Purge

Options
Asgenar - Lost City
Asgenar - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
I personally feel that purge should have some spark requirement and perhaps a longer cooldown. Reasons are pretty self explanatory. b:surrender
Post edited by Asgenar - Lost City on

Comments

• XEPICxBISHx - Lost City
    XEPICxBISHx - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No, and it has a much longer cool down depending on what level the skill is. Mine is only Lv2 because I have better things to level, its cooldown is 110 seconds. If the person pays the skill points and the gold to level it, I think they deserve for it to have a shorter cooldown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    hehehehehe vvvv
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I personally feel that purge should have some spark requirement and perhaps a longer cooldown. Reasons are pretty self explanatory. b:surrender

You really think 2 minute cooldown is fast?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Element - Heavens Tear
    Element - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lmfao wtf O.o
    [SIGPIC]b:angry[/SIGPIC]
  • Allure - Harshlands
    Allure - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Maybe just a little chi, but an entire spark is excessive. If bleed were fixed, Purge and Amp would be fine. But as it is, it's unfair. I can go into TW without a charm, running around without ever going above 15% HP at a time. I still manage to purge > amp > bleed, and ofc kill, an average of 2 priests before I get oneshot. A chi requirement would mean I actually need effort to be half decent (and perhaps a charm).
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Honestly, making the cooldown any longer would make the ape boss in HH2-2/2-3 a LOT harder on the tank. Usually when I went on Delphi to do that boss, we brought two venos to take turns debuffing so the tank wouldn't get their charm **** and so the boss would die faster.

Besides that, whats next? Lets hope this guy doesn't find out what Holy Purge does - he might cry. Hopefully he doesnt read this, because what it does is turns the debuff into an AOE debuff, everyone around the person getting purged with also be purged. I am not sure if the cooldown is less or not, but it still doesnt use vigor. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Demon veno purge has a 25 second cooldown >.> so i say no to spark requirement. At regular lvl 10 it has 30 second cooldown. Sage version has a 5 meter aoe O_O . Only thing i think they should do is fix the bleed bug for all pets but that aint happening so suck it up and move on (dont give me that but genies are here so bleed dont matter cause it still is a bug that is way too obvious. If genies really made bleed bug abuse dissapear venos would of switched up pet moves but nope u still see them with bleed dont you? Damn straight cuzz its darn effective still.)
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    a cleric that just lost facing a veno that know how to play ? so qq land once again ?

purge and amp are fox form.. so no cast

needs to change back (and lose mana) to be able to cast.

purge has a too long CD as it is regarding some bosses (and not that much played in low-mid level pvp)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    a cleric that just lost facing a veno that know how to play ? so qq land once again ?

purge and amp are fox form.. so no cast

needs to change back (and lose mana) to be able to cast.

purge has a too long CD as it is regarding some bosses (and not that much played in low-mid level pvp)

What cleric you talking about o.o?

edit - cant be me since im only lvl 1 xD
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Demon veno purge has a 25 second cooldown >.> so i say no to spark requirement. At regular lvl 10 it has 30 second cooldown. Sage version has a 5 meter aoe O_O . Only thing i think they should do is fix the bleed bug for all pets but that aint happening so suck it up and move on (dont give me that but genies are here so bleed dont matter cause it still is a bug that is way too obvious. If genies really made bleed bug abuse dissapear venos would of switched up pet moves but nope u still see them with bleed dont you? Damn straight cuzz its darn effective still.)

Yet another noob crying that bleed is a bug when its just another strong skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

It actually is a bug... it doesn't get it's damage reduced in pvp like everyone else. Same with HH, pets do full damage instead of the reduced damage that everyone else gets. That's why herc can hold agro in hh so easily compared to fb's.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It actually is a bug... it doesn't get it's damage reduced in pvp like everyone else. Same with HH, pets do full damage instead of the reduced damage that everyone else gets. That's why herc can hold agro in hh so easily compared to fb's.

I don't think anyone wants pet damage reduced in HH. I'm sure archers like being able to just sharpentooth and then afk autoshoot till bosses are dead and not worry about taking aggro.

As far as purge goes...its not the easiest thing to use anyways. You have to get close, 10m, which is way inside someone's range. As an archer, between stun and aim low you can keep a fox outside 10m pretty easily. Hell you can even stun/aim low someone from outside their casting range so they can't even do anything but send their pet.

Anyways, who purges archers? Most on this server are pure dex and only a few of them have enough hp to be worth purging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options

lol are you mad cause im stating that a skill which the gm's admit is a bug is unreal? I have a veno and a nix with bleed myself. My statement said all we can do is suck it up and move on i jsut stated the things about genies in case people said but theres a cure now but it isnt >.> . SO....you get get off my nut sack bish and learn more about the game b4 stating ur stuff.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol are you mad cause im stating that a skill which the gm's admit is a bug is unreal? I have a veno and a nix with bleed myself. My statement said all we can do is suck it up and move on i jsut stated the things about genies in case people said but theres a cure now but it isnt >.> . SO....you get get off my nut sack bish and learn more about the game b4 stating ur stuff.

Show me where any GM said that its a bug, because it wasn't a bug in the CN server, it wasn't a bug in the MY server but its a bug in the INT server? Everyone still complains that its bugged in those servers because they cry almost as much as people here do, but the GM's and PW Beijing (Central PW) have said it was made the way it is. The phoenix isn't the only pet that does that, the pets are like mobs, leveled and have skills - they would hit you just like the mob would at that level and attack.

Dont complain that a class can use pets, because thats all you're REALLY complaining about, the pets were built that way, its not just the phoenix or herc, its just their attacks are significantly higher than that of the bee or golem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WindRunnerr - Lost City
    WindRunnerr - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    GG

10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Purge have already 30 secs cooldown, then why buffs dont have that cooldown?
    30 secs in TW is a LOT of time! You can never purge enough ppl!
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Show me where any GM said that its a bug, because it wasn't a bug in the CN server, it wasn't a bug in the MY server but its a bug in the INT server? Everyone still complains that its bugged in those servers because they cry almost as much as people here do, but the GM's and PW Beijing (Central PW) have said it was made the way it is. The phoenix isn't the only pet that does that, the pets are like mobs, leveled and have skills - they would hit you just like the mob would at that level and attack.

Dont complain that a class can use pets, because thats all you're REALLY complaining about, the pets were built that way, its not just the phoenix or herc, its just their attacks are significantly higher than that of the bee or golem.

Well someone already beat me to linking a quote from a gm so there it is and stfu just cause you played other versions you think your right? I bet on there you were just as uninformed as you are now. I never complained about pets i referred to a skill not the pets. In your quote you already contradicted yourself there is supposed to be pvp reduction go do a regular hit with your nix/sawfly/kowlin on a mob now try that on a char, then try it with bleed. Are you gonna tell me that bleed is supposed to hit more then your regular attack per hit >.> . You should change your name to epic idiot.
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I don't think anyone wants pet damage reduced in HH. I'm sure archers like being able to just sharpentooth and then afk autoshoot till bosses are dead and not worry about taking aggro.

As far as purge goes...its not the easiest thing to use anyways. You have to get close, 10m, which is way inside someone's range. As an archer, between stun and aim low you can keep a fox outside 10m pretty easily. Hell you can even stun/aim low someone from outside their casting range so they can't even do anything but send their pet.

Anyways, who purges archers? Most on this server are pure dex and only a few of them have enough hp to be worth purging.

hmm I leave the thread a few days and I see so many venos defending purge. Let me put out some facts.

1. a veno can purge triple spark, so when I triple spark and stand there doing the animation, a veno can go into fox form, come close and purge me and i just lost 3 sparks
    2. a veno can purge blood clot genie skill. YES, IT CAN
    3. It can purge everything except a barb's turtle which is it's 2 spark reduced damage skill
    4. it's ****
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    3. It can purge everything except a barb's turtle which is it's 2 spark reduced damage skill

b:shocked b:cry
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hmm I leave the thread a few days and I see so many venos defending purge. Let me put out some facts.

1. a veno can purge triple spark, so when I triple spark and stand there doing the animation, a veno can go into fox form, come close and purge me and i just lost 3 sparks
    2. a veno can purge blood clot genie skill. YES, IT CAN
    4. it's ****

1. Why would you triple spark when someone's paying attention? A cleric will sleep you, a mage will FoW you, wr barb or archer will stun you, and a veno will debuff you. You wasted your own sparks.

2. OMG blood clot. Nix kills people fine without bleed. Bleed just means i can stand and watch instead of fight.

3. Barbs are OP.

4. no You're ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    1. Why would you triple spark when someone's paying attention? A cleric will sleep you, a mage will FoW you, wr barb or archer will stun you, and a veno will debuff you. You wasted your own sparks.

2. OMG blood clot. Nix kills people fine without bleed. Bleed just means i can stand and watch instead of fight.

3. Barbs are OP.

4. no You're ****.

umm, I usually triple spark to remove bleed and notice how my fact was stated towards venos. The fact of being sealed or silenced has nothing to do with venos purging triple spark. Secondly, I have never died to a veno who has a nix that doesn't bleed that is relatively the same level as me. And thirdly, your statement is pointless. Why do I care that you can kill people without bleed? I'm saying that purge can wipe out blood clot. the only thing that I agree with you is that barbs are OP. And i can't be **** because yourmom said i wasn't.

P.S. No need to get so emotional.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Erm, last time I remembered my "invoke the spirit" (the turtle skill) being purged.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    umm, I usually triple spark to remove bleed and notice how my fact was stated towards venos. The fact of being sealed or silenced has nothing to do with venos purging triple spark. Secondly, I have never died to a veno who has a nix that doesn't bleed that is relatively the same level as me. And thirdly, your statement is pointless. Why do I care that you can kill people without bleed? I'm saying that purge can wipe out blood clot. the only thing that I agree with you is that barbs are OP. And i can't be **** because yourmom said i wasn't.

P.S. No need to get so emotional.

I was giving examples of how venos arent the only ones who can nullify your triple spark. If you were doing it to remove bleed anyways, then it doesn't matter if you get it purged off, since the sparks already served their purpose, right?

not ****? damn, got my hopes up for nothingb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrimsonScyth - Lost City
    CrimsonScyth - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    remove bleed? wait...after bleed hits you can remove it by sparking? only with triple spark or can a 1 spark do that as well?

cant believed i overlooked something like that? or did you mean spark to prevent bleed from hitting?
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    remove bleed? wait...after bleed hits you can remove it by sparking? only with triple spark or can a 1 spark do that as well?

cant believed i overlooked something like that? or did you mean spark to prevent bleed from hitting?

triple spark removes negative statuses.. bleed, poison.. etc
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I was giving examples of how venos arent the only ones who can nullify your triple spark. If you were doing it to remove bleed anyways, then it doesn't matter if you get it purged off, since the sparks already served their purpose, right?

not ****? damn, got my hopes up for nothingb:sad

Well triple spark's purpose isn't only to remove bleed..usually..I think..
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Why do people say triple spark is so hard to use in pvp? learn2triplesparkpl0x
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

I feel its more likely that developers if the game makes bramble hood require no spark at all and no cooldown. So venos can spam it. Or make lucky scarab 100% with 5 sec stun. Since venos can only have ppl chainstunned for 5 sec - thats not always enough to kill someone if they remove bleed. God forbid venos should take any dmg at all in pvp or have to use freeze in foxform or use genie. Thats just to much work.

Than dev might make perdition a non spark skill, so barbs can use it over and over and might as well give them 100 hp per 1 vita so they can tank 8 ppl instead of only 4. And finally change beastial onslaught so it does 500% weapon dmg and remove all evasion in the entire area.

This game always favored untamed as we all know lol. Developers really shiet on both elves and humans, good knows why. No point discussing anything that might be seen as a veno nerf since it will never happened, devs just lubs us foxies to much b:cute
  • Bows_Spirit - Lost City
    Bows_Spirit - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    No, and it has a much longer cool down depending on what level the skill is. Mine is only Lv2 because I have better things to level, its cooldown is 110 seconds. If the person pays the skill points and the gold to level it, I think they deserve for it to have a shorter cooldown.

i pay alot of skill poins and gold into maxing winged shell but should it need 10 chi and have a 7 second cool down? pfft i wish :p