Going to buy a reset stone, need advice.

Aeyris - Sanctuary
Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Venomancer
I'm going to buy a reset stone to fix my stats because they are really messed up. I'm almost a level 50 venomancer and can only use level 30 weapons. Could someone tell me what my stats should be at this level? I plan on using magic and a bow.
Post edited by Aeyris - Sanctuary on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm going to buy a reset stone to fix my stats because they are really messed up. I'm almost a level 50 venomancer and can only use level 30 weapons. Could someone tell me what my stats should be at this level? I plan on using magic and a bow.

1 str 9 magic every 2 levels, or 1 str 1 vit 8 magic every 2 levels. Those are the 2 most commond robe builds. (pure nuke or vita mage)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    what about dex?
    edited May 2009
    what about dex?

you do not need dex to use any of the magic weapons or arcane gear.
    So do not add any dex (leave it at 3)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    woo bowmancer b:cute
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Why bother with 2 ranged weapons? Just use magic as ranged, you have physical attack in the form of your pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lacrimosa - Harshlands
    Lacrimosa - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You can't use skills with a bow. You'd have to constantly switch between a magic weapon or go barehanded to do so. Venomancers using bows have been done, but I really don't know how feasible it is.

This screenshot was taken from another version of the game. At first I thought it was just a heavy armor veno with it equipped for fun. Considering how much DEX it requires to equip that bow, heavy armor STR requirement and that the weapon soulbound(gold TT/HH mats to top it off.)..it was a serious build. It's up to you to experiment.

(WF is the abbreviation for werefox in PW-MY. Venomancer here in PWI.)
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Or 5 if you haven't put anything into Dex, or a restat wouldn't drop it below 5.
    You can't use skills with a bow. You'd have to constantly switch between a magic weapon or go barehanded to do so. Venomancers using bows have been done, but I really don't know how feasible it is.

You wouldn't have to switch as often as you think since you wouldn't actually be using many skills outside of an occasional Pet Heal, ST/NG/MB etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited May 2009

This screenshot was taken from another version of the game. At first I thought it was just a heavy armor veno with it equipped for fun. Considering how much DEX it requires to equip that bow, heavy armor STR requirement and that the weapon soulbound(gold TT/HH mats to top it off.)..it was a serious build. It's up to you to experiment.

(WF is the abbreviation for werefox in PW-MY. Venomancer here in PWI.)

The main point is that you can't have both DEX for your level weapon and MAG for your level weapon. Pick which one you want to use, they're unfortunately not very compatible. You're better off experimenting with armor builds IMO ;3 But bow venos have been used as is evidenced. The important thing is that you pick a weapon and focus on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    why the heck would a veno wear a crimson horn O_o. thats like, very inefficient and kind of useless almost... how would they expect to kill anyone like that? let alone be helpful on bosses o_O.

man if you wanna be expiremental, work with something like isala's build, where you can equip any type of armor, and work in fox/magic form and still maintain decent dmg... bow wtf o.O
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    And how would I go about making a build like Isla's build? Or what's the pros and cons of using a bow as a veno? My problem is, I don't want to die so easily and possibly be able to tank.
    edited May 2009
    And how would I go about making a build like Isla's build? Or what's the pros and cons of using a bow as a veno? My problem is, I don't want to die so easily and possibly be able to tank.

To use her build you need quite a few million coins in gear.... lets put it this way... getting a herc and a phoenix would be the cheap part of using a veno with her build. However, it is very flexible and effective.

Pros: ranged physical damage
    Cons: Unable to use magic skills, including pet heals while wielding the bow. very high repair bills. You would have to remove bow to heal pet or use any skill, and your heal would be horribly low, same with your magic damage.

Remember, if you really want ranged physical, your pet already does that for you. You send pet, which does mostly physical damage while you pound the mob with magic damage and debuffs.

If you want to play that way, it is far more effective to just roll an archer, that way you could at least use skill with the bow.

Having said that. If what you want is to have a veno use a bow than put the stats point on your veno so you can use the bow you want, and most important, just have fun.
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    is fox form of any use at all? I don't use it that much, and when I do, I feel like I don't attack as well.

Most of the armor I use now is arcane.
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    oh and do I really need a herc or phoenix to tank? Aren't there other good pets?
    edited May 2009
    oh and do I really need a herc or phoenix to tank? Aren't there other good pets?

If you are going bow with 5 magic, your pet will die alot, no matter which one it is, however the herc/phoenix may last long enough to not die as much on each mob.

There are plently of good pets that can 90% of everything you need to kill. For the other 10 %, the herc/phoenix can kill 9.9%

Keep in mind though, that unless you have at least decent magic, your pet heal will be very bad, making hard for your pet to tank higher level mobs and bosses.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    is fox form of any use at all? I don't use it that much, and when I do, I feel like I don't attack as well.

Most of the armor I use now is arcane.

In emergency situations, Fox Form is useful, and to use the Fox Form debuffs, essential, but beyond that actually leveling in Fox Form for arcane is not the best of ideas because if you manage to pull aggro, the mob is going to be in your face already.

In order to fight in Fox Form effectively you really have to level Melee Mastery, and other Fox Form skills. Otherwise it's like leveling as Arcane without leveling Venomous/Ironwood Scarab: you just won't attack as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    To use her build you need quite a few million coins in gear.... lets put it this way... getting a herc and a phoenix would be the cheap part of using a veno with her build. However, it is very flexible and effective.

Pros: ranged physical damage
    Cons: Unable to use magic skills, including pet heals while wielding the bow. very high repair bills. You would have to remove bow to heal pet or use any skill, and your heal would be horribly low, same with your magic damage.

Remember, if you really want ranged physical, your pet already does that for you. You send pet, which does mostly physical damage while you pound the mob with magic damage and debuffs.

If you want to play that way, it is far more effective to just roll an archer, that way you could at least use skill with the bow.

Having said that. If what you want is to have a veno use a bow than put the stats point on your veno so you can use the bow you want, and most important, just have fun.
    actually youre quite wrong :P. he uses mostly 2-3* gear and self forged weapons, along with golems, undines and plenty of normal pets. dont be misleading lol. LA legendary gear is cheap as **** too.

and herc/phoenix are not reasonable info for a beginner whohsa no money, dont be so misleading :|.

basically, using a bow is like trying to run a 50 m dash with a sack of lead in your ****.
    edited May 2009
    actually youre quite wrong :P. he uses mostly 2-3* gear and self forged weapons, along with golems, undines and plenty of normal pets. dont be misleading lol. LA legendary gear is cheap as **** too.

and herc/phoenix are not reasonable info for a beginner whohsa no money, dont be so misleading :|.

basically, using a bow is like trying to run a 50 m dash with a sack of lead in your ****.

Herc/Phoenix is reasonable if the beginner is rich in RL and can spend the $200 a pet or if this is an alt.

And do not misslead them on crafting, it is not cheap to craft, specially if you are trying to get specific stats. Just remember how much you spent on the level 4 crafting when you only had to make three 2* items, and not worry about the stats.
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    ok, thanks guys, I'll stick with magic
  • Xueling_ - Heavens Tear
    Xueling_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If you are going bow with 5 magic, your pet will die alot, no matter which one it is, however the herc/phoenix may last long enough to not die as much on each mob.

There are plently of good pets that can 90% of everything you need to kill. For the other 5 %, the herc/phoenix can kill 9.9%

Keep in mind though, that unless you have at least decent magic, your pet heal will be very bad, making hard for your pet to tank higher level mobs and bosses.

My stats (with +stats):

114 Str (116)
    36 Dex (38)
    25 Vit (29)
    5 Mag

Pet: Jaden Qingfu

Most non-elite mobs don't do enough damage to my pet to even have them be considered a problem, and boost allows the beetle to take care of itself.

If a high dex veno's damage output is close to mine, then taking mobs down shouldn't be a problem, and her pet shouldn't die any more often than any other veno's pet will. The only difference between any other veno and a high dex veno is the high dex veno won't be able to do everything most other venos can do, and in Fox Form a high dex veno's accuracy will go through the roof. Yes, even high dex venos can still use fox form and those skills with a Wand of Colors if necessary.
    edited May 2009
    My stats (with +stats):

114 Str (116)
    36 Dex (38)
    25 Vit (29)
    5 Mag

Pet: Jaden Qingfu

Most non-elite mobs don't do enough damage to my pet to even have them be considered a problem, and boost allows the beetle to take care of itself.

If a high dex veno's damage output is close to mine, then taking mobs down shouldn't be a problem, and her pet shouldn't die any more often than any other veno's pet will. The only difference between any other veno and a high dex veno is the high dex veno won't be able to do everything most other venos can do, and in Fox Form a high dex veno's accuracy will go through the roof. Yes, even high dex venos can still use fox form and those skills with a Wand of Colors if necessary.

As far as i am concerned she could put all her points in vita and punch the mobs to death, if that makes her happy. The question she made was not can a wild build work, it was what should she put her stats points so she fix her build and she plans on using magic and bow

"I'm going to buy a reset stone to fix my stats because they are really messed up. I'm almost a level 50 venomancer and can only use level 30 weapons. Could someone tell me what my stats should be at this level? I plan on using magic and a bow."

The explanations so far were that you really cannot be good at both, since you will not have enough points. The traditional magic builds were given. That is about it.

Ultimaly, the best build is the one the player enjoys playing the most, even if it is a pure vita punching veno.
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Thanks, Xue, that was intriguing...hmmm, looks like I have some tough decisions to make.

Can anyone tell me why Magic and Dex do not go together well?
  • KallenHapti - Sanctuary
    KallenHapti - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    read this topic http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=4261 and decide for yourself
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Banned TB hairstyle made my Kallen cry b:sad
    Training my new wizzie. Current status lvl5X. b:pleased
    edited June 2009
    uh because, dex is for light armors, and all you need is 94 tops. you dont need crits, because youd do way more damage nuking than trying to crit every hit