Question about archers 60-70

Mvm - Lost City
Mvm - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Archer
i remember ppl tellin me startin form 60 to 70 will be so easy, and i will reach in about 2 weeks. now it's been more than 2 weeks, and am only 63. am i missin something here? is there a faster way to lv?
i mean so far the quests are so few, and exp are so little. the only good thing is that spirite is startin to grow.

and also, i have a Penetrator bow, with 2 sockets and +5; Crit rate +1%; Dex+9; MP+150. how long can i use this bow for? it is better than the HH60 crossbow, about how about thos HH70s?
Post edited by Mvm - Lost City on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The worst levels in the game are 65-68. Barely any quests and the swamp is so depressing and dreary. The game picks up again in the 70s when you fight huggy hares. Your bow is fine but check out Annor's awesome weapon guide:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=240812
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Mvm - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    so......... my mightmares are yet to come??
    well that sucks...... so how long dose ppl usually take to lv from 60-70?
  • Cpx - Harshlands
    Cpx - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If you devote a whole day to it you can get a level or two per day.
  • Mvm - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    grindin my head off? lol~~
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    hey grinding your head off is good for you. in my 60s i used to grind minions with this other archer and he had 10mil by 69. i was like half that rich at the time cuz i spent money on stupid things like glowing swords to carry around in and on stuff for my alts but yeah, grinding = richness
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    hey grinding your head off is good for you. in my 60s i used to grind minions with this other archer and he had 10mil by 69. i was like half that rich at the time cuz i spent money on stupid things like glowing swords to carry around in and on stuff for my alts but yeah, grinding = richness

agreed, start stockin up on coins in your 60s and through 70s towards nice 80 gear, also its time to start raisin some skills and such so mm mm grind money
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The worst levels in the game are 65-68. Barely any quests and the swamp is so depressing and dreary. The game picks up again in the 70s when you fight huggy hares. Your bow is fine but check out Annor's awesome weapon guide:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=240812

Really o_o I found 66-69 really easy with squad grinding on riders LOL.

But I would mainly just grind with a veno (with a herc..) of my level with justice quests xD

But if you meant soloing, then yes it sucks lol...
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    took me a day to get from 60 to 62, so idk what's wrong with your lvling rate. but again, i grind a lot and with exp scroll as well

from what i was told, 60s should be over in about 1 week
  • Cal - Harshlands
    Cal - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    is everyone missing it or havent anyone yet heard of zhen .. ita a money drain ofc but its worth it at lvls 60-70
    By the power of the alt lord ....
    I am ALT-MAN b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The 60s is "easier" because most monsters have ranged attacks. Thus, they rarely come into melee.
  • Kusider - Heavens Tear
    Kusider - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    But then again, most of the mobs needed are grounded mobs. Take longer to kill than air mobs ofc. These levels you should have skills to get out of melee situations vs mobs anyway.

60s was a little of a drag to me. Tusk Town was ok, but Swamp sucked. I've heard people saying that 60's suck and 70's is back to casual play.

My experience tells me to go with the flow. Don't feel pressured into levelling them fast because it only gets harder anyway. From reading the OP, it only tells me you aren't as active as they are, OR you don't zhen as much. You can 'almost' keep up by devoting a lot of time to Justice Orders.
  • Mvm - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    gettin PKed a lot now.. i just wonder... dosent thos guys dont hav a life or something? random pking everybody like that. i mean, they not gonna get anything from it.
  • Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    since this all fall into the same spot pretty much, where should one grind on for lots of dq drops.

i'm starting to realise this problem that my money is getting less by the minute due to the TT mat and gear gathering. just wondering if there are some mobs at this lvl that have good drop rate for dq, so i can get my money back on track.

p.s i've been grinding on the nightstalkers abover dreaming cloud, making about 150k per hour. is it the best it gets?
  • Caledfwlch - Harshlands
    Caledfwlch - Harshlands Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    gettin PKed a lot now.. i just wonder... dosent thos guys dont hav a life or something? random pking everybody like that. i mean, they not gonna get anything from it.

Go back to a PVE server if you can't handle it.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    since this all fall into the same spot pretty much, where should one grind on for lots of dq drops.

i'm starting to realise this problem that my money is getting less by the minute due to the TT mat and gear gathering. just wondering if there are some mobs at this lvl that have good drop rate for dq, so i can get my money back on track.

p.s i've been grinding on the nightstalkers abover dreaming cloud, making about 150k per hour. is it the best it gets?

Minions of Alucard, in the depressing swamp.
    - They are ranged attackers.
    - There are a lot of them.
    - They do not have group aggro.
    - They sometimes run away after you deal 75% damage, making it even easier to "kill them before they hit you".
    - They drop DQ71 and DQ61.

For higher efficiency, you can mark out minable materials near where you are. Then, use the Fire Arrow as a ten minute timer so you know when the materials respawn.

150k per hour is pretty good.
  • Salvation - Harshlands
    Salvation - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The 60s is "easier" because most monsters have ranged attacks. Thus, they rarely come into melee.

i actually like meele monsters better since they don't get to hit me AT ALL

ranged mobs sometimes get to hit and they hit hard