Where does Force of Will come in?

damani
damani Posts: 105 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Wizard
I see people saying its essential, people saying it's worthless. Obv better for PvP/TW than PvE, but where in the combo does it come in? Only use as needed?

People are always saying Undine > Sutra > etc, but why never FoW > Undine > Sutra, etc?
Post edited by damani on

Comments

• Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    People do to FoW > Undine > Sutra.. what hole you been in?
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Dalamaar - Heavens Tear
    Dalamaar - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    FOW is your oh **** spell.. If you are fighting a mob and it gets to close use it. At the lower levels it just makes the mob turn around for a sec but once you level it the mob will run the max range of your spells from you and then head back.. that will buy you a precious few secs to make that last hit on the mob or blink away..

in PK use it on the guy your fighting before a sutra, they wont be able to attack so you have a better chance of not being interupted.

All in all i consider it one of my most important skill even if it doesn't do damage.
  • damani
    damani Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    seems in duels i'm either re-Fow'ed or stunned before I can use it tho
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    FoW is awesome for TW or mass PK (well we dont have mass PK on HT, but im assuming it works about the same).

Basically you're job as a wiz is to be a sneaky DD ****, so being able to sneak around and seal casters (especially clerics watching over barbs w/ catas is essential to a successful def strategy.

The defensive way I use it is: FoW -> blink -> run -> scream like girl in vent -> throw up sad face b:cry -> lament being squishy -> respawn -> back to pwning
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    FoW is awesome especially the sage version which makes it a AOE!
    too bad it couldnt last the actually full 5 seconds
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Zeonus - Heavens Tear
    Zeonus - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Essential in PvP, and PvE. You cast it in PvE and they run backwards. That means you get a few extra hits in, and it cancel's channeling as long as it's below 75% finished. I'd kill myself with a fax machine if I didn't have FoW.
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Fow is amazing, see a bm sprint up to you, Fow him. See a enemy casting a spell, Fow him. There's never a fight where I don't use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Anders - Lost City
    Anders - Lost City Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    force of will...
    mmmmmmm
    I agree with whomever said, "it's your OH ****!!" spell
    it is....but I use it sometimes just for ****s and giggles.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    First TW I was in I was using it to spite archers, such fun.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Anemone - Harshlands
    Anemone - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    FoW is great. You can crash a zhen without even needing a doll in case you go red. It doesn't even tell the person who interrupted the blue bubble. In the same vein, you can stop rushing WRs and zhenning EAs in TW np. If someone goes afk in zhen and everyone decided to stop, you can leave party and interrupt them to save their charm as well.

Works great on anyone you want to destroy with Sutra. Especially when maxed.

It's nice for making a mob gtfo when another one spawns on you and you're trying to conserve HP or grind charmless. That way you only have one enemy hitting you while you finish that off, then slow+kb the next so it stops hitting you as well.
    Formerly /Haiku/ of Lost City.
    Still cognitive atrophy at its finest.