Bad Lag Issues since genie update

Devarsi - Sanctuary
Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Support Desk
Okay ever since the genie update ... every time i enter an instance and stay inside for like.. 5 minutes... i start getting insane lag.. it shows my character running in place.. it will not let me buff .. it fixes upon relogging only to happen 5 minutes later again.. it seems to only happen in instances ... and even worse.. when i am farming mats in heaven/hell and it begins.. the timer sits on 100%.. i can't esc cancel it.. can't move.. or anything.. only fixed upon relogging...

can ANYONE help its making this game almost unplayable in instances

edit: another note.. the chat isn't lagged at all.. i play next to my girlfriend and the chat is synced fine.. its just my character movements and location that are really off ... i've tried connecting to wired internet (i usually play on wireless).. i've tried closing all non necessary procedures.. i've tried just about everything i can and the only thing that temporarily helps is restarting the client

also i have 2.53 GHz processor and 3 GB of ram .. and it worked perfectly fine prior to the genie update

one last bit of information.... my girlfriends laptop runs fine without having this error.. but my laptop has also been crashing randomly and a reportbugs window comes up saying unexpected software error
Post edited by Devarsi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    There are any posts about the crashes. I recommend sending tickets and if the problems foesn't get patched soon, start daily ticket reporting, that's just my honest opinion though.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    have gms acknowledged this issue at all or are they ignoring it? i sat for an hour frozen with 100% timer on my screen and kept sendiing the i'm stuck message and a GM never appeared ... its really frustrating and i can barely play anymore
  • Narathel - Sanctuary
    Narathel - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I havent been lagging but on your last bit of info I have been having the same problem and now I am completly unable to actually get into the game. My launcher loads fine, I can log in fine but after I click the start button in the character select screen it either crashes or gets stuck on the "entering perfect world screen" Iv sent in a ticket today. I do admit the load screens upto the log in screen and then to the char select screen has be realy slow lately to. I was told they were having probs with the west coast severs or something. How true that is I dont know. I havent seen any GM's or Mod's comment on the situation yet =/.
This discussion has been closed.