If he did steal that mold, then that definitely puts him down low on Clerics I would invite on an FB. Although, he was already on the low-end of that list. And yeah that mold is a heartbreaker. That boss is a major pain to kill.
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Moral of the story, don't run a FB with people you don't know. I've run all of mine with whatever faction I happen to be in at the time, even if it was just for that month, and have not yet had any problems. Even these people who are making Worldchats are somewhat more reliable if you have seen them do it more than a few times over a few days. Random people, or those that just sit in chatrooms however, I wouldn't trust them even if I was running a FB19 at level 80 (yes, could solo it, beside the point) and had 0 chance of a mold drop.
  • Tehfishy - Heavens Tear
    Tehfishy - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    happened to me on my FB51 b:angry Some rad barb (low 60's) stole a mold from me.

Then later on while i was helping a friend do his FB51 a legion barb stole a demon ring from my friend.