Question about my problem with Little QQ

HuntresPrime - Lost City
HuntresPrime - Lost City Posts: 298 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
Warning this message may contain QQ if interpreted that way.
my problem is this. a while back a i was at cub. and a veno kept walking in front of me and leaving their magmite there.
i told the veno to stop. he/she replied ''thats what she said'' har har i though.
so he/she kept it up. then i replied. if you dont stop i will kill the *** cub and no one will get it... still he/she kept it up. so.
you guessed it. i obliterated the cib with my magmite and ironwood.
well 2 days later. a get pked by (anon) and right before die another (anon) pks me. he tells me i Po'ed him off because i killed the cub. so i was like. kay what ever. dont need to qq and pk cause you diddnt get what you want.
after that he tells me that he is going to hunt me down every day at rares.
i replied with a smug face.
'' i can allways ticket for griefing'' and to my suprise. he tells me. that i wouldnt be able to do that as long as he isnt the one that kills me every time.
now. i have knowlage that he was in (anon) faction and that people from (anon) will help him.

NOW after reading this long and most likely boring and QQ problem of mine.
here is the question. is he right? has he found a loop hole in the TOS?
a little help here
Post edited by HuntresPrime - Lost City on

Comments

• Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It's not griefing if a faction puts you on their KOS list. That happens approximately all the time.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If you got a SS of that conversation, and each day someone from his faction PKs you at rare spawns, send a ticket against him and his faction for griefing and harassment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    it isnt a loophole if hes deliberately preventing you from going from taming pets. its called him using a horribly jaded interpretation of the TOS which is infact -wrong-
  • HuntresPrime - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    it isnt a loophole if hes deliberately preventing you from going from taming pets. its called him using a horribly jaded interpretation of the TOS which is infact -wrong-
    1.he isnt in a faction. he was. but he isnt any more.
    2. he isnt just stoping me. he said that he is targeting me solely for the purpose of me killing that one cub.
    3.if he isnt the one that kills me every time. does this mean he found a away to pk 1 person while avoiding the harassment / griefing ToS?
    and i will start taking screenies xD
    edited June 2009
    report anyone who kills you to prevent you from getting pets
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    No, he hasn't found a loophole. Just a not-so-original new way of griefing >< The TOS have many, many different interpretations, however, the fact that he said this was what he was going to do and that he was doing it this way so he could try to get around the TOS voids any and all arguments he may have for "finding a loophole"

Submit a ticket to Customer Service...you don't necessarily need screenshots (though they help...a lot). Keep track of who does it, as well. Even if it's not the same toon everytime, it doesn't mean it's not the same player - and apparently, the GMs have "ways" of knowing this. Just keep submitting a ticket, each time it happens, along with screenshots...

There's a big difference between a faction or group KOS and griefing a single player. Subtle, but big nonetheless.
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
    edited June 2009
    No, he hasn't found a loophole. Just a not-so-original new way of griefing >< The TOS have many, many different interpretations, however, the fact that he said this was what he was going to do and that he was doing it this way so he could try to get around the TOS voids any and all arguments he may have for "finding a loophole"

Submit a ticket to Customer Service...you don't necessarily need screenshots (though they help...a lot). Keep track of who does it, as well. Even if it's not the same toon everytime, it doesn't mean it's not the same player - and apparently, the GMs have "ways" of knowing this. Just keep submitting a ticket, each time it happens, along with screenshots...

There's a big difference between a faction or group KOS and griefing a single player. Subtle, but big nonetheless.
    Yay ty so much lol. now i need to buy about 10 angles and give him enough rope to hang him self
  • Katz - Lost City
    Katz - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If you got a SS of that conversation, and each day someone from his faction PKs you at rare spawns, send a ticket against him and his faction for griefing and harassment.

how does standing in one spot and killing a person (even if we are talking about several days) can be considered harassment ?????

isn't pk on a "pk server" part of gameplay?
    so you consider ticketing against a player that is doing something that happens on Lost City hundreds / thousands of times daily a reliable action?
    meow?

b:bye
    edited June 2009
    how does standing in one spot and killing a person (even if we are talking about several days) can be considered harassment ?????

so you consider ticketing against a player that is doing something that happens on Lost City hundreds / thousands of times daily a reliable action?
    so your saying no matter what the cause is. pking some one over and over again... the same player over and over again.... picking them solely out of a crowd.. isnt any form of harassment?

please read the back round and question fully before blurting out your opinions please

also. i think i might need a mod or gm opinion lol
  • Katz - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    this is how i see it a would like gm opinion too

looking back at the whole problem:

"he tells me i Po'ed him off because i killed the cub. so i was like. kay what ever. dont need to qq and pk cause you diddnt get what you want.
    after that he tells me that he is going to hunt me down every day at rares"

my interpretation:
    "i have a problem with you and i will kill you whenever i can
    i know how to find you - at rare spawns spots - so i will hunt you down there"
    meow?

edited June 2009
    ok. thats good so far. but your still forgetting. he wants to pk me every day. every chance he can. just me. no other venos that may be around.

so your saying he can pk 1 time or 1k times it still wont mater even if he is singling me out?
  • Katz - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    I for one would be really dissaponted to see a GM punishing a player other than exploiting bugs / really bad language / cheating and so on

You know instead ticket i'm thinking about another aproach like ...
    FIGHT BACK b:laugh
    doesn't this sounds better?
    meow?

• XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Oh, big ****ing deal. Ask a friend to tame it for you, then you can avoid him completely. Either that, or ask some friends to PK him. what good does QQing on the forums do? Take care of it yourself. Sometimes you have to break off from the community and do things on your own. It's called.. you know, growing up.
  • josefinemutzenbacher
    josefinemutzenbacher Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It would be really stupid if the GMs punished the player you're talking about in any way.

Lets say... I'll pk you everytime I see you just because I don't like you. Or because I don't like venos. Or because I justt can. Will it be harrasment? If its harrasment to you why don't you switch to PvE server? In there all he could do to you would be just throwing some bad words @ you.

I play on LC myself and I get pked like 10-20 times a day, sometimes I fight back, sometimes I do not, but its still just game, so I just say "gratz" to the pker everytime and if the same person keeps killing me over and over again I either move to some other location (PW is big) or I call some friends to help.

Its part of the game!
  • RoGz - Lost City
    RoGz - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It would be really stupid if the GMs punished the player you're talking about in any way.

Lets say... I'll pk you everytime I see you just because I don't like you. Or because I don't like venos. Or because I justt can. Will it be harrasment? If its harrasment to you why don't you switch to PvE server? In there all he could do to you would be just throwing some bad words @ you.

I play on LC myself and I get pked like 10-20 times a day, sometimes I fight back, sometimes I do not, but its still just game, so I just say "gratz" to the pker everytime and if the same person keeps killing me over and over again I either move to some other location (PW is big) or I call some friends to help.

Its part of the game!

exactly, to me its part of the game. LC server u get pk'd daily by sometimes the same ones over and over again..fight back or call friends or take it on the chin
    edited June 2009
    if i could fight back dont you think i would have xP also. friends.. none are on at the time i go hunting.

you guys REALLY pay attention to the details.

well. i was just asking a question. like stated in the first message.
    it may sound like QQ if you interpret it that way. but its still a question none the less.

as for my course of action. ill just avoid him while i can.. xD any way thank you for those that actually took the time to read the details and give an honest answer instead of just skimming though it and giving an answer completely opposite to the question xD

• Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2009

My thoughts exactly. b:bye
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
    edited June 2009
    ok i guess i should have done this before hand.
    this thread is done and doesn't need any other posts

CLOSE TOPIC PLEASE
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Just because we gave ways to deal with the situation, which weren't exactly to your liking, doesn't mean we didn't browse over your first post. Learn not to make baseless assumptions. They make you look bad.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ohhh, more pk server logic. According to you: "Killing happens in real life all the time its part of the world so it should not be punishable."

Stop making yourselves look stupid. Unless of course you don't mind if I go kill YOU.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited June 2009
    Just because we gave ways to deal with the situation, which weren't exactly to your liking, doesn't mean we didn't browse over your first post. Learn not to make baseless assumptions. They make you look bad.
    as does harassing someone ing your 'advice.' and before you give the, "UR 1 2 TALK HYPOCRIT" speech, which is highly irrelevant, there are nicer ways of doing things, (tis not very possible for me sometimes, i cant control what i do 70% of my day :P)

going BFD! to an issue does not help at all >_>
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Just an FYI, I wouldn't hunt you down, per se, but if I saw you at a rare pet spawn, I would kill you. I HATE pet killers, and you've already done it once, so what's to stop you from doing it again? You reap what you sow. If you've made someone angry, then you deal with the consequences. Pretty much everyone has a KoS list. I have one, obviously he has one, and I know friends with one.

If you had a problem with the Veno, you should have killed HER, not the pet. Plain and simple. Couldn't kill her? Then you've forgotten one of the many rules of MMOs in general. Might makes right. You're on a PvP server. Someone's bothering you, you have a choice. Kill them, or walk away. Kill them, and you have the consequences of their friends, faction, etc. Walk away, you suffer a blow to your ego, but maybe stay safe. It's your choice.

And before you go "Stupid PvE player talking about PvP", I've done the PvP thing. I decided I'd make my main the PvE because of my friends, and the fact that I'd rather not deal with the PvP drama. It's kill and be killed. You knew that when you signed up. So, you've made your bed; now lie in it for a while. And think about the consequences to your actions.
  • Aaryana - Sanctuary
    Aaryana - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    1210658215415.gif

This video says it all OP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb8fWUUXeKM

• realtalk
    realtalk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Warning this message may contain QQ if interpreted that way.
    my problem is this. a while back a i was at cub. and a veno kept walking in front of me and leaving their magmite there.
    i told the veno to stop. he/she replied ''thats what she said'' har har i though.
    so he/she kept it up. then i replied. if you dont stop i will kill the *** cub and no one will get it... still he/she kept it up. so.
    you guessed it. i obliterated the cib with my magmite and ironwood.
    well 2 days later. a get pked by (anon) and right before die another (anon) pks me. he tells me i Po'ed him off because i killed the cub. so i was like. kay what ever. dont need to qq and pk cause you diddnt get what you want.
    after that he tells me that he is going to hunt me down every day at rares.
    i replied with a smug face.
    '' i can allways ticket for griefing'' and to my suprise. he tells me. that i wouldnt be able to do that as long as he isnt the one that kills me every time.
    now. i have knowlage that he was in (anon) faction and that people from (anon) will help him.

NOW after reading this long and most likely boring and QQ problem of mine.
    here is the question. is he right? has he found a loop hole in the TOS?
    a little help here

Gm's don't do anything about PK on pvp servers..that comes with playing on them.

I've seen a new player complaining about this type of "griefing" and a GM said "Welcome to Lost Ciy." lol
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    realtalk wrote: »
    Gm's don't do anything about PK on pvp servers..that comes with playing on them.

I've seen a new player complaining about this type of "griefing" and a GM said "Welcome to Lost Ciy." lol

Someone give tha GM a raise
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited June 2009
    thats a pro gm :O? which one said it?
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Stop making yourselves look stupid. Unless of course you don't mind if I go kill YOU.

Oh noeZ! the big bad Zoe's gonna come and kill me cause my pixel attacked his/her pixel! zomGz! b:shocked b:shocked
    edited June 2009
    and she will win without running, using a charm, flesh ream, stuns, healing, potting, or apoth items of any kind or ambushing you, because that is noob.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    and she will win without running, using a charm, flesh ream, stuns, healing, potting, or apoth items of any kind or ambushing you, because that is noob.

I thought only Chuck Norris was able to do that................
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited June 2009
    Just an FYI, I wouldn't hunt you down, per se, but if I saw you at a rare pet spawn, I would kill you. I HATE pet killers, and you've already done it once, so what's to stop you from doing it again? You reap what you sow. If you've made someone angry, then you deal with the consequences. Pretty much everyone has a KoS list. I have one, obviously he has one, and I know friends with one.

If you had a problem with the Veno, you should have killed HER, not the pet. Plain and simple. Couldn't kill her? Then you've forgotten one of the many rules of MMOs in general. Might makes right. You're on a PvP server. Someone's bothering you, you have a choice. Kill them, or walk away. Kill them, and you have the consequences of their friends, faction, etc. Walk away, you suffer a blow to your ego, but maybe stay safe. It's your choice.

And before you go "Stupid PvE player talking about PvP", I've done the PvP thing. I decided I'd make my main the PvE because of my friends, and the fact that I'd rather not deal with the PvP drama. It's kill and be killed. You knew that when you signed up. So, you've made your bed; now lie in it for a while. And think about the consequences to your actions.
    how can i kill an alt thats under 30? cub is lv 20 so being a high lv isnt needed. and i dont feel like taking the time to make a veno alt for every pet