Female Barbarians and male venomancers

Deonra - Heavens Tear
Deonra - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
what is odd, that all classes but the untamed have both male and female genders. well i love being a venomancer but i originaly wanted to be a barb but turned it down sadly with the fact it had only a male gender. i have meet many of PW males wanting to have a venomancer but having a second gender choise to it as well. now i so far have come up with at least one Consept for a female barbarian witch i will be posting in Deviant art soon. b:chuckle

Username: Deonra [yesh i kno same as my PW name but wat ev :D]
Post edited by Deonra - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kadashii - Sanctuary
    Kadashii - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    what is odd, that all classes but the untamed have both male and female genders. well i love being a venomancer but i originaly wanted to be a barb but turned it down sadly with the fact it had only a male gender. i have meet many of PW males wanting to have a venomancer but having a second gender choise to it as well. now i so far have come up with at least one Consept for a female barbarian witch i will be posting in Deviant art soon. b:chuckle

Username: Deonra [yesh i kno same as my PW name but wat ev :D]

Bumping this thread.

I feel the beastmasters.. er.. whatever their race is called need more choices.

You can have a male and female wizard, on top of that humans can also be blademasters. Male and female archers, plus they can also be clerics.

If something is wrong with "veno" sounding too feminine for a male.. you can even change the name of it when making a male venomancer.
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    because that's the way they chose to design the game
    so no

i swear every day someone makes another one of these threads

get over it it's not gonna change
  • Neonz - Lost City
    Neonz - Lost City Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    heres a good idea, listen to this, FOR the barbarians their is a tiger, people want female barbarians SO, why dont they make a female barbarian, your choices, a Leopard, Tigeress and wolf, THEN instead of them transforming into a big **** tiger they transform into a leopard (white leopard). Allthough I can not imagon venos as males to be honest x.x

@Briegg: shut up they put this fourm here for a reason don't got anything positive to say then just shut your big mouth. how about that? you want to complain people are choosing to speak FEELY get over it really, freedom of speach its a free fourm called SUGGESTION BOX shes making a suggestion so really shut your mouth and let people speak freely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Boojangles has a fetish with brambles o.O

---R-E-T-I-R-E-D----
    So troll elsewhere
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    heres a good idea, listen to this, FOR the barbarians their is a tiger, people want female barbarians SO, why dont they make a female barbarian, your choices, a Leopard, Tigeress and wolf, THEN instead of them transforming into a big **** tiger they transform into a leopard (white leopard). Allthough I can not imagon venos as males to be honest x.x

I would actualy not even change that, just make it so the barbarians can be male or female, but do not change any of the avatars, so they would look just like the males (which in reality, is much more likely). That way someone would be able to say they have a female tiger barb, but it would require no changes from the developers (except some copy and paste and change one model to read female)

And I would have to say, no male venos. Sorry, as someone said, it goes against the chinese mythology. It would be like people demanding Male Amazon warriors.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Neonz - Lost City
    Neonz - Lost City Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I would change it honestly JUST for the fact, I wanted to be a barb but I didnt want to be a boy >.> so Im a cleric >.> BIG diffrence I went from wanting to tank it all to heal ****.

also reason I said
    leopards for females is because
    leopards are like tigers only smaller and slimmer

I cant really imagon a smaller tiger than the barb, I mean I can
    but it would look alittle malformed, cuz embrace, then its like you got a tiger on the bottem
    and what looks like to be a smaller one on top >.> yeah to me in my mind its malformed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Boojangles has a fetish with brambles o.O

---R-E-T-I-R-E-D----
    So troll elsewhere
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I would change it honestly JUST for the fact, I wanted to be a barb but I didnt want to be a boy >.> so Im a cleric >.> BIG diffrence I went from wanting to tank it all to heal ****.

You could still be a female (as in you could embrace a male character), but you would still mostly look like the male models. It would be easy fairly simple for them to add a few things to the custumization of the character, so you could make it a little more feminine, like bows for the hair and stuff. When you transformed you would transform into a female white tiger, which would look just like the male version, unless you look at their bits.

That would probably be the fastest way, if it ever is going to happen, to have female barbs, since it would require very very little work on the devs part, only some minor cosmetic changes on the models (like the bows and stuff), while all the hard work of rendering all the animations would not be needed (well, a few would, the ones related to embrace).
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Elfy_wam - Lost City
    Elfy_wam - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well i kinda think they made barbs a male and veno a female on perpess but, it would be pretty cool if there was a female WB and a Male veno. But it kinda look weird to see a male veno. like how it would come out to look like.b:chuckle
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Female barb would look like animal too then most likely. wouldnt look sexy. a girl need to look sexy b:chuckle
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Female barb would look like animal too then most likely. wouldnt look sexy. a girl need to look sexy b:chuckle

.....thanks

Anyways, main thing is, venos are meant to be nimble and weaker physicly wise, but barbs are supposed to be tough and have great physical def.
    Girls are genreally weaker physicaly wise.
    And guys are genrally a bit tougher then girls.
    Therefore girls get the class of veno and guys get the class of barb.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
  • Sellen - Harshlands
    Sellen - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    .....thanks

Anyways, main thing is, venos are meant to be nimble and weaker physicly wise, but barbs are supposed to be tough and have great physical def.

that is true but so? why not let people choose, alot of people would love it so whats wrong? are you actually opposed to it? its a good idea im all for it!
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I did create a thread a while ago trying to remedy the situation a bit here. I still want the topic open for discussion since people are still asking for it. If you have any ideas beyond my own please feel free to reply to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Okay...it's a nice idea, but I'm sick of hearing it, to be quite honest.

This game is based on Chinese folklore. To make a barbarian female and a venomancer male would essentially go against at least one or two parts of the Chinese mythology that this game is based off of. Chances are, they probably aren't going to change anything, on that basis alone.

That said, just be thankful that you have the choice between male and female for all other classes. At the risk of repeating myself, I remember when I first started playing Perfect World, way back when in the very beginnings of Malay's open beta, wizards and clerics could only be female, and BMs and archers could only be male. They were able to change that, because there was nothing in doing so that went against the essential theme of the entire game.

I only wish people would stop asking...if it hasn't happened in the 5-6 years the Perfect World franchise has been around, it probably won't happen now.

/rant over
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • poolwater
    poolwater Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think this would be an awsome idea! Male Venos could be Necromancers (I think?...) and I would love to be a Barbarian! I didnt because I wanted to be a girl...b:sad
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    .....thanks

ok then i get your point, but why are bm's both male and female, and same for wiz's? i love the veno class, i had a veno for about 55 lvls, ok odd im a guy, so what? but now my cleric is at least 2 lvls higher than she is. the veno class is such a great class! they can solo just about everything, quests that i couldnt do, she could easily. so why not make a male veno, and a female barb. just change their true forms. the lepord idea for a female barb works, a lepord is sleek, powerful, fits in right. but for a male veno, ya im stuck on that. the fox is more cunning, and mysterious fits in with female venos
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Kajinn - Heavens Tear
    Kajinn - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the barb should be allowed both gender but veno can't it would mess with the storyline for the mythology this game is based on
  • Nathelia - Dreamweaver
    Nathelia - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think it is a good idea to make female barbarians they can look as the npcs form like the pet master or the skill trainer.
    Mhhh about male venos i dont care...
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Necros make Spoons mad, yo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009

And the rest of us are happy that we have to sift through the revived thread garbage just to find a new thread?
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Word to your motha fatherted. Yo, lets get outta here b:bye
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Holy 4 month necro, Batman...can't people just post in existing, active threads? Please? Or, perhaps, check to see if something is old but inactive, so they post a new one?

Search bars are your frieeend...
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2009
    Ignoring the necro police...

How about just give barbs and venos each others class attacks? Ex. A barb with veno skills. It'd be a lot easier than making a ***** looking barb or a steroid-pumped veno. A big brawny tiger casting magic isn't going to be less believable than a scrawny human female wielding two axes.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Not only is this a necro, but it's fairly pointless too. These classes will never have both genders (as far as we know anyway) because they're based on chinese mythology where they're single-gender. Unless mythology somehow changes, this won't happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.