Sealed in TW

Options
Valdea - Dreamweaver
Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
Is it normal in TW to spawn after being killed and have to wait, like 30 seconds before you can do anything?
I ask this because last Saturday our guild participated in TW and when our base got attacked the squad over powered us and started just killing everyone. I would click "go to town" and respawn, only to find that I couldn't attack for a good few seconds (which feels like a long time when in combat) by which time I was already dead again. Can someone tell me, is there a point to being sealed or what ever they call it after respawning in TW?
Post edited by Valdea - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Is it normal in TW to spawn after being killed and have to wait, like 30 seconds before you can do anything?
    I ask this because last Saturday our guild participated in TW and when our base got attacked the squad over powered us and started just killing everyone. I would click "go to town" and respawn, only to find that I couldn't attack for a good few seconds (which feels like a long time when in combat) by which time I was already dead again. Can someone tell me, is there a point to being sealed or what ever they call it after respawning in TW?

Maybe to prevent everyone from recalling and aoe bombing a place? I have no idea, I was asking that in guild chat and nobody really new the answer either. The aoe bombing was the best explanation we could come up with, but it still does not make much sense.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Its to prevent from the other team to just camp the spawn and kill you as you come back. gives u a small chance to get away
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If what Amsel says is the true reason then wouldn't it be better to just make the spawn point a safe zone instead of sealing the character's attacks off? It's really annoying when you've got a high level barb with his AoE running around killing most of us in 1-2 hits while his nix veno leader attacks our crystal and we can't to squat about it because we can't hit back.
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'd be very impressed if anyone can make it to your spawn area without using a sutra orb/poweder(can't remember which) since the towers that are set up to your left and right of the spawn point one hits EVERYBODY (i think it did like 20-30k damage on me?). So if you're sealed and they are camping you in, just hang out till it goes away, although at that point its pretty much overb:surrender
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    As far as I am aware, you can still die while you are sealed, just not attack. So it only seems to encourage spawn killing at the enemy base.

Personally, I don't really see a need for the seal as it only makes a beating at TW worse and only seems to cause frustration for the losing team when they can't fight back.

I'm sure the devs have their reason, but if it is for some sort of balance, 30 seconds is a bit much when the enemy is in your base killing the crystal which is when you need to be able to attack as soon as you spawn.
  • JohntheFlash - Lost City
    JohntheFlash - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yes, if you talk to the NPC responsible for TW he will tell you that after dying, you cannot use any skills until 30 seconds after your respawn. Yes, there is a bad penalty for dying in TW! Hence, you do not want to die because you become near useless. So if a team gets into your base and manages to kill a good part of your team, your HQ's death is inevitable.
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You said skills can't be used, does that negate physical attacks too?
    I'm a caster veno so I know better than to try and use physical, but I'll be pissed if they aren't included in that seal.
  • JohntheFlash - Lost City
    JohntheFlash - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    No, as far as I know you can still smack your opponent with your magic sword and whatnot.
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    That is completely ****. I'll have to test this next time our guild does TW and if that's the case I'm am going to submit a ticket.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    No, as far as I know you can still smack your opponent with your magic sword and whatnot.

That is incorrect. While sealed, you cannot attack at all.

While this seems like a stiff penalty when your base is being overrun, it is not really unfair. The attackers have to get some benefit from having killed you and if you immediately respawn right in front of them (with full health since you have to have a charm for TW), what was the point of killing you? When the battle is not already inside your base, you will hardly notice the seal as it takes longer to run out of your base.

It has already been mentioned that your spawn point is protected by indestructible towers that 1-shot everything. You are vulnerable if you run out of that protection or use the teleport. That is played upon in containment portions of succesful TW strategies. But, you can receive buffs while sealed. So, a good move would be to station some clerics at the spawn point and use that sealed time to rebuff. The loss of buffs and chi is really the worse penalty for dying in TW.
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

FALSE

Let me put some order here

first: the seal is there because there needs to be a penalty when you die, in that 30 secs i could go and die, 5 times? but, imagine if 80 ppl did dmg in that secs they are in there, the HQ would be unkillable

second: YOU CANT ATTK when sealed, no, screams are not counted as a "verbal attk"

third: thats an amazing barb! surviving those towers is nearly impossible without an immune orb (last 8 seconds) and 1-2 hitting casters not easy...

EDIT: Bob wins this time.. but.. i will survive!
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    What are you talking about 1-2 hitting casters isn't easy. He was using physical damage at close range, and it's very easy to kill a robed class with physical attacks.

I appreciate some of the clarity you and bobncut have given though.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    @Blade - posted and edited before you got through typing - whoo hoo!

@Valdea - I think there is some confusion about whether the barb was attacking people at the spawn point or from outside the range of those two towers which protect the spawn point. The former would be quite impressive more because of the damage those towers do (which I believe scales up with the target's level or possibly even their HP). The 1-2 shot part is not surprising if the level differences were large. Even a barb's usual problem with hitting anything would be offset by a large level gap.
  • Zeonus - Heavens Tear
    Zeonus - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    30 seconds? From my last few I recall it being random. Some were over a good 15 seconds for myself and a few others. Some were <10 seconds. Regardless if our HQ was flooded.
  • Satuki - Harshlands
    Satuki - Harshlands Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i think the seal is there because of barbs
    what would stop them from being ressed and grabbing the cart again?
    It is already hard enough to kill a 10k+ hp barb with a charm.
    and last i checked the cart takes 30 seconds to be destroyed
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The spawn point towers do 66% of the targets HP in damage every 3 seconds so if your in range of 1 tower you get 3 shot (assuming your charm hasnt ticked yet), and if your in range of both towers you get 2 shot (once again assuming your charm hasnt ticked).

1-2 hitting robes at the OP's level isnt actually so hard but it is almost impossible to get past those towers long enough to do significant damage, with will of the bodhivista and 12 sec immunity pot its possible to get 1-2 AoE's on the spawn (in general killing half of the people on it) but then the BM has to respawn back at his own base and use the teleports to get back.

Im guessing the OP had moved out of range of the towers to attempt to fight and found out about the seal effect and was killed by the barb. The seal while a painful penalty makes it so dying in TW isnt worth it so people have to play more carefully as dying means your team is down 1 member for 30 seconds.

As a venomancer in TW your main role is debuffing and amping targets for the DD's to take them out, (unless you have a nix then your actually a DD and an amp at the same time), stay in foxform as much as possible for the increased pdef and stay airborne (amp and debuff arent effected by a flying target using them on ground based ones) if a phys class flys up to get you drop wings and call your DD's to cover you.
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'd be very impressed if anyone can make it to your spawn area without using a sutra orb/poweder(can't remember which) since the towers that are set up to your left and right of the spawn point one hits EVERYBODY (i think it did like 20-30k damage on me?). So if you're sealed and they are camping you in, just hang out till it goes away, although at that point its pretty much overb:surrender
    They hit for 60% of your max hp. If you charge down the middle, getting hit by both will kill anyone.

But if you're off to the side you can tank the damage with a couple clerics spamming Iron Heart. And if you're an archer, you can Barrage the tower and kill everyone who spawns in. b:victory
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    So from what I understand these defense tower hit indescriminately? Even if they're your own?
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol no.

Towers only hit the other side's players.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Simple logic test. Does everyone get owned by their own towers the instant they spawn?
    No?
    Ok then, it looks like the towers don't attack the same team.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    U know what i wish i knew their was towers at the spawn point on sunday cause those freaking hurt but live u learn next time wait for them to move out a little bit lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kytari - Heavens Tear
    Kytari - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    That is completely ****. I'll have to test this next time our guild does TW and if that's the case I'm am going to submit a ticket.

You're a veno -_- Pull out your pet and send it in to attack. Pets dont have the seal. You just wont be able to heal them until your seal is gone.
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

It's working as intended, as explained before. Deal with it or stay out of TW. At that point, if you're getting killed that quickly in your own base, seal or no, you were probably going to lose. People below level 60 (80) have no business even spawning in.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The seal works out great because without it well when any 2 evenly strong factions go after each other be a royal pain in the butt to destroy HQ because u can just run in there and kill when they r attacking your HQ and not worry about dying becuase u spawn right back where u were.

and did i mention those tower near the spawn point hurt b:sad i think i still have a mega boo boo from those. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]