Good Grinding Spots

Options
Johavialure - Sanctuary
Johavialure - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Wizard
Grinding is just a part of the game, but I've been wondering if anybody knows of excellent grinding spots? For wizards, it's slightly easier because we have elemental advantage over metal,water, and fire mobs.

Anyways, I've a lvl 50 wizard. Any suggestions?

(Sorry if theres another post with this info but I tried looking for one and failed)
Post edited by Johavialure - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Coldflash - Dreamweaver
    Coldflash - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Grinding is just a part of the game, but I've been wondering if anybody knows of excellent grinding spots? For wizards, it's slightly easier because we have elemental advantage over metal,water, and fire mobs.

Anyways, I've a lvl 50 wizard. Any suggestions?

(Sorry if theres another post with this info but I tried looking for one and failed)

Around 50 go to misfortune and grind on the terrestrial foxwings there, they are fire so pyro shell and gush at least are a must. After that obviously you go to Foxwing supremes, then you can grind on those til you are high enough for the minions of alucard in the swamp of wraith.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    How about for high 30's?
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    How about for high 30's?

Flying poison mobs above Unicorn forest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lvl 46-51 - Ramshackle Roc, Metal, weak Fire, excelent DQ item drop. I was selling them for 5k/piece. Location: Above Sundown Town.
    Lvl 51-55 - Bloodthirsty Shark /Queen - near Misfortune City. A lot of ppl have quests in the area, and BMs and Barbs are going crazy chasing these mofos.
    lvl 55+ - Ultrafin Protector south of Dawn Cry.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • almostbigorre
    almostbigorre Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm playing a lvl 55 pure int wizard atm and im farming Foxwing Supremes with my lvl 7 water shield and low lvl water spells (Poor wizards FTW! b:victory) point is, i farm them without any trouble at all :D ( this is not my wiz this is my forum char, Krucifix is my wizards name b:chuckle
  • Eliteknight - Sanctuary
    Eliteknight - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Whats a good place for a level 39-45 barb to grind at? b:puzzled
    Roes are RED, Carebears are blue, No one cares because GM'S still SCREWED YOU!!!!
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Whats a good place for a level 39-45 barb to grind at? b:puzzled

Try grinding the barb forums b:chuckle
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hey Ursa thanks for the tip it made the grind to the 5x's a lot easier
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Tsukaine - Heavens Tear
    Tsukaine - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    need money b:victory lvl 63 wiz any spots pls? b:angry foxwing stopped doing it for meb:surrender
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    np. 60's aren't bad either, but you need to do your Justice quest every day. Choose water/metal mobs, there are plenty of them - 3 hits, no exception ( maxed DP + P for Metal and SS+SR for water. would be good now to try and raise masteries and for the love of God dont spend any SPs on the ultimates, except maybe the MS, the other two are gonna be useless for at least 10 lvls. Better raise earth/fire mastery as much as possible. I'm telling you there is a huge diffs if you have both at +12% or +14% whatever is the max for that lvl, you'll grind through the 60s like there's no tomorrow if u have those elements maxed. At my lvl I grind at dragonmaids (lvl 78) and I can have them in 3 shots - SS-P-SR because of the maxed elements. I get 520xp and 104 sp/normal mob. With a eso scroll i can have +10% of lvl within the hour. I tried Zhen at spiders today, total bull****, not worth it unless you're lazy and start DB and go AFK, then yeah, do it).

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zeonus - Heavens Tear
    Zeonus - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    need money b:victory lvl 63 wiz any spots pls? b:angry foxwing stopped doing it for meb:surrender

Vampiric Nightstalkers, west of Dreamweaver. Level 62 flying mobs, and imo easier than Supremes in general, aside fromthe fact Glacial/Gush are 1.5x damage (2.0x?) on those fire mobs. These are normal, non element. Great drops (I average over 100k/hour) and more exp.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    yeah, those aren't bad, but at that point you can do Justice quests at Adalwolf Geomancers. Shoud be 3-shot unless u do something wrong. A Justice at those mobs should take about 16-20 minutes, then just continue KoS untill the hour runs out for justice. Rinse and repeat.

And BTW, i never liked foxwings and never grind at them. You need to have maxed water spells and mastery to grind efficiently and I found it more useful until now to increase mastery and max Fire and Earth. Glacial Snare has a stupid 15s cooldown, and without that as an opener agains fire elements you might as well just go to sleep or roll a veno.
    I tried once and I was so pissed I never did it again. They were 3 shots: GS-Gush-SR. Now do the math: 0 seconds GS opener ( starts his 15 secs cooldown) + 2 seconds Gush + 3.4 seconds SR = 5.4 sec. Basically, 5.4 sec after the opener hits, the mob is dead. Now to kill eficiently the next one you need to wait 9.5 sec for the cooldown or use another combo. I'm sorry, but with all the bonus those foxwings give, i prefer to have those 9.5 sec used to cast a : SS-Gush-SR which is the exact combo skill for Adawolf Geomancers. You get more drops because of kill rate - hence some extra cash - and the 20k xp and 4k SP/hour bonus(justice quest reward) and I don't know about you, but I don't see any advantages in grinding the foxwings.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Glamourness - Sanctuary
    Glamourness - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    They say venos can grind. I can't. I need a grinding spot.b:cry
    Thx Forsakenx for this awesome sig

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    you just don't know the spots. Search PW database for melee mobs in the high 40s and low 50s. You should do just fine with a magmite ur lvl. After you found some, check for the one that has the lowest HP. if it's not wood, go for it. If it is, get the next one in line and so on... Here is an idea:

Eldergoth Sharpshooter 46 Earth, weak Wood HP 8706
    Eldergoth Warrior 46 Earth, weak Wood HP 9577

You should be hitting these **** really hard. And there is a swarm of them around Sundown Town ( west of the map) , on the mountains sorrounding the fb39. They respawn very quick, 5-6 sec.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lolloloololo - Sanctuary
    Lolloloololo - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    yeah, those aren't bad, but at that point you can do Justice quests at Adalwolf Geomancers. Shoud be 3-shot unless u do something wrong. A Justice at those mobs should take about 16-20 minutes, then just continue KoS untill the hour runs out for justice. Rinse and repeat.

And BTW, i never liked foxwings and never grind at them. You need to have maxed water spells and mastery to grind efficiently and I found it more useful until now to increase mastery and max Fire and Earth. Glacial Snare has a stupid 15s cooldown, and without that as an opener agains fire elements you might as well just go to sleep or roll a veno.
    I tried once and I was so pissed I never did it again. They were 3 shots: GS-Gush-SR. Now do the math: 0 seconds GS opener ( starts his 15 secs cooldown) + 2 seconds Gush + 3.4 seconds SR = 5.4 sec. Basically, 5.4 sec after the opener hits, the mob is dead. Now to kill eficiently the next one you need to wait 9.5 sec for the cooldown or use another combo. I'm sorry, but with all the bonus those foxwings give, i prefer to have those 9.5 sec used to cast a : SS-Gush-SR which is the exact combo skill for Adawolf Geomancers. You get more drops because of kill rate - hence some extra cash - and the 20k xp and 4k SP/hour bonus(justice quest reward) and I don't know about you, but I don't see any advantages in grinding the foxwings.

Valid points for the most part.

When I do foxwings now, it is GS>Gush>SS. If GS's slow misses, I add a FoW after gush, then SS then rarely, gush.

The whole thing is, I love GS. The slow is practically crippling, at least to me. The 15 second cool down isn't that bad of an offset. I make sure to NEVER get hit (although I use hp charms and mp) so I add in a FoW when needed. So by the time I'm done with a mob, I maybe need to wait 3 seconds before I can attack again, assuming I run to the drop as well.

Also, air mobs give better DQ drop rates and exp rates in general. Being able to 3-4 shot Geomancers is nice, but that means (since you're not using GS, water mobs) you're more than likely going to get hit, and their rates are WAY low. I tested it 6 times, 60 kills each. 9 dq61s and 1 dq71 give or take, average. So just because I can kill them a bit faster, it still wastes money due to your hp getting hit/lower drop rate/more mp used.

Just IMO Ursa. Foxwings versus Geomancers, I dunno. Never tested them both directly to compare. But I did grind Foxwings from 53-60, then from 60-64 and onward Vamps.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I finally made it through the 40's b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I finally made it through the 40's b:victory
    Well almost out the 40's b:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Valid points for the most part.

When I do foxwings now, it is GS>Gush>SS. If GS's slow misses, I add a FoW after gush, then SS then rarely, gush.

The whole thing is, I love GS. The slow is practically crippling, at least to me. The 15 second cool down isn't that bad of an offset. I make sure to NEVER get hit (although I use hp charms and mp) so I add in a FoW when needed. So by the time I'm done with a mob, I maybe need to wait 3 seconds before I can attack again, assuming I run to the drop as well.

Also, air mobs give better DQ drop rates and exp rates in general. Being able to 3-4 shot Geomancers is nice, but that means (since you're not using GS, water mobs) you're more than likely going to get hit, and their rates are WAY low. I tested it 6 times, 60 kills each. 9 dq61s and 1 dq71 give or take, average. So just because I can kill them a bit faster, it still wastes money due to your hp getting hit/lower drop rate/more mp used.

Just IMO Ursa. Foxwings versus Geomancers, I dunno. Never tested them both directly to compare. But I did grind Foxwings from 53-60, then from 60-64 and onward Vamps.
    Well, you have a point there with drops, I never count them.
    But xp wise you're way better at geomancers because of the justice quest, and believe me, with the right combo you will never get hit. Ever. Unless you tank 2 of them, and even in that case, with a FoW and a Blink you'll get hit .... maybe once. A 170-200 hit I don't think is a problem.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XtinkX - Sanctuary
    XtinkX - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    at lvl 55+, there's some thunderfins a little south of dawn cry isle.

they're metal underwater mobs and if you've got a hi-lvl divine pyro and some gold HP/MP charms, you can make about 100k in an hour or two good xp also
  • Eliteknight - Sanctuary
    Eliteknight - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That Still Doesn't help a (Barb) grind b:cry
    Roes are RED, Carebears are blue, No one cares because GM'S still SCREWED YOU!!!!
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That Still Doesn't help a (Barb) grind b:cry

Epic necro b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    And even on the wrong forum.

C'mon, let's all send our BIDS after him to chase him off our forums b:laugh
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Can't... no chi! b:shocked

also for a barb to grind?
    at level 70?
    come work for a wizard. b:chuckle
    go drag seaweed theifs around for us so we can aoe them.
    XD
    or level up a bit get some $$ and rebirth. b:victory
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Don't necro please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.