Sinister Shooter or...

blackice340
blackice340 Posts: 10 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Archer
Hurry I need help.

Is it worth it to make sinister shooter for around 500-600k OR wait till lvl 50 for General summrs long bow or what?

Im lvl 40, 42 soon. and I can buy mold for 400k rite now and make da slingshot.

anyone got any ideas of what to use after lvl 40..?

I dont want to upgrade every 5 lvls dats y...im thinking of gettin this slingshot n keeping till like 69 maybe lol. idk. anyone?
Post edited by blackice340 on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    SS should work fine from 42 until you get the General Summer Supply Stash Bow at lvl 50... It *won't* last you until 69 though... maybe mid-50's if you refine it to like +5 and have two G6 or better shards in it... if you're lucky enough to craft one with two sockets that is.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • tuey
    tuey Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ye im jus gunna use SS till 60 and use HH60 xbow till 69
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    To be honest, SS is really really good if you are on a PvE server and even PvP(considering that you won't do that much PvP around lev 40s and 50s). It has a lower damage than the General Bow, but that is normal, cause slings always have. I used them both, but imo, SS is better (more useful)for this pool of levels (42-60).
    For the record - It can't be used to lev 69 but, it is very cool till 60 when you switch to your first TT weapon. I have my general appreciation over SS because of it's speed which you will not notice in the beginning, but when you will switch again to another wep, you will see what i mean. I had a pretty big shock these days when i switched to Swiftwind Crossbow. I needed 1 day to get used to it.b:chuckle

So if you have the coin, buy the sinister, try the bow at lev 50 and see what you will like better to keep until lev 60. Leaving the aesthetic factor(bows look awesome) aside i would go for SS until lev 60 and wouldn't necessarily bother to refine it either.

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kusider - Heavens Tear
    Kusider - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't remember it all, but the GSL is far better than that sling in terms of pretty much everything.

I wouldn't worry too much about the 550k ish spent on the hammer. You'll get that back.

This is turning into an age old question already... I used GSL until 60, then Solarslayer (I found it very cheap, cheaper than TT60 that's why I used it). I suppose most would say to go TT60 instead because it is around the same in stats and a lot cheaper.

Decision is down to you, but in my opinion, I say find say a 2* or 3* Ornamented bow for cheap to carry you to 50 for GSL. If you want to use sinister, make sure you buy it cheap so you can resell without a loss. They can get difficult to sell sometimes.
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    high attack weapons isnt worth it that early in the game. just buy a 2* or better ornamented bow or the xbow. you will also get a pretty good weapon as a quest reward so no need to waste $$$$$$$!!
    also it will only take around 1week to reach 50 from 40.
    and you HAVE TO get the GSL if you want all the goodies that comes laterb:dirty

EDIT: just realised i only need 1 lvl for lvl55 supply stash :)
  • Soniclllll - Heavens Tear
    Soniclllll - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i used my SS+2 all the way up to 69 then started useng my wind in the clouds and never plan on changeing weps just ++++ it ( +6 it will be better then the striker +9 and it will bebetter then the best sling shot in the game)
  • nqeib
    nqeib Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I used the sinister shooter (+2) through levels 46-60, that was before the supply boxes were in. I then started using a swiftwind crossbow +3, but there was very little difference damage-wise. The SS had lower damage, but way more attacks per second, so mobs took around the same amount of hits to kill. I don't see why you couldn't use SS up to 69, if you're running low on money.
  • Erathia - Dreamweaver
    Erathia - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    umm.. I bought a +4 Sinister with 2 lv7 shards in it..

and when it came to comparing it with the GSL, I sold the bow immediately :)

dunno bout tt60, but since then YOU WANT SINISTER!