what's better LA or arcane!!

hussein1
hussein1 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cleric
whats better LA or arcane....

if i get LA ill put HP stones but what i dont understand is that a pure puts hp stones in arcane...

if you say LA can u plz explain and if u say arcane exaplin why to??

help meb
Post edited by hussein1 on

Comments

• meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This thread smells of troll.
  • Noronia - Lost City
    Noronia - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You should start out as a arcane then start La building when you lvl 44 or higher
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Catriona - Lost City
    Catriona - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I put HP in arcane :P it helps
    Float like a butterfly; hit like a truck! b:chuckle
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009

yea i started that too just dont have any good ones ^^b:chuckle
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    Aeneas - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    hussein12 wrote: »
    whats better LA or arcane....

if i get LA ill put HP stones but what i dont understand is that a pure puts hp stones in arcane...

if you say LA can u plz explain and if u say arcane exaplin why to??

help meb

At "high dollar" (sharding/refining gear) LA is very competitive with Arcane. They have certain strengths/weaknesses unique to the builds but by and large are fairly even.

At "low dollar" (bad shards/little-to-no refining) Arcane/Vit is much better/easier.

Until about 9x, when the damage gap starts to get more noticeable.

LA - higher phys defense, higher crit rate. You don't lose much in terms of elemental resistances or damage, but you do lose out in terms of HP, even with refining and sharding, vs a Arcane/Vit.

Arcane/Vit - noticeably lower phys defense, much lower crit rate, marginally better elemental res. and damage, much better HP.

LA only loses 3 - 5% off it's elemental resistances for a 10% or so better physical defense. They do a bit less damage but the crit rate gives them spike damage which is key in PvP.

IF you shard/refine enough HP to avoid being a oneshot, LA will do better then Arcane/Vit vs Archers, Blademasters, and Barbs, but worse vs Mages and will be at a disadvantage vs Arcane/Vit clerics.

I say "do worse" against Mages but really, certainly pre-Undine Strike and arguably even as late as pre-9x, Mages are going to struggle vs a Cleric in general.

LA clerics do very well in TW because their main enemies are Blademaster stun **** and Archers. All of this, though, is assuming an Arcane/Vit vs LA with both sharding and refining well.

Assuming you have an Arcane/Vit vs LA and neither are sharding well or refining much, the LA is at a much bigger disadvantage because he just flat-out won't have enough HP for many things. The key, really, is the refining bonuses and particularly the better helm, refined, for the LA. Miss out on that because you're character is poor and you're wasting your time as an Light Armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I would say arcane untill you get use to playing the role and you might like most arcane armours.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Noronia - Lost City
    Noronia - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Actually i do this too :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]