Herc VS Puppy

Maddieson - Sanctuary
Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Venomancer
Ok, so I have currently have a puppy but Im thinking about getting a herc but would it be worth it?
I mean I can tank perfectly fine with the puppy but I dont know whats coming up in the levels.
But I like using the puppy so I can nuke the mob without attracting agro. Would the herc do just the same with me hitting constant crits?

So my main question is, should I invest in the herc for later levels or keep using the puppy?

Thanks in advance! (I feel as if Ima get the veno wrath)
It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
Post edited by Maddieson - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    duh. herc gets 22k+ pdef... puppy is kind of worthless and a craptastic pet, herc is a tank god, no other pets compare to its defense and its 17k magic defense
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    "tank god" OMG NO! You will steal agrro from him even in Heavy Armor.. Sadly true b:surrender
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    tank god, not aggro god. No pets can hold aggro nearly as well as a decent barb. This is for non-TT bosses that is.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • _ImaDude_ - Sanctuary
    _ImaDude_ - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    A herc in it's base form is one of the greatest pets you can get in my oppion, unfortunatly it drops agg. What you have to do is forget pounce and teach it either bash or i guess flesh ream, i use bash, and upgrade it as high as it can go for your level. Then the herc is in fact a tank god. You might be able to temporarily pull the agg away but bash has a fast cool down and normally can pull it right back.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Bash can only hold vs a barb on ? bosses. On level bosses you're better off tanking with a barb unless you don't have one available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nqeib
    nqeib Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If you want to tank bosses, invest in that herc. TT bosses, for example, are something no other pet can live through (as far as I know). Also, a herc would likely speed up grinding, but you'll be okay with a puppy/golem as well.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Bash can only hold vs a barb on ? bosses. On level bosses you're better off tanking with a barb unless you don't have one available.

If a barb and a cleric are available, a barb is always better than herc at tanking, you can go ape wild on nuking and chances are the barb can keep aggro.

On the herc, I would not get flesh ream, at 15secs cooldown it would be far less effective than Bash.
    Also, another skill that would work better than fleshream would be Roar. It also has a 15 sec cooldown, but it will always regain aggro when used, no matter who took the aggro. It is not effective at holding aggro as bash, but it is by far the best at regaining aggro.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ok thanks guys, Im going to slowly try and get a herc.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.